Goodbye athiesm!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Xev, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

Tyler describing his ideal woman. Tyler also says that I am intelligent.

(Wheeeee! Yay yay yay, Tyler says that I am intelligent!)

So I decided to fix the situation.

I decided to become a Christian. I know the Bible and all, but I do not know how to convert.

So, like, do I say a magic word or somthing?

Please do not post silly things, I am very serious.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Follow the Golden Rule. I think that covers most of Christianity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actully more people should follow something that says "treat eachother the way they would want to be treated" (this DOSN'T include masicists)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hoth Registered Senior Member

The way to be a true christian is to convert others. Your faith is never real unless you're demonstrating it by showing the Truth of God's Word to others. To understand God, you must make others understand God.

You must confront an atheist... then, and only then, a true Christian will you be.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

you do realise that crap don't you?

how many of you even realised i was a catholic till i said i gave it up?

9. ismu ::phenomenon::. Registered Senior Member

Wait! wait! wait!... I really don't get it.

Tyler don't like woman smarter than him. And he said you're smart. So, you want to fix this situation by become a Christian to proove that you are not so smart anymore?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(You got weird logic Xev. Or, did I miss your point? :bugeye: )

10. Hoth Registered Senior Member

Ismu, I really wouldn't take it seriously despite the warning to take it seriously. There was likely a certain amount of anti-Christian humor intended.

Yes, but it's true of how a certain portion of them think, just as it's true of how a certain portion of atheists think, and it's always easy to exaggerate and make it seem like that's the entire group. I could change a couple of words and present it as being how to become an atheist.

11. Cactus Jack Death Knight of Northrend Registered Senior Member

XEV NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY GOT YOU, THOSE BASTARDS GOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Re: Re: Goodbye athiesm!

That is what I thought the first time I read this.

There are easier ways for her to dumb herself down like dying her hair blonde or something.

That is not really necessary anyway. Guys would do anything with two legs as long as she is doable. Guys always say I want my chick with this character. You look at the chick he is with and you know that is all boat load of crap

13. Xev Registered Senior Member

Still an athiest....

A4Ever
    But I already do - do onto others as they would have done onto you. And I'm not a Christian.

So that dosen't work.

Hoth:
    Oh, thanks. I tried that, see. I tried yelling at myself to "Turn or burn" but my cat started giving me weird looks.

So then I decided to burn myself at the stake. But once I managed to tie my hands behind my back, I could no longer reach the torch.

So it appears that I can't persecute myself.

I'm gonna BURN FOREVER IN THE FIREY PITS OF HELL and you think it's funny?!

Thanks Joeman! But my hair is already a somwhat artificial red.....I'm watching MTV right now!

Hmmmm, maybe I should start posting in BIG BLUE LETTERS?

Man, where's Sir Loone when you need him?

14. Markx Registered Senior Member

Re: Still an athiest....

I thought he got arrested, after all that church and child abuse crap. I mean he was a priest of something wasn't he??

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

LOONE WAS ACTUALLY A FAIRLY NICE CHAP, EVEN THOUGH HE WAS MENTAL. I DOUBT THAT HE'D DO SOMTHING LIKE THAT.

MY GUESS IS THAT THE DOCTORS AT THE ASYLUM REALIZED THAT HE WAS USING THE INTERNET AND MADE HIM STOP!!

REPENT SINNERS AND, UMMMM, STUFF!

16. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Being a Christian means nothing more than trying to live like Christ. The most important thing when trying this, is follow the Golden Rule. All other things are derived from that. So if you do, you can be called a Christian.

If you want to be a Catholic on the other hand, I can't help you. You should then probably learn a lot of rituals and follow a lot of dogmas. But that, I think, was never what Christ had in mind.

Btw, I think sarcasm is boring, uninspired, and insulting to some people.

17. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Xev

Are you serious? I know you said you were serious, but you cant convert to Christ just to please someone else. Basically, your selling your soul and your selling out. But! I think this is not for really real. You are way to smart for this crap

Edit:
    If you are serious though (and Im in no way knocking you if you are), but I used to ask the same question (before I gave up all together) - and Christians would tell me to look in yourself and have faith and keep asking (praying) to God to help you change. Im still told to do these things (which I dont because they didnt work). But of course now people say I didnt try hard enough. Like they know what was going on inside my heart and like they know how hard I was really trying. Well good luck, if thats the way you choose. For some, its the greatest thing ever. I hope your one of those.

Take care

18. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Xev is just BSing,

Being a Christian is to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour. That is all. You don't have to live like him. We don't even know how he lived....we assume. We assume that he wasn't messing with Mary Magdaline. We assume he was celibate. Should we all try to live celibate lives???

After all when you sign up to be a Christian don't you get an infinate amount of "get out of jail free" cards?

19. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Interesting ....

