God loves us ALL

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Dec 31, 1999.

1. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Flash -

Tell me about it, I just got through 'rumbling' with her about semantics. I just couldn't sit here and read all her posts without commenting, at least a little. I'm on your side, Flash! We might not believe the exact same things, but at least we can get along without bombing eachother with non-responsive posts. (Hint, hint, truestory)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Lori Registered Senior Member

Your sincere repentance, I believe Flash. And don't play around with His name, please. I know you're trying to be funny, but it's not funny to me.

------------------
    "Go Jesus, go! Go Jesus, go!"

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. truestory Registered Senior Member

Now that very day two of them were going to a village seven miles from Jeusalem called Emmaus and they were conversing about all the things that had occurred. And it happened that while they were conversing and debating, Jesus himself drew near and walked with them. He asked them, "What are you discussing as you walk along?" They stopped, looking downcast. One of them, name Cleopas, said to him in reply, "Are you the only visitor to Jerusalem who does not know of the things that have taken place there in these days?" And he replied to them, "What sort of things?" They said to him, "The things that happened to Jesus the Nazarene, who was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people, how our chief priests and rulers both handed him over to a sentence of death and crucified him. But we were hoping that he would be the one to redeem Israel; and besides all this, it is now the third day since this took place. Some women from our group, however, have astounded us: they were at the tomb early in the morning and did not find his body; they came back and reported that they had indeed seen a vision of angels who announced that he was alive. Then some of us went to the tomb and found things just as the women had described, but him they did not see.

And he said to them, "Oh, how foolish you are! How slow of heart to believe all that the prophets spoke! Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and enter into his glory?"

Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them what referred to him in all the scriptures. As they approached the village to which they were going, he gave the impression that he was going on farther. But they urged him, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening and the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them. And it happened that, while he was with them at the table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them. With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight. Then they said to each other, "Were not our hearts burning while he spoke to us on the way and opened the scriptures to us?" So they set out at once and returned to Jerusalem where they found gathered together the eleven and those with them who were saying, "The Lord has truly been raised and has appeared to Simon!" Then the two recounted what had taken place on the way and how he was made known to them in the breaking of the bread. Luke 24:13-35

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 04, 2000).]

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Flash Registered Senior Member

Skye,
    I hear ya buddy

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I know..it is very hard to just sit there. ugh!

Lori,
    Look..I apologize ...I was just desperate to shut her up..and that is the only way I could think of to do it... Obviously it didn't work.

8. Flash Registered Senior Member

Well folks..I'm outta here...have to go to work now... So..ummm.. TS, there is no need to keep all this crapola up..

Skye,
    She's all yours!! LOL

9. truestory Registered Senior Member

While they were still speaking about this, he stood in their midst and said to them, "Peace be with you." But they were startled and terrified and thought that they were seeing a ghost. Then he said to them, "Why are you troubled? And why do questions arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me and see, because a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you can see I have." And as he said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. While they were still incredulous for joy and were amazed, he asked them, "Have you anything here to eat?" They gave him a piece of baked fish; he took it and ate it in front of them.

He said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the law of Moses and in the prophets and psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures. And he said to them, "Thus it is written that the Messiah would suffer and rise from the dead on the third day and that repentance, for the forgiveness of sins, would be preached in his name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witness of these things. And [behold] I am sending the promise of my Father upon you; but stay in the city until you are clothed with power on high." Luke 24;36-49

10. truestory Registered Senior Member

Then he led them [out] as far as Bethany, raised his hands, and blessed them. As he blessed them he parted from them and was taken up into heaven. They did him homage and then returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and they were continually in the temple praising God. Luke 24:50-53

11. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

Flash -

No thanks, you keep her. I have no need for a bible thumper, I am short on closet space as it is.

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

Skye,

Hah! Try getting rid of a few of your brooms!

13. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Okay ... this is just getting funny.

Flash ... humbly submitted for your consideration:

You have no obligations to be patient at all. It seems to me much like the idea that anyone who uses profanity is giving license to all to ignore their words.

I've made assertions in the past that people often treat religion as a license to abuse humanity. Here I think we're starting to see a prime example. Try putting a hotbed political issue in, as a placebo, and the formula becomes visible at the least. Consider prayer in schools: Sure, we know the value of "prayer", strictly as a word; it might even have a proper place in the schools. But the fight becomes whose prayer to say. While the liberals in the US said, as much, attempting to express an acceptance of that value of prayer, conservatism took the stance that they were endowed by the God of Christ in a Christian nation, and pressed unrelentingly forward. So that it's possible to back down compassionately if one perceives the battle--as such--as having been reduced to mere attrition. But the contemporary evangelical philosophy among American Christians seems to reflect the need to be the last man standing, so to speak.

