God loves us ALL

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by truestory, Dec 31, 1999.

1. truestory Registered Senior Member

Flash,

First, let me say that I will refrain from using the word "possessed" from here on out - because I realize how much it bothers you. There is no way that I could possibly abide by all your requests, however, because to do so would be contradictory to my calling from God. I do not have a problem with you, as an individual, Flash. I truly do love you as a "sister" in the spirit of Jesus Christ.

I do, however, have a problem with the cowardly spirit that guides you. It is called the anti-Christ. It is cowardly, in that it is "hiding" within many people, a number of people on this board included. They can be identified by their words and actions. Some realize it for what it is and embrace it (yet, they have a hard time 'fessing up to the truth, that it is called "anti-Christ"). Others, like yourself, don't even realize what it is that they are actually allowing themselves to be guided by.

Although you physically typed the words which I used as an easily identifiable example of "anti-Christ," those words are actually coming from that spirit that is currently guiding you...

Sorry if it seems like it to you Flash, but, seriously and in all honesty, my purpose of the "Anti-Christ or Not" thread was not to dog you. I am attempting to help people to identify this cowardly and deceptive spirit and to be able to see the reality of what it "is". Then, after they have the information needed to understand what this spirit really is, to call it what it "is", to take ownership of it or not, according to their own free-will, and to discuss issues here with the knowledge and acceptance of who and what we truly are.

[This message has been edited by truestory (edited January 05, 2000).]

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flash Registered Senior Member

TS,
    Ok, then... but, what requests have I made that you cannot abide by?

I mean what more do you want???? I have put down my sword, TS. I don't even feel like arguing anymore... I'm through..so what more????

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True'-

I would regard ANYTHING being presented the way you have presented the "word of God" to be rot, no matter what the actual content was. It's the presentation that makes it garbage, at least in my opinion.

Was I wrong, did you not intend those posts to be directed towards Flash?? Maybe there's some confusion as to what I meant - I thought you were directing posts to Flash, then refusing to respond to her direct inquiries/requests (hence "non-responsive"). Was I mistaken in whom you were directing those posts to?? If so, I humbly apologize for my assumption.

BTW, I did take your "broom" comment as a light hearted pun. No offence was taken by me, just to make that clear - I do have a sense of humor!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PS - the proper term for a witches broom is "besom", and I haven't bought one yet. Got to find a nice sturdy one if I want to go flying about!! (That's a joke!) My closet is full of much less interesting things, unfortunately.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. truestory Registered Senior Member

O.K., Flash... perhaps I misunderstood... bygones.

8. truestory Registered Senior Member

Skye,

An earlier response to Lori explains my "intent".

Although, of course, I have seen those who have presented the Word of God erroneously as "garbage" I am curious as to what it is that you object to about the straight-forward way that I presented the Word?

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

So, if God loves us all, what about His people? Or does it not matter that they're screwing society into the ground, because they love God and God loves us all?

--Tiassa

------------------
    The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General at the Expense of the Particular .... (Perdurabo; The Book of Lies)

10. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

True' -

Is that a real question?? Can you not see that the way you kept on posting without bothering to respond to Flash was pointless?? Did you really expect Flash to "POOF!" change into someone else?????

Come on, you're smarter than that!!

You could be saying "Flowers are nice", but the way you just kept right on posting and ignoring Flash would make a florist decide to change jobs. THAT is what makes it rot, garbage, and let me add pointless to the list.

11. truestory Registered Senior Member

Skye,

Here is an excerpt from my post to Lori which I had previously suggested that you refer to:

I stopped posting to Flash as she requested, but her spirit kept coming back.

Perhaps God wanted to ignore the spirit of the anti-Christ which was present at the time and, instead, wanted to spread the Word? I found it to be excellent advice. Perhaps you see it differently. Flash is guided by one spirit, and I by another. Look back... If you prefer the results of what Flash's current spirit produces, and care to participate, then that is your choice. It is my choice not to.

12. truestory Registered Senior Member

tiassa,

We are ALL God's people and yes, God loves us ALL. However, unfortunately, we do not all love God in return. That's the problem with society.

