Good and bad are actual properties (i.e. forces)

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by MattMVS7, Sep 10, 2017.

1. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

By the way, I am not intending to be a troll in any way. I have learned a theory from my own personal struggles and I wish to share it. It is a theory that I am convinced is true.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

How much scientific study have you done on this theory? You feel good = a positive force. You feel bad = a negative force
    Questions
    What equipment do you use to measure your feel good/bad?
    What equipment do you use to measure a positive/negative force?
    What formulations do use to correlate the readings?
    How many people are in the observed group?
    How many in your control group?
    I am waiting with breathless antisapation for the breakthrough moment as you appear to have high hopes for theory
    Will SciFor members be invited to your acceptance of the Nobel Prize ceremony?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

All I can offer now is a logical argument to support my theory:

1.) Positive always equals good while negative always equals bad. There is no exception to this rule and it would make no sense to say otherwise. The only exception would be something such as positive and negative charges since this would be a different definition of positive and negative. But when you say things such as the positive qualities of life, then these are always the good qualities of life. Likewise, when you say the negative qualities of life, then these are always the bad qualities of life.

2.) Positive thoughts are always value judgments of things having good value in our lives, negative thoughts are always value judgments of things having bad value in our lives, while neither positive nor negative thoughts are always value judgments of things having neither good nor bad value in our lives. Value judgments allow us to see the good and bad values in our lives according to this premise. However, I later switch it on over to emotions. So, just go with this premise for now.

3.) Positive thoughts are always subjective wanting and liking while negative thoughts are always subjective not wanting things or disliking things. Having neither positive nor negative thoughts would be neither wanting, liking, unwanting, or disliking.

4.) There is an objective form of wanting and liking. It would be our positive emotions. Here, I will quote it out to you:

It would follow from here that our negative emotions are an objective form of unwanting and disliking. Having neither positive nor negative emotions would be an objective form of neither wanting, liking, unwanting, or disliking. This means that there is no subjective form of wanting, liking, unwanting, nor disliking.

5.) To summarize all of my previous premises, since the objective form of wanting, liking, unwanting, and disliking (our positive and negative emotions) allow us to experience the good and bad qualities of life, then it would have to be our subjective wanting, liking, unwanting, and disliking that allow us to perceive the good and bad qualities of life. But since the subjective form does not exist, then we cannot see any good or bad value in our lives in the absence of our emotions.

Therefore,

Conclusion: Our positive emotions are the only things that can allow us to see the good values in our lives, our negative emotions are the only things that can allow us to see the bad values in our lives, while having neither positive nor negative emotions wouldn't allow us to see any good or bad values in our lives at all. Therefore, the experience of good and bad values in our lives via our emotions is actually a higher and transcended perception of good and bad values in our lives while our value judgments alone (emotional viewpoint) does not give us any perception of good or bad values. If you wanted to perceive the good values in your life despite feeling a negative emotion, then you would need to feel a positive emotion in despite of that negative one and vice versa.

Mixed Emotions: We can have mixed emotions. So, if you were euphoric, but felt a little bit of dysphoria at the same time, then your life would be half good and half bad depending on the degree of euphoria and dysphoria. If it is just a little bit of dysphoria and the rest is euphoria, then things, situations, and moments in your life would be perceived as being something like 20% bad and 80% good. Also, the profoundness and intensity level of your emotional states dictates the level of perceived value in your life as I've said before.

I will just present it here again. If you were feeling very joyful and excited, then you would be perceiving much good value in your life. If it was only a small degree of positive emotions that you felt, then you would only be perceiving a slim amount of good value in your life. This makes all the difference in the world because a life filled with the most intense and profound positive emotions is the greatest life to live while a life with a slim degree is only a somewhat good quality life. This same rule applies to negative emotions.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  8. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Yes anger is literal pain.

9. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So you post all of the above just to explain you haven't done any research?

Why I am not surprised?

10. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

I thought it was worth sharing anyway. I am just your average Joe here. You cannot possibly expect me to achieve the aforementioned tasks you've pointed out. I don't have that much money and I am just your average person who wants to be happy and enjoy his life and hobbies.

