Goodbye athiesm!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Xev, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

How kinky. Now why is this a bad thing?

What, you have a web-cam?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FoxMulder Registered Senior Member

YOU WILL BURN FOREVER if you do not STOP this FOOLISHNESS!!

Repent! Repent while there is still time!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Hey Fox. What if I want to burn forever?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

LIGHTBEING,

There's only one Religion and Love is It's only rule...

8. FoxMulder Registered Senior Member

Why would you want to be trapped in demonic bondage? Why would you want to burn forever?

Very true, Truthseeker.

Christianity is the only religion. God's love is its only rule. But if we reject the Love of God, He will torment you forever!

Accept Jesus into your heart before it is too late!!

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Why would you want to be trapped in demonic bondage? Why would you want to burn forever?

Maybe Xev's getting tired of those cold Michigan winter mornings.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Christianity is the only religion. God's love is its only rule. But if we reject the Love of God, He will torment you forever!

He already torments us by living vicariously through you.

10. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Hey FoxMulder, I remember from the movie Exorcist that demons speak backwards sometimes.

Why do you keep calling Xev Vex???

You scare me...

11. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

No there's not.....

Not according to the Bible...

Propaganda!!!! Your not selling me on this one...

12. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"Why would you want to be trapped in demonic bondage? Why would you want to burn forever?"

It's a turn on.

13. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Fox Mulder,

That's no Love. True Love is unconditionally. God Loves us and want us to be with Him. Unfortunatly, some don't choose on this way and finish very bad...

All Religions are the same and all of them has Love as Its only rule...

LIGHTBEING,

If you Love your neighbour, will you kill him? Will you steal from him? If you Love your parents, will you dishonor them? Love resumes all "rules"...

14. LIGHTBEING Registered Senior Member

Ofcoarse I wouldn't. The issue is that all religion list these rules of Love then contradict them. That's why to me religion has nothing to do with Love.

I express Love and receive Love without religion. It feels much more genuine.

15. tomzyk Registered Member

THANK YOU! I'm glad that there are other people that feel this way too. I don't need to be rewarded with "eternal happiness" in the presence of ((insert the name of your God here)) in ((insert the name of your "Happy Happy Joy Joy Good Dead People Place or State-of-Being" here)) for being a kind person in this life.

16. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

I don't need that either. It's a belief. Once again you people see it as a scientific thing of action and reaction: you do deed A to get reward B.

It's not like that.

The only difference is some want to think about origin, purpose,... of Love, others don't and just proclaim. Both views are equal.

Tomzyk gives me the impression that both kinds of people are not equal...

17. tomzyk Registered Member

A4Ever, you have confused me.
    I'm not sure what you were trying to say (maybe I'm just grumpy and not thinking straight because I'm hungry or something), but here's what I was getting at: Many people of religion act kindly towards others because they think they will be rewarded in the afterlife... or fear eternal damnation if they aren't good. I act the way I do towards others because I choose to. Being nice to people just makes my life easier. For me, more friends means more parties throughout the year which leads to more relaxation and thus happiness. (Might not be the same for everyone, but I'm talking about me here.) Being nice to people usually results in them being nice back to you. Again, less stress, more happiness.
    See where I'm going with this?

I'm wondering if you were thinking along the lines of: everyone acts good to be rewarded. My reward is a less stressful life. Their reward is Heaven.

Did I understand correctly? Or should I just go to lunch and think about this later?

18. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

My posts seem to get more cryptical everytime I read them. I get some angry replies too, and then I need to set everything straight afterwards

I don't fully understand your post. I will sumarize.

Kinds of people:

A// People who believe in Afterlife and are kind to get in that Afterlife.

B// People who don't believe in Afterlife, but are kind just because they want to. There is no purpose.

C// People who believe in Afterlife, but are nice because they want to, not get into the Afterlife.

D// People who do or don't believe in Afterlife, but who love to get things back, like love from others, more friends, more parties,...

I strife to be in C. If I understand, you are in D.

I was saying that B and C are equal. You have to admit that there is something to say for unconditional behaviour, no?

19. tomzyk Registered Member

Yup! If I have to be in one of those categories you listed, it would definitely be D. I DO love to get things back.
    It's all about the karma.

Basically, I was raised by a religious family. I have always had a nice living environment, learning environment, social etc.... (Yes, I am very fortunate.) I'm not a kind person JUST so I get things (love, kindness, affection) in return. I'm a nice person because I was raised that way. I like seeing people and being around people that are in a good mood. It just doesn't feel right to me to be cruel to others. But yes; it's nice to get back what you give.

Since you think your B and C are the same (being nice for the sake of it), does that mean you think your A and D are the same (being nice to receive benefits)? Or are A and D still different? Where A strives to be good to get into heaven and where D is good and enjoys getting benefits in return, but it is not always necessary.

(And BTW, I wasn't angry. My apologies if my writing came across that way.)

20. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Well, if you add to D that you are nice to get things, but not ONLY to get things, I would say that D is a higher level than A.

But it's hard and unwise to pass judgments. When I say I strife for C, this seems like I think you are inferior to me. That's not my point and it is not true. I only want to differentiate between different valuesystems, not placing one on top of the other.

You didn't seem angry, so no apollogie necessary.

21. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

LIGHTBEING,

It's not Religion that contradicts itself, but the people who "apply" it. The Bible is very clear when it says: "Love your neighbours". If Christians don't apply it, it's not because the Bible is wrong, but the people are...

tomzyk,

No. The Bible says that if you don't Love with your Heart you won't be accepted by God. It's meant: you need to have the intention and the natural Love. Those who "Love" for their own interests will NEVER go to Heaven (means: will never be happy...)...

22. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Some people believe in metaphisical punishment. When doing bad (like loving to get things in return) you get reincarnated into a pig, or you NEVER get into heaven.

I read an iteresting theory which said that God does not punish. He would not tell us not to and then do it himself. Since reality is not the final state of being, we really can do no metaphysical evil. Mostly because evil has no metaphysical substrat. Only God is there.

Anyway, when bad people die, they lose their body, hence go to "heaven". I don't think there is more to it. The rest is invented to make people act moral.

Note: people should act good. I believe it is why they are here. In an environment were evil is possible, they need to search for the good.

23. tomzyk Registered Member

Hm. Interesting. So you're saying Heaven isn't really a place your soul will reside after death; it's more like being happy/content with who you are in the present?