13. SkyeBlue Registered Senior Member

truestory -

Interesting bit of logic, that is. (shrug)

Let me just say this:

I think if there IS an antichrist, you're just as good a canidate to hold that position as anybody else I've seen here. Talk about turning people away!! If I was shopping around for a religion, you would have turned me off to that particular message right here in this thread. Maybe you ought to ask for a better way to spread that Word, because as is, at least in my opinion, you are doing a poor job of it.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Truestory--

Okay, I can dig that answer, as thin as it is.

Next phase: Start with a brand new human-being, straight from the womb. What is written in that brain? What will we write in that brain? What happens when the most loving parent, with the best intentions, teaches that child that "This is God," and it truly isn't, because of various interpretational differences.

So that baby grows up, learning a version of God and compassion that is more in line with their parents' view of God as compared to what God or Jesus or the various authors of the Bible hoped or intended?

Spread that cancer of ideas, generation after generation ... there's six billion peole on planet earth, almost 1.5 billion Christian. They might love God, but they don't understand God's love. So where does that leave the message? And does it mean God has to rewrite his standard because people are too stupid, lazy, or burdened by the quagmire to even WANT to try to get it right?

How many generations of how many ideas have corrupted God's message ... and you, Truestory, are apparently the only one to get it in its pure form. Or, I could apply Occam's Razor, which was a popular idea in this forum a couple of months ago, and lop off the statistical aberration of your enlightenment, which would indicate that you, too, are of the corrupt version of the message, and that much searching remains to be done. You can take part in the searching, and hopefully find the answers, or you can sit back and yell, on the one hand, that everybody's looking in the wrong place, and on the other that they don't know what they're looking for.

So what makes your version of Christian love more pure, say, than that of Jerry Falwell, Bob Tilton, or Torquemada?

Or do you just trust in God that you're somehow better than the rest?

--Tiassa

------------------
    The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General at the Expense of the Particular .... (Perdurabo; The Book of Lies)

15. truestory Registered Senior Member

Well, Skye... Then I guess it's a good thing that I'm not selling a religion, isn't it?

Oops. Am I incorrect in assuming that you were making a pun?

Although the comment about being a candidate for the anti-Christ comes across as funny to me, personally, it is also sad in that you are quite correct. We are all considered candidates.

As I said, you choose what or what not to participate in and so do I.

16. truestory Registered Senior Member

tiassa,

Do you want to have a reasonable discussion or are you insisting on making this a debate about extremes?

Such as:

I look forward to your reasonable reply.

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Truestory--

My reasonable reply is that the assertion you've quoted comes from certain other assertions you've made in the past:

* You have refused to discuss the historical issues of the church, on the grounds that you don't follow the church.

* You have refused to discuss the historical issues of faith on grounds that are, technically, somewhat mysterious to me, but the sum effect of your statements turns up to be that history, somehow, isn't important.

* You have refused to enter the framework of other philosophies, in order to learn their context. You'd rather criticize what you don't know.

* When you find an issue too difficult to respond to, you simply ignore it, claim yourself as a victim of unnecessary hostility, or blurt out a stream of faith which requires one's participation in your version of Christianity to understand.

So it's unfair, apparently, to discuss the actions of "other" Christians, because they aren't you. It's unfair to examine church history, because that's other people and other times. It's unfair to examine faith history, because ... well, I don't get your attempt to justify your dismissals of history, but that's the issue there.

So the only Christianity you want to discuss seems to be your own.

Well, the REST OF US do have some concerns that involve the REST OF THE WORLD that we live in. We're not content to rest upon our laurels and pronounce our faith from the streetcorner. We like to explore ideas, trade philosophical insight ... we like to LEARN FROM EACH OTHER.

But not Truestory. The only thing we can conclude here is that you are somehow afraid of the faults of other interpretations of Christianity, or else consider those views to be "wrong". Since you dislike any implication that your view might be wrong, what does that mean? It must be right. So the sum effect of two-thousand years of intervening, insignificant history is that somehow, you have received the only clear vision of what God wants for the world.

Step softly, True ... we can hear that bag o'nails jangling when you approach.

--Tiassa

[This message has been edited by tiassa (edited January 06, 2000).]

18. truestory Registered Senior Member

And now... The lie:

------------------
    Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a "gift." That's why we call it "the present."
    What will you do with your gift of today?