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

But I can

Having a average Joe idea is OK
    Sharing it fine
    Promoting it as a scientific breakthrough without doing any science big no no

Almost like turning up to the headquarters of a airline and telling them "I think I can fly a Jumbo" and expecting them to give you a Captains uniform

12. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

All I said was that it is possible that my theory is true given all of my arguments that support it. These arguments really make my theory at least plausible even though it has no evidence to support it yet. That is what I was wanting to share.

13. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

No no no it's not that easy

You cannot have a speculative idea and say it is plausible BECAUSE I backed it up with speculative arguments

Perhaps you should write down your ideas and try explaining them face to face with friends

Here in my opinion you are better off putting forward ideas and requesting feedback back. Be prepared if you do that for harse treatment of Woo Woo ideas but guidance if your ideas have merit

14. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

How To Live The Greatest Life: The profoundness and intensity level of your emotional states dictates the level of perceived value in your life. If you were feeling very joyful and excited, then you would be perceiving much good value in your life. If it was only a small degree of positive emotions that you felt, then you would only be perceiving a slim amount of good value in your life. This makes all the difference in the world because a life filled with the most intense and profound positive emotions is the greatest life to live while a life with a slim degree is only a somewhat good quality life. This same rule applies to negative emotions. Therefore, if you were someone poor who struggled with depression and you had a very slim amount of positive emotions in your life, then your life would not be that good.

You would be perceiving very little good value and worth in your life and towards the helping of others regardless of how much you have made the best of your life and helped others. So, basically, I am telling you that if you are a depressed or miserable human being or artist, then your life can only amount to shit. As for a rich and wealthy individual who feels the most joy and excitement and doesn't care or help anyone else, he would, of course, need his emotional viewpoint (value judgment) to keep him from doing reckless things. Other than that, everything should be all well and good with this person's life. I am not advocating the idea that the only way to a good life is to become a rich and uncaring bastard. I am only pointing out here that the only way to a good life is through our positive emotions.

Go Ask Any Artist: Virtually all artists to this day believe that our negative emotions are something beautiful and can make our lives and artistic endeavors something truly beautiful, magnificent, good, and worthwhile. Go ask any artist this and they will tell you. They will tell you that art is a variety of expression whether it be the expression of joy or misery. The world is almost entirely brainwashed by this lie. As for me, I am not brainwashed. I can clearly tell that it is nonsense. Many people and artists would tell me that, during my most miserable times, that such hopelessness/misery can make my life and composing dream something beautiful.

Again, that is only focusing on my artistic endeavor and focusing away from my own inner light that I and other artists need in their lives (their positive emotions). This means that it was all about the joys of creating all forms of art whether they be happy, sad, or miserable works of art. It was never about the misery or other negative emotions. I am quite surprised that my theory hasn't been around in the past. If it has, then we would not have so many people and artists to this day believing in this nonsense. This means that this theory of mine must be something new and I intend to use it to enlighten artists as well as humanity in general to the real truth.

You Think You're So Smart!: Many people might also get the idea that I think I am smarter than a genius. For me to make the claim that these geniuses were all wrong might make this look like a situation where I am trying to exalt myself above these geniuses. This isn't true. It's not a matter of me thinking I am special or greater than them. Rather, it is about the force of light which is something that goes beyond any genius.

You can be the greatest genius in the world. But none of that will amount to anything without the power of the light in your life. I just can't believe people ignore the light and think they are living the good and beautiful life anyway. I talked about the idea of consciousness based values in my other packet. These are different values than the one's these geniuses lived by.

They are the higher values. I call them the emotional values. The fact is, these geniuses were not focusing on what it was actually like for them to live their lives miserable. Had they done so like I did, then they would realize that their lives are completely devoid of the light and filled with darkness. Let's pretend that these miserable geniuses were alive today and I asked them what it is like, then they would respond to me by saying that it is like something beautiful for them.

They would tell me that their misery and despair is truly like something good and beautiful for them. This is the wrong idea of what it's like. Just because you have the thought of your life being beautiful does not mean that it's actually like something beautiful. My consciousness based values go beyond words (thoughts). These types of values focus on whether you have this light in your life or not. You might think I'm crazy when saying all of this. But then again, people had ideas that changed the world that were also deemed as crazy. I think the world needs to be awakened to consciousness based values.

