God does exist.

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Daiel Hegarty, Sep 28, 2002.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

muscleman

There is no evidence gods exist. There is also no evidence gods don't exist. Atheists conclude gods don't exist because there is no supporting evidence, one way or another. And since there is no evidence either way, atheists need not think about the concept of gods. In other words, gods are unnecessary. Therefore, they don't need to provide proof that gods don't exist. With that in mind, they pursue other avenues of study in order to make sense of their reality.

Theists, on the other hand, claim gods exist therefore, the burden of proof rests with them. They must provide evidence to support their claims. So far, they have not done that.

DONT DEBATE ME IF YOUR A COWARD, IM LOOKING FOR GOOD ARGUMENTS, ANYONE DARES TAKE THE CHALLENGE? OR IS EVERY ATHEIST HERE A COWARD?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Aren't you being rather over-dramatic ? You 'muscled' in with your rant, "God is proven," yet made no mention of proof or anything resembling proof. Most of what you bleated was nonsense.

As far as I can see, you have no argument.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You need to learn that statemenst like "Lot's of smart people are Christian!" mean about zero in a real debate. Same with "Universities were founded by Christians" - (not to mention every member of America at one point was a Christian, so you'd think this is the only option, eh?).

Anyway, I am not here to disprove god. That is impossible. The word 'god' to most people means a being which is removed from every law or physical fact we know. So disproving his existence is impossible.

Of course, you have not shown any proof that god exists. All you have said is that since there is no other option you see as fitting, he must exist. Like I showed, that has proven to be a ridiculously stupid assumption time and time again. Unfortunatly, I am pretty certain you are too dumb to recognize this, so arguing you is futile. You will find few responses at sciforums solely because we have seen your kind come and go. They will never learn, never change opinion and come in with the opinion that there is no way they are wrong. All your generalizations and idiotic arguings against points that no one here has made make you about a bit above common thug on the list of people I respect.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2002
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Think like a normal human being and face the fact, violence, crime, stealing, and cheating is part of human nature even Christianity knows that very well, you atheist children need to grow up and learn"

You make so many assumptions it is disgusting. Atheists, and humans period, have known this for a very, very long time. In fact, you will soon find every single atheist here has stated this as fact in multiple threads. Of course, you don't care to actually wait for someone to voice an opinion before you generalize every atheist as something, do you?

"Just because a grounded daughter learned to escape from her room through her window and one day intentionally beat up another girl, it doesn’t mean her father is evil because she is practicing her freewill, nevertheless it doesn’t mean her father is a myth either. Stupid atheist, why do you blame the cat if the dog chewed your homework? Why do you blame the rain if the sun gave you skin cancer? Why do you blame God if your neighbor is a bigot and killed your dog? Why do you say God is a myth because people who are Christians are sinners? Atheist claim to be intelligent, but the truth really is they are liars and need to grow up."

I suggest you type "logic" into google and learn a bit before trying to debate. It will truly help you. Not one atheist here has argued that since Christians have been assholes over their reign the Christian God can't exist. Many do indeed believe this, but I have yet to see one on sciforums and intelligent atheists or theists have no respect for these people. You know what, I may have been wrong. You are definetly a step below common thug.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Yeah! Let's fight with Hindus!

Thanks Avatar.

I just feel like bragging today, but my 11 year old sister has recently made her athiesm clear.

8. muscleman Banned Banned

You atheist people need to wake up, i dont know if your brain functions right, not that Im calling you names, but like i was saying God is proven and the evidence is aforementioned, it went through one ear and passes the other...U know what, maybe your teaching sounds better and you might listen to it more likely than scientific fact which proves your belief "chance" as a lie, lets read your theory I call "The delusionallost kids theory" just to kinda...umm remind you of where you are......This is your belief concerning life on earth.