In other words, I think there comes a point where the infidels cannot communicate with the Christians; in these instances, it seems the problem usually involves the latter party covering their ears and yelling "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam" while hopping up and down and closing their eyes. This is only my observations, of course, but modern culture provides a plethora of examples.

For instance, the Christian pop star Carman once asserted that one cannot find Jesus in whatever form strikes their passion. There was one Jesus, one God, and one Way. Of course, when challenged whether HIS "one way" version of God was the "true way", the best response anyone inside the ministries could give was that Satan's questions deserved no regard.

Y'know, True once insisted that she was separated from the mainstream church idea that creates so many dubious notions regarding Christianity. If I might humbly propose ... let her go on being a billboard for the very thing she fears. It's like any cheap ministry on the street that likes to drop their Bible cartoons or threats of hellfire in bookstores, phone booths, and so forth. I once burned several Chick Ministries cartoons, including the "I stuck myself with a needle yesterday, and I'm going to die of AIDS in two weeks" crap, and mailed the ashes back to the ministry; after that, I felt much better. But I doubt it made a difference, because they're still out there like thieves in the night, leaving footprints to testify to a cause for which the adherent fears reprisal. Cowardice, apathy, and, in some cases ignorance, motivate these movements to consider themselves heroic in God's eyes, a condition contradictory to their salvation.

Okay ... I've gone on too long.

But my sum total to offer ... one cannot argue with this kind of self-serving arrogance. Certes, there are Christians who follow their God to propriety, but I'm starting to think that the reason we don't hear from them is that not hearing from them is the point--they keep it 'twixt themselves and God.

Skye--you could start a new philosophy. Go ahead and clean the brooms out, and then plant them as a tree bearing Truth as the Fruit of Its Loom.

Or something like that.

Bible-thumper--is that something like a door-stop? Or is it when you prop the laundry dryer on the Bible to make it stop thumping?

thanx,
    Tiassa

------------------
    The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General at the Expense of the Particular .... (Perdurabo; The Book of Lies)

14. Lori Registered Senior Member

This is wierd. Really wierd. Don't worry though TS, I'M ON YOUR SIDE. We are all on the same side, we all just don't realize there even ARE sides. I did the same thing to Flash when I finally figured out for sure what was going on with her. I prayed at her as if she were possessed or something. It just scared the poop (I really, really don't like not cussing BTW) out of me bad. It was when they launched a counter-attack against the word of God that I was trying my best to explain to her. The last time I had heard from her, I had given her a prayer of salvation to pray to Jesus, and just gave her some pointers on how to pray (like I'm an expert or something), since it's not easy to do. I was very optimistic that we had gotten through all of that holier than thou oppression that she had been subjected to, and she was really open to learn about Jesus, and give Him an honest chance. I was very happy. The next message I received from her was a message that she forwarded to me from someone we call the phantom. I don't know that you will remember him, he posted out here a few times a long while ago. Well, this guy's into channeling and astral projection, and he's the one who's flying around visiting the Dalai Lama and John Lennon and who knows. He basically lives his entire life just "following his messengers" where ever they take him. He gets messages all the time, like almost constantly it seems. Well, I guess he got a message about me and Flash cause he sent her this big long e-mail about "christ consciousness" and all of this new age BS. And then she added that she hadn't had time to pray because the "spirit o' crap" had ramped up their efforts, and were visiting much more often now all of a sudden. I ABOUT F'ING FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR. I got so scared, at the thought that yes, this is really happening, we are actually sitting here like pawns in a deadly game of spiritual warfare. It was so in my face that it really just freaked me out. But TS, IT IS ALREADY DONE. That is the message that I keep getting regarding her when I pray about it. I know that means that when the time comes, she will know. I think that she will be a martyr, but I'm not gonna stop trying to get her to understand til I'm gone to Jesus.

Sorry to talk about you like you're not here Flash. I know what TS is feeling; it's not fun. It's like watching from a distance, a good friend walking down some railroad tracks, and you see a train coming up behind her. You try to call to her, but she's facing the other direction, and she's got her walkman blasting in her ears and can't hear anything. And you're screaming and screaming and warning and warning, and you know that if she doesn't turn around and look pretty soon, she's going to die. That's what it's like Flash. That's what it's like Tiassa, so you can just kiss my behind with your hateful and condescending BS. What the bleep would you do if your friend was going to get plowed by a bleeping train?! And oh please, that was a bleeping rhetorical question already!