Moments: If there were somehow a way for our lives to be truly good and worth living in the absence of our positive emotions, then this would be a stable value in our lives. We would have it all the time so that, no matter what hardships and misery we go through, we would still be living a good quality standard of life. Our lives would still have all the positive qualities we need. However, I don't think this is possible. I think it has been clearly established that our positive emotions are the only way to having positive qualities in our lives. This would have to mean that this would not be a stable version since our moods are always changing. Moments where you feel very excited and joyful are the moments where you perceive the greatest good values in your life while moments where you feel miserable would be moments where you perceive bad values in your life.

Situations: Whatever situation we feel from is the situation that we either perceive as being good or bad. If you were in a dangerous situation and you felt fear, but thought that it was a good idea to escape, then you can only perceive the danger itself as being bad. You would not be able to perceive the idea of escaping as being a good thing. The only way to see the idea of escaping as being a good thing would be if you knew you were going to be safe. Knowing this would make you feel a positive emotion. It is this positive emotion that would allow you to see the idea of getting out of that situation and reuniting with your friends and family as being a good thing.

If My Theory Were False, Then My Logical Arguments Would Not Add Up So Perfectly: If my theory were somehow false and I was trying to do nothing more than force my arguments to support my worldview, then it would become quite obvious. There would be many flaws in my arguments that people would clearly point out. But if you were to fully read my logical arguments I presented (especially the 1st one since I think this is my best one), you would see that no such flaws are present. Rather, this is a logical argument that adds up so nicely like all the pieces of a puzzle coming together.

Therefore, rather than this being a logical argument where others would be able to judge as nonsense, this is a logical argument where it baffles people and gives them a sense of scientific discovery. They would really want to find out if my theory is true. If this is truly that type of logical argument, then this would make my theory very plausible at the moment even though it has no evidence to support it. My theory would be better than any wild claim since wild claims have no plausibility; they are just claims. However, I am open to the possibility that my logical argument does have flaws and that my theory is just a wild claim.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The flaw in your argument is simple -

You are ignoring the entire, complex bio-chemical side of things - all the little physiological "things" that have to work to make emotions work. Case in point - giving your "advice" to someone who is suicidal and depressed would, quite likely, just make things worse as they take it all in and come to the conclusion that "yep, I'm just fucked up and not worth worrying about and the world will be better off without me since I can't even make myself happy".

16. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

I have, in fact, taken into consideration the fact that depressed people cannot make themselves feel positive emotions due to their faulty brains. However, my theory still stands. So, even if you were someone depressed who could not feel positive emotions no matter what, it would still make no difference. As long as you live a life that is devoid of positive emotions, then your life wouldn't be anything good and worth living. You would not be able to experience the good qualities of life.

17. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

MattMVS7, you do not have a theory, what you have is a personal revelation. You have had a revelation that has deep meaning to you. It has scant meaning to us, it is not our revelation. You seem to think that your personal understanding can be translated to us - it cannot. Each person has their own revelations and understanding of the world and their place in it. Do you want validation of your thoughts? You won't get it from most people. You have made a discovery that makes your life have more meaning and happiness - good for you, that's great.

Coming here and proclaiming that you have found the answer is asking for negative responses. Don't preach to people, it gets you no where, just enjoy your new found peace.

exchemist likes this.
  18. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

Understood. But when I said "theory," I just meant an idea. I do not mean a scientific theory because scientific theories have empirical evidence to support them.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Right, so you are simply throwing out any data that doesn't reconcile with your idea... confirmation bias, essentially.

20. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

There are many unfortunate circumstances in life that disagree with us. For example, just because a person cannot live in a wealthy area of the world does not negate the reality of poverty.

21. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So when I said theory

I really meant idea

and when I meant idea I really meant I have no idea what I am talking about

and when I meant I have no idea what I am taking about I really meant I am in the realm of vagueness where god and the soul and the mysterious life force reside

and when I meant I am in the realm vagueness where god resides I really meant I have no idea of how to express anything because I don't understand anything

so I just put it out as a theory hoping to catch a few people who could explain everything

Hope that explains everything

22. MattMVS7 Registered Senior Member

Then forget everything else I said if it confuses you. Instead, just focus on that logical argument I made because I think it gets my point across coherently.

23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Sorry you thunk wrong

And YES I mean THUNK. It's the noise a thought makes when it falls over dead