God wanted Trump to be President?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by origin, Aug 4, 2021.

1. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

There are many evangelist who believe that God personally chose Trump president in 2016 election. They also believed that God chose Trump to be president in 2020 election. My question is what are their thoughts on this now?
    Trump in the beginning of 2020 was set to breeze into his second term, due I think, to the strong economy. Then a plague was unleashed on the earth(!), which was rather biblical. His administrations poor handling of the pandemic and the subsequent recession caused him to lose the race. How do evangelists square this with their beliefs?
    The other scenario is that Trump actually won but the Democrats cheated and stole the election.
    But if God wanted Trump to be president how would that be possible? Did the Democrats out wit God?

I really would like an evangelical to answer this or anyone with any insight to the evangelical view point.

Maybe the answer is as simple as that they believe that any day he will be reinstated as president.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

I think you mean evangelicals rather than evangelists. I don't think St.s Matthew, Mark, Luke and John have expressed an opinion

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I expect they see it some sort of battle of "good" (in the person of the lying, bullying, pussy-grabbing, egotistical Trump) versus "evil", (as represented by these commies who believe in votes for blacks and climate change).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Was the economy strong? Even in 2019, many economists were pointing to trends that indicated that a recession was on the horizon. Covid just might have accelerated the time table. The numbers for Trump's term are in and it turns out that he presided over the worst growth in GPE since the Great Depression. While the pandemic did play a role in that towards the end, prior to that he had 3 years in which the grow the economy.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Oh poop! Thanks for the catch. Maybe the heavens tried to derail this thread by influencing my auto correct!?!

exchemist likes this.
  8. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

I don't think the economy would have tanked too much on it's own before the election, but we will never know....

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

God wanted Trump to be President?

I am going to have to reevaluate my opinion of the Flying Spaghetti Monster if the thread title is true

10. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Trump is ass up in hell.

11. candy Valued Senior Member

If God made Trump potus what happened to free will?

Claiming God wanted Trump as potus is a way to escape responsibility for electing him.

Write4U likes this.
  12. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Society is reaching so low level in morality that God changed his mind and replaced good president Trump by evil president Biden. Biden is our punishment and it is funny, the inflation is that bad, but so bad, that the ones who voted for evil Biden keep thaer mouuths shot because shame.

We were so well with president Trump, that his administration reached the best economy ever in decades, God was with him, there is no other explanation.

13. exchemist Valued Senior Member

One of the curious features of so many Trumpies is that they seem unable to spell or use English correctly.

Time for some covfefe..........

Luchito likes this.
  14. billvon Valued Senior Member

I voted for him and I am glad I did.

Stock market - up 18%
    COVID infections - down 250%
    COVID deaths - down 300%
    Vaccinations - from 3% to 60%
    US GDP - from ($)21T to ($)23T
    Unemployment - down from 6% to 4%

American soldiers in Afghanistan dead under Trump: 60
    American soldiers in Afghanistan dead under Biden: 13

Things are looking a lot better than they did a year ago.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Last November when Trump was president, the unemployment level was higher, the average wages were lower, the stock market was lower, we were losing soldiers in the never ending Afghan war and there was an anti-democratic lunatic in the office of president.
    We are in a much better place now.

16. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

So you are saying this low level of morality occurred when Trump was president? I am not sure I agree with that assessment for the general public, but I do agree the level of morality in the office of the President is much higher now!

17. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

That one sentence completely changed my mind about EVERYTHING!

God, let me open a beer.

18. billvon Valued Senior Member

God will answer your prayers.

19. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I too, am glad Trump is gone and Biden was the only alternative but the stock market is up because the full Biden tax treatment hasn't been passed yet and because of inflation (nowhere else to invest). The market P/E ratios are what is going up, not earnings to the extent that would justify current stock prices.

Normally, at this point, investors would be moving into bonds which would provide a check on excessive stock market valuations. Rates are being kept artificially low so that's not a viable option now. You can't keep rates artificially low, provide Covid stimulation and now spend trillions more all in the face of the highest inflation in 30 years. Even the rates being used as the "official" rates are way lower than the reality.

Biden should have just stayed with worrying about Covid. High inflation, passing his legislation in the face of high inflation and continuing to inflate the money supply is just bad policy, no matter who is President. That's what will bite his administration ultimately.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
  20. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Geeze, God sure didn't see that coming... uh, what?

21. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Yur style f criticism is lvely, right t the pint...

22. Luchito Registered Senior Member

Ribeye steak, with Trump $8.50 to $12.50. with Biden $14.50 to $22.50.

Gasoline with Trump $1.80 to $2.45, with Biden $2.89 to $4.09 and keep going up.

Groceries 25% higher and keep going up.

New cars no longer $3,000 higher than past year but $5,000 to 10,000higher

This is the worst administration after Carter... and God wasn't with Carter as well.

Besides, in religion economy is not the great deal but what is the government about when is on society.

And Biden's first measurement, his first gubernatorial decision and action before any other important issue, he "with pride" returned back homosexuals to the army. He is against God because he is evil, no doubt about it.

God was with Trump and Trump showed what to be a man is about. After other former presidents promised the same, even evil Obama, was president Trump the one who showed guts and moved the US embassy to the capital city of Israel: Jerusalem.

That is to be a real president, a man of God. Yeah...

When we talk about religion, then President Trump was God's elected man.

23. Luchito Registered Senior Member

God gave us a temporary relief, and now his punishment continues.