I will not argue with the idea. However, I propose the Golden Rule according to Rabbi Hillel. So goes the story, one day a student had occasion to challenge the Rabbi to recite the whole of the Torah while standing on one foot. (I know, I know ....) At any rate, the Rabbi thought for only a moment, lifted one foot off the ground, and said, Do not do unto others as you would not have done to you. That is the whole of the Torah.

I can't find an argument with that.

Beyond that, it's merely a functional difference, and dependent on one's particular perspective. Common sense is called for in all things, but a combination of presumptuousness and proactivity can make Do unto others a tad problematic, as history demonstrates. I only mention Do not do unto others because it's safer.

A couple of notes from history. The first will be useful as a psychological cleansing against the Cthulhian pledges you've made, Xev:
    It comes from A.E. Waite's Book of Black Magic and of Pacts, and was originally applied to blood pacts made with Satan, but as a psychological ritual, it is flexible enough to suffice for any demonstration made in the name of Satan (e.g. Cthulhu, since, as some of our more vocal Christian advocates have reminded us, any pagan god-idea is Satan). But such a measure should only be played out if your conscience demands it. Otherwise, psychological parlor tricks should be left on the shelf. But, as a witch of sorts, I can attest the the psychological power of a ritual demonstration of this nature. Though I don't know what freedom to invent such rituals Christian mysticism actually carries with it, I encourage anyone to get in touch with the mystical nature of their religion. It helps keep God in perspective. In this, like all things, though, common sense is called for. Christian mysticism sometimes seems to miss its own point:
    So that "dozen more" ... that's how it is in my source, Davidson's Dictionary of Angels. The "Serpent Conjuration" is from the Grimoire of Honorius, of which the bibliography notes: "Attributed to Pope Honorius III, Rome, 1760."

More to the point, do not underestimate the power of the Dark Side. I mean, can anyone tell me what's wrong with that conjuration? Fair enough to say many, many things?

Common sense in all things. Xev, I think you already know. So good luck with it. If you figure out the answer to it all by this path, let us know
    You'd said something about it before, Asguard. I believe it was you who had occasion to ask me about one of my barbs at Catholicism. I am, as you're aware, prone to give the Church a ration of shite on a fairly regular basis. To the other, I haven't been at it much lately. Such as the current scandal; I've said, literally, all I can about it, that celibacy rules might be part of the problem. Other than that, this is between the Church and those hurt, first; the Church and its people in general second; and the rest of us, technically, should not matter a whit. The point is that the Church should be left to settle this situation to its satisfaction, and let that resolution stand for itself. Raining tons of shite on the Church these days distracts from what's important at a critical moment in history. This literally has the power to kill the church. I read, in either Penthouse or Hustler, about four years ago, about a Catholic priest in Brazil who was well-known for having sex with young boys, and the story reads a little like what's going on in the US. Heaping it on the Church helps none right now. But that's it's own digression, so ... yeah, I do recall that you were Catholic. And if I haven't commented on your departure, frankly, it's due to other things that are, frankly, distracting the hell out of me. I tend toward "congratulations, good move", and the only comment I can make is that I, myself have not gone Buddhist because, as the Americanized version goes, Life is suffering--I don't need to elevate that concept in any way whatsoever. It would be dangerous to me.

thanx all,
    Tiassa

20. Shadowstrife911 Hail the Shredder! Registered Senior Member

Burning in Hell

I thought the Catholic Church changed this, saying people who don't accept Christ are just sent to purgatory, or is that just people who never knew about Christ?

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Oh good, another fan of Freddy! Welcome Shadowstrife911!

That's for people who never knew about Christ, they are sent to the first circle of hell.

So I have to pluck out my eyes if I see a pretty woman, and refuse to help people because they are not members of my racial group? Okay.

I AM NOT BEING SARCASTIC! PLEASE HELP ME CONVERT SO THAT I WILL NOT BURN FOREVER IN THE FIREY PITS OF HELL!

22. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

So you instantly thought that I was referring to YOU with that remark about sarcasm? Then you must really feel being spoken to, which says something

I said follow the golden rule. Please, do not pluck out your eye! It is more fun to burn with both eyes open

Stop this, Xev, it is useless. Read my posts in "Down with religion"instead. I hear you, and I hear Christians too.

Respect yourself, respect others.

23. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Xev,

Good for you. And I've decided to become a Christian too.

It makes life so much easier. God does everything for you, providing you pray for it, although his interpretation of what I say seems a little strange.

And you don't have to worry about dying since one day it will be a wondrous event when you enter paradise. It is a great shame that the bible says one should not commit suicide. Perhaps they say that to avoid a potential queue at the gates.

And pain and suffering and terrible diseases are completely unimportant, scientists should stop trying to change any of that. These things are just here to test us and prove we have faith in God. And besides since God created disease it must be good, probably a way he devised to allow us to visit him more quickly.

I am so much happier now – simply no need to strive to survive or to worry about anything.

I am of course completely serious as well.

Cris