God condemns the green party.

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by TheFrogger, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFrogger Banned Valued Senior Member

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Did the bestiality party have their debates and national convention?
    Were they censored by mainstream media?
    Who got the sheep and goats and cows and chickens after the convention?

exchemist likes this.
  6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. billvon Valued Senior Member

It's also forbidden for anyone with glasses or contacts to go near the altar, which means that God condemns televangelists, too.

8. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

It is generally considered poor form for humans to have sex with animals, partly on the basis of cruelty.
    From the animal's point of view, it will almost certainly be an unwilling participant.
    From the human's point of view, they did not get explicit consent.

I certainly don't contest the biblical reference, what I don't get is what it has to do with the green party.

9. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Apparently Counter has lost his mind, is trying to get banned or has just had a bad day.

exchemist likes this.
  10. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

I was wondering that too. This follows closely on another of Counter's threads that Tiassa just sent to the Cesspool.

I've reported this, though I'm kind of curious* to hear Counter's rationale for his choice of the title before it gets locked.

*not holding my breath though

11. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat ― We all know the outcome so ...

... sure, we can afford a little time to see where this goes. I think.

I don't know. Maybe this is some new #AlternativeAlt thing, some manner of marking territory by pissing up keywords all over the place.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

By the way ...

Can anyone else see Latin Modern Sans? I would really like to replace Arial, inasmuch as possible. And, you know, who knows, maybe we can all agree on a few fonts to download; I would love to see Courier New generally replaced with Latin Modern Mono (see "Inquiry: Font/Typeface"↗), but nearly everyone I know runs their system with the preset font scheme. No wonder "Fonts, fonts, fonts!" is the latest thing in website design. (Also, the whole Latin Modern↱ typeset starts with rendering math online, though I prefer Century Schoolbook to Latin Modern Roman, which in turn is too delicate for, say, message board posting or blogging.)

13. C C Consular Corps - "the backbone of diplomacy" Valued Senior Member

In addition to having once been a candidate, Peter Singer is claimed by a source or two to have been a founding member of the Green party in Victoria, that belongs to the federation of Australian Greens. His so-called endorsements of bestiality are so weak that they could be interpreted as either for or against.[1]

Even if such was the case, I don't know to what extent Singer's views would represent the Greens' political inclinations. Placing emphasis on it and the degree of his influence in articles like The Greens’ Agenda, in Their Own Words appears to be pejorative legerdemain.[2]

- - - - - - - - - -

[1] PETER SINGER: Otto Soyka published a fiery little volume called "Beyond the Boundary of Morals". Never widely known, and now entirely forgotten, it was a polemic directed against the prohibition of "unnatural" sex like bestiality, homosexuality, fetishism and other non-reproductive acts. Soyka saw these prohibitions as futile and misguided attempts to limit the inexhaustible variety of human sexual desire. Only bestiality, he argued, should be illegal, and even then, only in so far as it shows cruelty towards an animal. Soyka's suggestion indicates one good reason why some of the acts described in Dekkers book are clearly wrong, and should remain crimes. Some men use hens as a sexual object, inserting their penis into the cloaca, an all-purpose channel for wastes and for the passage of the egg. This is usually fatal to the hen, and in some cases she will be deliberately decapitated just before ejaculation in order to intensify the convulsions of its sphincter. This is cruelty, clear and simple. --Heavy Petting

- - - - - - - - - -

[2] KEVIN ANDREWS: According to the Greens’ ideology, human dignity is neither inherent nor absolute, but relative. Humans are only one species amongst others. As Brown and Singer write: “We hold that the dominant ethic is indefensible because it focuses only on human beings and on human beings who are living now, leaving out the interests of others who are not of our species, or not of our generation.” Elsewhere, they equate humans with animals:

"The revolutionary element in Green ethics is its challenge to us to see ourselves in universal terms … I must take into account the interests of others, on the same footing as my own. This is true, whether these others are Victorians or Queenslanders, Australians or Rwandans, or even the nonhuman animals whose habitat is destroyed when a forest is destroyed."

What is revolutionary about this statement is not that the interests of another should be considered in an ethical judgment. Judeo-Christian belief extols consideration of others, as does Kant’s Golden Rule. Burke wrote of society being a compact across generations. What is revolutionary is the equation of humans and animals.

Peter Singer expands these notions in his other works on animal liberation. He charges that humans are guilty of “speciesism”, that is, preferring their own species over all others. It leads him to argue in favour of infanticide and doctor-assisted suicide on one hand; and bestiality on the other, provided there is mutual consent!

Peter Singer’s influence is evident in the Greens’ ideology. The author of a series of books, including Animal Liberation, Singer not only co-authored the Greens’ manifesto with Bob Brown, but stood as a candidate for the party in the Kooyong in 1994, and subsequently as a Senate candidate.
    --The ideological drive behind the Greens

14. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Guess he is in favour of Tree Huggers as long as the tree consents

Also puts a spin on hardwood

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sideshowbob likes this.
  15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

I did not know that

16. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

It's nice to be on the same side of the fence as God.

17. exchemist Valued Senior Member

18. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Mediacom TV---------at least 5 "religious" channels. Upon occasion, I have watched a few minutes of some of them.
    From the little i've seen, it seems that when the televangelists pray, they knit their brows and scrunch up their faces to pinch their eyes tightly shut.
    Curious that---------------it would seem that praying is painful for them.

So, does my very limited perspective accurately represent the whole set of televangelists?

19. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Two points

Didn't one of the popes wear glasses?

No idea which one as they all look the same in uniform

Second point

If god condemns televangelists why does he make some of them rich?

20. sculptor Valued Senior Member

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Love it

Was there a version about a Rolex or was that a separate tune?

22. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Not to my knowledge.
    I have a joke about a bmw, and a rolex.
    Wanna read it?

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.