God doesn't exist or it is prideful

Discussion in 'Religion' started by jayleew, Jul 5, 2014.

1. jayleew Who Cares Valued Senior Member

Why doesn't God visit us? It says to have faith.

How is it logical to place faith in any word. "Trust me" God says.

How can we or should we trust? What has it done to prove itself? The sacrifice of its son? Wait that requires trust in the first place that God is real.

I digress.

Let's say I told you that God is not real and asked you to trust me. Or better yet let me tell other people and write it in letters to you asking to trust me? How is that effective? What if I told you my friends to tell you that I love you or write a letter to you. Shouldn't that be better left said in person?

What keeps God from visiting us? Because it feels it doesn't have to because it already wrote the letters and left the signs? How he really cares enough to send the very best. Heck at this point a Hallmark card would be something.

So what is it that keeps God from visiting in corporeal form?

I told me daughter the other day that she can go to get dance recital alone because I have to work but I'd be there in spirit. What kind of message is that and what is it different if I actually made it?

Why do Christians settle with the spirit? I know it had value but if I never went to any recitals what does that mean?

Would I be a bad father? Why isn't my good wishes enough for her. Or how about I send a friend with her who can tell her all day how much I love her and would love to be there. How would she feel. Surely God knows what it's doing if it's God.

It seems arrogant or prideful to make a choice to not be there when someone needs you.

What's going to happen with my daughter? Well she's going to become independent and learn to live with it or simply find she doesn't need it because my love was never real.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

This is the core issue with theism imo. If there IS a god, where the hell is he? ? Who has seen this being? Who has heard his voice? Nobody. All of religion thus becomes an elaborate system of excuses why God never makes his existence experiencable. Why he is not perceivable like a simple chair or a tree? There are conditions. You have to have faith. As if the mere knowledge of an entity's existence would even REQUIRE faith! Why? How can you have faith in someone who never manifests himself as existent? Why should you trust a being who always hides himself?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

It's hiding behind its Mommie's skirt.

fogpipe likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Enoc Registered Senior Member

Religion has no basis in reality.

Religion was invented in order to help people deal with the cruel things that happen to good people in this world.

We live in a sad and cruel world where good people suffer and where people are dying whether from hunger, poverty, old age or by natural or man-made accidents.

Religion helps people cope with the cruel things that are happening to them or to their loved ones.

Religion is just a coping mechanism, that is all.

8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

We kill him every time he comes around. Jesus was passive FYI. That's the only way he doesn't have his father strike down his ignorant accusers versus going up on a cross. Passive logic says its most blissful not to fit back or resist evil. All he can do is keep being a righteous passive martyr until everyone realizes the things they need to realize to keep hope and salvation alive and happy in all of us.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  9. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Knowledge let the gates of hell lose, to teach us just how much we love one another. Knowledge fucked with nature to confuse our reality and test us to see what we are like with out a observable higher power.

10. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

How do you know God doesn't visit you?

One does not choose to have real faith in anything,, it is a natural default which kicks in at exact moments.

You act as though God is separate from you, as if you exist independently, why you ask in this manner. This is the definition of atheistic. There is no answer, at this moment in time, that anyone can satisfy you with.
    I suggest you accept your atheism/agnosticism, and just live happily, if you can.
    Maybe the reality of what and who God is may naturally strike a chord with you. But right now you seem to be trying to convince yourself God does not exist.

Everything is effective, it would depend on my state of mind how it would effect me.

Maybe,maybe not. It depends on circumstances. It shouldn't stop the flow of love.

We are in God, and God is in us.

The ability which made Hallmark cards is due to God. If you don't get that, that is why you are stuck with this never ending cycle of questions.

Again, how do you know He doesn't?

You're daughter may perform nicely under the feeling of being truly loved, or she may reject that love because of some influence and perform terribly. Someone else may come from a wretched background where they have never recieved love from the people in their lives and perform nicely for different reasons. It is ridiculously complicated, and not worth the time.

Regarding the questions about God, it all starts and ends with you.

Accept God, or not. It's your choice.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

jan.

11. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Your daughter doesn't need you to actually go to her recital because you are in her all the time and she is in you.

Now that you understand this you'll understand that you never need to see your daughter again nor she you. Just accept this and it will all be better soon.

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

The christian god is the epitome of selfish narcissistic pride.

13. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Haha...this brings up an interesting thought. Today, when some natural disaster occurs the nutjobs say something like "God made hurricane Katrina to punish all the homosexuals in New Orleans".

When you think of it, those same nutjob of yore are the ones who wrote the Bible and are reflected in the description of Sodom and Gomorrah being wiped out or the Tower of Babble, etc.

It lessens the "holiness" of the Bible to consider that the Jerry Falwell's of the day were the authors

15. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

That reminds me of disasters which kill many people & the surviving minority credits god with rescuing them yet says nothing of god causing or allowing the disaster.
    I have the impression that Jerry Falwell's version would be even worse.

16. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Yes, people are selective. They remember it when they are thinking of someone and that person suddenly calls them on the phone.

They don't consider all the times that they think of people and the phone doesn't ring

I've learned that people who believe in miracles see them everywhere

17. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Comes from seeing the world thru godglasses.

18. Seattle Valued Senior Member

The other word for "miracle" is "coincident"

19. Swagkill14 Registered Member

20. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Going by the HolyBabble, god is not that bright. No, it's really not hard, for many people, to talk to themselves & childishly pretend.
    I cannot choose to believe in something I do not know exists. YOU cant prove that Donald Duck doesn't exist.. Am i right?
    SO what about a collection of ancient scribblings by stupid scared superstitious savages, compiled & edited & reedited & reedited by power hungry jerks. Do you actually think that is evidence of anything or that it was seriously written by an omnipotent omniscient intelligent wise sane grown up god.
    Without god, I will go to Never Never Land when I die. Whatever happens to dead bodies underground is completely irrevelant.
    You need to exercise your imagination. What you can or cannot imagine & what you feel is horrible just does not determine reality in the least.
    When you believe, you do not know. You pretend to know.
    I know how people could choose to believe. I do get it. Maybe someday you will.
    I just wish more people were not cruelly indoctrinated into ignorant idiocy when they are too young to think clearly. I just wish more people could think logicly. I wish critical reasoning was taught in elementary school. I wish you could take off your godglasses & face reality. But wishing doesn't do any more good than believing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  21. billvon Valued Senior Member

But then God made rainbows, so he must love gays. And come to think of it, God created erectile dysfunction to punish old white guys for their sins . . .

22. Swagkill14 Registered Member

23. Swagkill14 Registered Member

God made the rainbow as a promise to never destroy the world with a flood again..

I may only be 14 but I know things.