goofy fish closing my threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by duendy, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draqon Banned Banned

yes lets play this "WOW" you speak of...
    the game rules are simple I say, "wow!"...and u reply "wow!" on my "wow!"...and so on...

ok...ehhhemmm...let me start

WOW!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Dorkish on durotan.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

playing mmorpg for loot and levels is a lose lose situation because your jumping in on the timesink of the game

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

If you enjoy your time spent there, what's the harm?

Cheaper per month than going to the movies once.

8. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

Well if your having fun then who am i to argue with you, for me, I fell that focusing on getting levels and that next item is boring as hell.

I belive that levels and getting items is the companies way of getting the customers to spend more time which equel more money for them, franky i dislike levels and class based systems al together, an open skill based system is so much better.

/rant

9. Kotoko Laptop Persocom Registered Senior Member

Of course companies use loot to get people to spend longer times playing. It's a business, and it's meant to make money.

Open skill based systems don't work for the general player base. Players want to be better/faster/stronger than the next player, and they do that by getting phat lewts and completing long instances and hard raid encounters. Most players are not in it for the roleplay, but for the feeling of advancement and the feeling of being an integral part of a bigger system. Class/skill restrictions exist to make that happen in a cleaner way for the majority of players.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hmm. I took my wife through Uldaman up to Ironaya last night. Besides that she died a few times, it was pretty fun. She kept getting brave and dropping AOE, sucking aggro and suffering before I knew what was going on. Well one of the times I thought here sheild was stronger and she died right as I clicked challenging shout to draw the aggro off her. *sigh*

It was fun to beat that big bitch down. Sucked that her loot was mail and we were out of time, as the wifey is a caster and the BOP only fetched like 40s. Freakin lame. I had those bracers though, and they're decent pre-40 gear.

It's nice that you can watch those you love die, and then watch them resurrect to fight again. *sniffle* It's an emotional roller coaster! Yeah!

11. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

I can agre with that to some extend, the general player properly doesn't know the differeance, maybe because most games are class based so they think "that just how it is"
    Me coming from EVE-Online i can tell you that the felling of advancement is just as strong in EVE when gaining that level 5 superduper skill(5 is max skill level) or getting some expensive loot as it is in a class based system when gaining a high level/item.

The only differents is that in the open system you not forced in to a preselected set of skill, allowing more differens between characters and makes encounters with other people much more diverse, because you never quite know what they are capable of.

Instances, repeating instances

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

sure it can be fun with a few friend, but it can never beat and encounter with another player, an why make a instance inside a mmog, it kinda destroyes the idea of Massive Multiplayer.

I dont RP much but i do play in a certian way, for me, that equals reading a book or watching a movie with my self as the main character, hmm i guess that migh be RP anyway

i would disagre with that, in an open system every one is equal as every one can get the same skills, where as in a class based system there will always be a huge need of balancing between classes. Class based systems are good for PVE but thats about it.

This got a bit long, its all proberly boils down to differences of taste and oppinions, most importen is it that it's fun.

12. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Maybe it's because your grammar and spelling capabilities are that of a potato?

13. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Goofy closes another Thread. Goofy the Thread you closed on the 9/11 Video will only mean that someone else will come along and do the same post but just worded the way you want.

The release of the 9/11 video is the topic and I personally did not need that to be pointed out to me.

14. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Any wording would be welcome since the poster gave no reason
    whatsoever for posting it. That said, conspiracy theory threads have no
    place in World Events & Politics and will be moved accordingly.

Reopening a closed thread, even in protest, is overriding a mod edit.

:m: Peace.

15. Roman Banned Banned

It'd be awesome if the fish closed this thread, too.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The thread in question:

[thread54223]911 Investigation[/thread]

seems to me to be full of personal insults, and devoid of any useful content.

In my opinion, goofyfish was right to close it, and I have no intention of re-opening it.

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

'goofy was right to close it...i have no intention of reopening it.....'...?
    ohhhhhh, the POWER, ey?

you are such a pair of gatekeepers aint you. wit NO real understanding abou shit

lok at how many fukin posts i'v tapped away at here, and they haven't been short ones neither. tap tap tappin away. fo fukin WHAT. to come to this?

you two idiots closing my fukin threads, cause of OTHERidiots who because they cannpot discuss matruely end up posting rubbish abuse

bu you see, i coulda took it. know why? cause i UNDERSTAND those reactions. even though they are well tediious. specially when your on te receiving end of ther childish tantrums

listen up lads. WHENone tries to expor someting as contoversionaly dynamite as the possibility of criminals running our lives and staging atrocities etcetc. of fuking COURSE you are gonna get pople who simply cannot face this, and all ther fear is going to spew out. OBVIOUSLY....softlads

NOW IFthat upsets you---though sweet fuk ..its MEtakin the brunt. then you shouold moderate THEIR shit, NOT the fukin thread. thus censoring any more exploration of the subject. which ytou hafe done

yo two haveput up with fukin racist foools putting out FAR FAR moe offensive shit over the time i've been here. yet a serious investigation about such a subject as 9/11 etc you chooose to show your true fascist colours.

you have greatly let down these forums . i only stuck around cause i believed it to be quite a free forum. you dont thik it was cause of the lvel of intelligence of the majority of themembers do you?

not a fukin ONE has offered me any suport thru your foolish actions. not a one. yet i HAVEoffered support to some others you've picked on and banned in the past

Also onta one has spoken up for free speech, cept just a few i noticewin thelast flurry of tis thread

but i repeat. you have reall reall let dow tewse fprums with your little-hitler attitudes, and quelled serious inquiry about one of THE MOST important investigations.

shame on you!

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

duendy:

So, what now? Will you be leaving us? Ok then. Good luck.

19. Alejandro -2 Minutes To Midnight- Registered Senior Member

It is the same post over and over.

aaahhaaa ha
    and your crying "they closed my thread, boohoohoo."

20. leopold Valued Senior Member

first of all what did you think about the website i sent you in the pm?

second you speak of discussing things maturly while you apply numerology and the occult to the events of 911.

21. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Well having read this I think I know now where duendy has gone! You've offeneded her. Duendy does repeat the same theme in every reply but does demonstrate humour and add value to a thread. I'm not sure why though if ther thread was not serving any purpose and was full of flames why she obejcted to it being closed. I've had a few of mine moved and closed, never bothered me a jot, I even requested one go to cesspool myself! People die, threads die duendy, such is life, can't keep them going forever! Maybe she was after a 'record'?

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Humour? You got to be kidding.

23. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

wow looks like duendy has finally snapped, and i am pissing myself with laughter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.