------------------

I finally get to be the cheerleader that I always wanted to be but could not, as I was not a fluff chick.

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Lori,

Thanks. Yes, we are all in this together and, like it or not, Jesus Christ is on everybody's side!!!

Ironic how we all see this differently though. Flash gets angry. Flash doesn't want me posting to her anymore. I see that her spirit is still there, though, so I ask God what should be done. I get the message from God to just spread the Word.

Since the Word of God has been twisted so much and presented in such a negative way on this board lately, I was very grateful for that advice and decided to simply post the Word of God in a straight-forward and positive manner.

The posts were not addressed to Flash... the posts were not addressed to anyone. They were simply put out there for anyone who cared to read them... If Flash or anyone else wanted to read them, then fine, if they didn't, then that would have been fine too, I'm sure.

There were fourteen such posts out there in this thread, not addressed to anyone in particular. Now, Flash, who vehemently insisted that she did not want to hear anymore from me, continued to come back, repeatedly, to see what I had posted. She saw the Word of God, not even addressed to her and went berserk. Among other things, such as profanities, attempts at threats and trying to "buy" the Word of God off (like the devil tried to buy-off Jesus Christ) she spewed her tiassa-like/anti-Christ trip, trying to "revoke my license to speak" the Word of God.

As if the license of the anti-Christ movement to spew vile hatred at the generalization of anything "Christian" somehow abolishes the license to freely spread the Word of God... As if I REALLY want to hear the hate messages. As if spreading the Word of God is a crime.

In addition to finding this whole situation to be weird, like you do, I also find it to be sad... very sad... that some people would so hate the most loving Jesus Christ to the point of not even being able to tolerate seeing the printed Word. That they would lie to themselves and others about their supposed open-mindedness and about their blatant bigotry with respect to Christians and Christianity... Always pointing the finger at Christians. Based on my experience on this board, there should be a clarification of that open-mindedness-mind-set... "open-mindedness to anything non-Christian (and in some cases, non-Christian and non-Satanic)".

Flash's spewing of the pea soup and head-spinning like a demonically possessed child, Skye's jumping into the thread to take a "side" which as far as I was concerned didn't even exist at the time (don't you find it strange, how Skye could identify that my posts were not in response to Flash but, yet, she felt the need to take a "side"?) and tiassa's relentless and contemptuous Christian-bashing all stem from the same movement. The same movement which all of them have declared in their other words and actions and which most deny when it is put forth for what it truly is... ANTI-CHRIST. They fear the truth of their own beliefs and, in some cases, their explicitly stated motivations. They are right in their desire to deny the truth in this case because they should be afraid of themselves.

I do not fear the anti-Christ movement or its followers. "It" and "they" cannot harm me. However, like you, I am truly concerned for your good friend Flash and others who have bought into the movement thus far and who are allowing it to consume them. I realize that you might think that it's a done deal for some, however, I have been told that it is in fact, not a done deal... My most reliable source, God, came to me and specifically called me to spread the Word, because it's not too late... because all things can be forgiven... because all good things will come, through the Son, Jesus Christ.

May the peace of the Lord, Jesus Christ, be with all of us!!!

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 04, 2000).]

16. Searcher Registered Senior Member

TS,

I, too, would like to help spread the Word. To start off, I would like to share some of Jesus' more uplifting words:

Luke 14:26 "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Matthew 23:9 "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

Matthew 10:34-36 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

And on the off chance that those heart-warming passages didn't win any souls for the Lord, this one is sure to:

Matthew 19:12 "For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it."

Anyone?

------------------
    www.indigenousrocks.com

17. truestory Registered Senior Member

Searcher,

Hopefully, I can help.

The above comes from a collection of "Sayings on Discipleship" mostly peculiar to Luke. These sayings focus on the total dedication necessary for the disciple of Jesus. No attachment to family or possessions can stand in the way of the total commitment demanded of the disciple. Also, acceptance of the call to be a disciple demands readiness to accept persecution and suffering and a realistic assessment of the hardships and costs. The disciple's family must take second place to the absolute dedication involved in following Jesus.

This second passage comes from "Denunciation of the Scribes and Pharisees," Matthew 23:1-36. It is important to note that verses 8 through 12 are addressed to the disciples only. This verse, 9, is among those that warn the disciples against the use of various titles. At the time, titles were sometimes given to the Scribes and Pharisees and this was a prohibition of these titles to the disciples. According to Matthew, Jesus forbids the disciples not only titles but the spirit of superiority and pride that is shown by acceptance of titles.

This third excerpt explains that, unfortunately, the teachings of Jesus will cause disagreement and division (thus the sword) even in one's own family. (Now, don't we know THAT to be true!)