There was void, nothing, & we came from nowhere like mathematics "-we r,-1234567890=1234567890 (So if your a teen & mom caught you holding 3 bottles of beer, just tell her “be quite mom, the 3 bottles of beer came out of nowhere, it was –123=123, formula E=MC2, LOL”). Then accidentally, a cell appeared! Don’t know how but I think the hurricane, lightning, & earthquake did it by "LUCK" (Physics). Then the single cell survived like a barbarian & "accidentally & luckily" got bigger. But this didn’t happen in one single step, but through random luck/chance (Super Extra Luck). The nucleus was luckily made first, this guy u wont believe it, he was very strong & was waiting until Mr. cytoplasm appeared. Then later on mitochondria accidentally appeared, he then said to cytoplasm & nucleus "sorry guys it took me 100,000,000,000,000,000 yrs to exist, its just that Mr. earthquake didn’t shake me right at first but it doesn’t matter, I accidentally appeared now, thanks for waiting guys", then ribosome accidentally appeared, then thousands & thousands of other parts accidentally appeared to join the rest of the crew until it became a fully develop cell. Men u wouldn’t believe it but for some weird reasons the first parts were mysteriously strong & survived on their own for millions of years w/out any help until the rest of the parts appeared to become a fully developed cell. Mr. Nucleus because he was waiting so long, he was mad at the lightning & wind saying "Punks, why did u guys make me wait this long! Damn it lightning, create Mr. cytoplasm quicker next time ok!" this cell was very strong, strong enough to survive alone & replicate itself until it became trillions & trillions & turned into a fish!! This cell is over trillions years old waiting all those time for the rest of the body parts to appear! If I were u, I wouldn’t mess around with this cell, I bet 100 bucks it could knock out Mike Tyson in 3 rounds. This fish then became land mammals, then dinosaurs, then here we are today zillions of zillions of years later, we are all accidents. (In this case, u can put a raisin outside & millions of yrs from now that sun dried grape will turn into dinosaurs, fishes, birds, etc., thanks to the simple laws of physics, LOL). There’s only one choice left, God. Accept God or you’ll share this theory, the "Delusionallostkids Theory".

As a true Christian, we agree of any theories supported with evidence, from evolution to the big bang. Its common sense, existing creatures evolve over time depending on environment, weather & food supply. Lesser food intake leads to smaller life form, more leads to bigger life form. Its common sense, you don’t need to b an expert to figure that out, we evolve from conception to adulthood, as caterpillars to butterflies. Big Bang, law of Newton, math, science, history, and physics are good education, they are taught in Christian college

SO YOU GUYS ADMIT TO BACKING OUT A DEBATE OFFER FROM A CHRISTIAN, I APPRECIATE YOUR ADMITTANCE OF LOSE

9. Xev Registered Senior Member

Muscleman:

Use proper English grammer, spelling, and punctuation and I will debate you.

Since this is not going to happen, and since I am not a masochist, I bow out of debating you.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

exact names and examples

Religion was before science- When man first saw something he couldn' t explain- religion was born.

are you really so arrogant you think christianity equals religion?
    there are many many religions thousands of years older than christianity
    (hinduism, all forms of paganism, judaism, zaroastrism, amonism, etc)

it created these gunfire shots- at least many of them
    (crusades, all holy wars, turning pagans to christianity, etc, etc)

doesn't matter

then why do we need religion?

consciense is just a prodduct of our motrality and ethics- nothing more

and...?

therefore you could strike this argument out, because it makes no value in your argument. All numbers destroy each other

what are you talking about?

religion is not your answer. I like to dress black leather, gothic and metal- nobody has ever or I have ever attacked smone of that.

you're an idiot

this is trash

even in 50s you couldn't say you weren't christian aloud in the western world

I am smart and I can prove it to myself and other people that can think
    you are mad
    Bush is the insanest person of all around- he's so mad he could even contest with you

NOBODY here is a coward- all simply think that you are a stupid, arrogant, little christian that makes ZERO sense and is very unproductive to talk to.
    get it? please try to get it.......please
    maybe try forums at- www.beliefnet.com

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"You atheist people need to wake up, i dont know if your brain functions right, not that Im calling you names, but like i was saying God is proven and the evidence is aforementioned, it went through one ear and passes the other..."