This last verse comes from teachings on "Marriage and Divorce." It explains that some men are incapable of marriage because they were born that way, because they were castrated, or because they have voluntarily renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven... those who devote themselves entirely to its service or those who are divorced by their spouses and who refuse to enter into another marriage in this lifetime.

I hope this helps!!!

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 05, 2000).]

18. Flash Registered Senior Member

Skye,
    LOL...I hear ya buddy ...BELIEVE ME.. I hear ya

Wow, TS...hmmmmmmmm... would that be a SLAM
    towards Skye???????? Not from the Jesus like Saint????? No, no, no..I am sure it wasn't...right?????

Tiassa.
    Appreciate your comments here ...

Lori,
    ahhhh...ok, I am REALLY trying to see this from your side...and although it is hard..I know that in all of this you are thinking this out of concern. Have you heard the saying that when a patient is sick it is best to listen to the patient in telling you
    how they feel??? Well, I am telling you my
    dear friensd...I am OK!!!!! Thanks..but I
    KNOW in my heart I'm ok.... soooooo pleae..
    do not worry..alright?

TS,
    I KNOW the post were not addressed to me..however, you cannot deny that out of our
    conversation here on this board...they were
    ALSO sent as attacks toward me...deny it all
    you want...but you KNOW the truth.
    If you say they were not..then why did you stop?????? I responded the way I did to try to get you to stop...had you of done this at a different time a different thread..then I would have not said one single thing to you aobut it.... LIsten, I kept coming back and
    saying the things I said because...well...I always like having the last word..

TS, Please... now you are pointing out Skye and Tissia...all because it appeared that they were on my side?????? I suppose you are going to call out Searcher too...all because the reply she gave...I know you didn't just yet...but I feel it is coming.. Watch out Searcher!!!! Run..run for your life!!! LOL

19. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True'-

"Skye's jumping into the thread to take a "side" which as far as I was concerned didn't even exist at the time (don't you find it strange, how Skye could identify that my posts were not in response to Flash but, yet, she felt the need to take a "side"?) "

Actually Truestory, you were just beginning to get on my nerves - again. And, where ever did you get the idea that I could identify that those posts were not in response to Flash? That's who I assumed you were addressing all that rot towards, that's why I asked her if she wished for a "smite" button instead of addressing you directly. Again, please don't assume things about me, huh? Ask me a direct question if you need to, I think I've proved myself able to answer them myself, without anybody having to make many assumptions about me.

20. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash and Skye,

You have both posed a number of questions for which I will offer answers for the purpose of information.

It is not my intent to "fight" with either of you as individuals:

Flash,

First, I was responding to what I considered to be Skyes's light-hearted joke about me being a "Bible thumper." Perhaps I misunderstood her intention, however, my response was intended to be a light-hearted pun.

Second, the posts on the Word of God which I was lead to, ended up going into the "Passion Narrative" which includes the crucifixion and the "Resurrection Narrative" which ends with the "Ascension." That is where they stopped. At the "Ascension" of Jesus Christ into heaven.

Third, the point I was making to Lori with respect to Skye and tiassa is that, by their words and actions (both in this thread and others) they are encouraging the spirit of the anti-Christ which guides you and participating in the anti-Christ movement.

Skye,

I got the idea that you identified my posts as not being in response to Flash because you called them "nonresponsive".

I hope this information helps both of you.

Skye,

It seems that there was an assumption made... As you stated in your most recent post, you "assumed" that what you call the "rot" was directed at Flash. That leaves me with the impression that you are calling the Word of God "rot" - is that the case?

21. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Thank you for the information.
    I would like to ask one thing though. If your intention is not to "fight" ..then why the heck did you dog me with your new thread.. Anti-christ or Not...?????

22. Lori Registered Senior Member

Flash,

Quit taking it personally. YOU are not the anti-christ, your spirit is the spirit of the anti-christ. This isn't even about you, other than you are being fooled into believing it. Even YOU can't deny that your spirit and your words are ANTI-christ. Aren't they? Oh, why yes they are! Hence the post. There is such a thing you know, identified in the Bible right? The spirit of the antichrist? I'm sure you've heard of it, and chose to ignore it right? Well, you can't ignore it any longer cause it's talking to you. WAKE UP!

------------------

23. Flash Registered Senior Member

Fine then, Lori. So it is..if me saying that makes you happy..then so be it.
    I give up... I 100% give up... I can't keep all this argument crap up anymore... See, the thing is I don't give a flying F.. not
    anymore.. so you will not hear another argument out of me again. Is that better?