What proof? Here is what you have said:

- THERE IS NO WAY TO ExPLAIN THE BEGINNING OF THE UNIVERSE WITH COMPLETE PROOF NOT USING GOD
    - THERE IS NO WAY TO DISPROVE GOD
    - THEREFORE, GOD EXISTS

You have to learn, this is not a logical conclusion. I can just as easily say:

- THERE IS NO WAY TO ExPLAIN THE BEGINNING OF THE UNIVERSE WITH COMPLETE PROOF
    - THERE IS NO WAY TO DISPROVE A GIANT PURPLE SQUID MONKEY STARTED IT
    - THEREFORE, MY GIANT PURPLSE SQUID MONKEY STARTED IT

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

laughs through tears

13. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

muscleman

God is proven and the evidence is aforementioned

Where ? All I've read from you so far is complete drivel. Ranting at best. You've got excellent troll potential.

There’s only one choice left, God.

Even the most irrational of minds does not limit only one choice.

SO YOU GUYS ADMIT TO BACKING OUT A DEBATE OFFER FROM A CHRISTIAN, I APPRECIATE YOUR ADMITTANCE OF LOSE

What is YOUR definition of debate. It appears to be very different from ours which btw, does not include ranting.

14. GB-GIL Trans-global Senator Evilcheese, D-Iraq Registered Senior Member

My religion teaches that a giant purple squid monkey created the universe, and it's the only true religion!

Believe it now or the giant purple squid monkey will make you listen to stand-up comedy for all eternity!

15. muscleman Banned Banned

poor little children not taught about logics of God and morality

Who is talking about a purple monkey? or a toothfairy? or batman? or robin? who? LOL.A claim can b proven fake by lack of evidence. What evidence do u have of purple monkey or tooth fairy? How many eyewitnesses? Millions? If tooth fairies plucked out a teeth, is there any scientific investigation done to it? If so can u show it? How many testified of purple monkey? Show me healing, supernatural/miracles documented in the name of tooth fairy. How many died for tooth fairy to verify its value? Thousands? Is there a Historical location of purple monkey? If so, where? Give up? Well tooth fairy because of its lack of evidence is fake. Period...

Since some atheist (like you) are cone heads and stubborn, ill repeat the evidence of God once more. God exist because the universe exists. If intelligent cause doesn’t exist, then the effect (detailed life) doesn’t exist (the principle of causality) but because detailed life forms exist, then the intelligent cause exist (God); every complex and detailed form is an effect of intelligent cause (as observed and studied), from mechanical to biological. Reality triumphs over Lies, Fact triumphs over Opinion…

At this point, some atheist will be so desperate and would say “Intelligence is an idea of human concept, if you were to take it out of human concept, then there must be infinite numbers of Gods who perform creation of the universe, and there is no evidence that human life existed then.” This is a ridiculous argument, an out of topic, nobody is talking about God’s lifespan, mortality, or his personal taste, what’s the next question atheist will post? That God is vegetarian and prefers Calvin Klein underwear? The topic above is intelligence, which is proven, how did you expect a mortal intelligence could create the universe? Earth is 15 billion years old; use your brain if you have one, no mortals can live that long? God is immortal. You make a claim of “chance” and I proved your claim false by observation & study; I make a claim of “Intelligence” (God), why don’t you try to prove “intelligence” false instead of maneuvering and changing topic? I know why you wont try, because you cant! Fact is intelligence is proven. This proves a pretty thick slice of God: some designing intelligence great enough to account for all the design in the universe & the human mind. If that’s not God, what is it? Steven Spielberg? At this point we need a psychological explanation of the atheist rather than a logical explanation of the universe. We have a logical explanation of the universe, its called God. But atheist doesn’t like it because they can’t handle the truth.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

4 billion actually

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"A claim can b proven fake by lack of evidence."

Six hundred years ago there was no evidence the Earth revolved around the Sun. Therefore it was false, right?

You state that if there is no evidence for a theory, it MUST be false.

There was NO evidence of Earth revolving around Sun that we knew of at that point in time.
    Therefore, at that point in time, by your "logic", it was false.

18. muscleman Banned Banned

LOL, I hope Im not giving pearls to swines but heres another proof of God

The first lie form to evolve on earth is “cell”. What created the first life form? Ask yourself that question. We have an explanation, we call it God. If I make such claim, do I have proof that indeed it was God (All knowing: alpha & omega) that created the first life form? Yes I do. The proof is this. Every complex and detailed form is an effect of intelligent cause (as observed and studied), from biological to technological. Don’t say, "Well if the waves of water formed/shaped the sands differently, it doesn’t mean the waves of water have intelligence", stupid, Waves of water can move sands, but it cannot move sands to form into detailed sandcastles, maybe in trillions and trillions of years, but this is not proven, it is proven however that intelligence can make such act possible. I’m talking about detailed complex existence. Detailed cars, spaceship, computers, etc. can be designed by human intelligence, cell cant. The complex and detailed life form’s existence (cell) requires intelligence far greater than human intelligence, as scientist in their failure have proven so. Again, as biochemists will say, to clone an existing cell is possible, to demonstrate the existence of a "cell" is impossible.

"In the beggining was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God: He (The Word) was in the beginning with God. All things came to be through the Word (Him) & without the Word nothing came to be. What came to be through the Word was life (Him), & the life was the light of man."- John
    "Now the earth was a formless void, there was darkness over the deep, & the Spirit of God (Word) hovered over the waters. God said, 'Let there be light’, & there was light, etc."- Genesis.
    The lesson here is that intelligence and knowledge was first (Word), then water & light, and then finally LIFE. This is as close to scientific method as it can get. Intelligent act caused the water & light 2 transform (energy source) into a life form. That’s logic as intelligent engineers caused engineering, intelligent scientist caused science, intelligent atheist caused atheism, intelligent designers caused designs, intelligent artist caused art. Intelligent Lifegiver caused life...

19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Allow me to retort:

You have basically said - there is no explination for life's beginning, therefore god is the answer. That is not logic. Again I urge you to search google and learn the concept of "logic" before trying to argue any further.

By the way, can we get one of our respectable Christians in here to show this guy the ropes?

20. Xev Registered Senior Member

Your proof of God makes about as much sense as listening to Britany Spears explain the Will to Power while on PCP.

Does it now? Not very good at living up to that ideal, are y'all?

Why? So I can be a slave to my posessions and values like you are? No thanks.

Here is a game, identify the Christian:

Albert Einstien, Giordano Bruno, Albert Camus, Friedrich Nietzsche, Carl Sagan, Voltaire, Lucretius, Epicurus, Socrates, Adolf Hitler, Thomas Paine, Benjamin Franklin, Charles Darwin, George Washington, Epicetus.

And the answer is - bling bling bling! - Adolf Hitler!

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

This is sick. None of us would ever fuck you.

I believe he has been inhaling Elmers while smoking crack, and this post is the result.

For edification:
    http://www.atheists.org/flash.line/atheism1.htm

21. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

More games: Identify the religion of the following:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

"We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out. "

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

ill repeat the evidence of God once more. God exist because the universe exists.

We have a logical explanation of the universe, its called God. But atheist doesn’t like it because they can’t handle the truth.

I've just spewed spaghetti sauce all over my laptop due to uncontrollable laughter. I also have a bump on my head from falling over backwards due to uncontrollable laughter.

I haven't laughed that hard since truthseeker left. Thanks. It was worth it.

You're definitely one funny guy.