Goofy is pissing me off

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by wesmorris, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

*rant on*

Okay, so I understand that a mod has to do whatever he thinks is right or whatever. Goofy decides he doesn't like the word "fuck" in his forums. Now, I use this word a lot by nature but out of respect for his multiple requests to stop it, I stop it.

Of course he threatened to delete my posts if I used the word, as if I was doing it on purpose to piss him off. Sometimes my posts are so long and I'm just typing my thoughts and it comes out before I catch it.. but anyway..

So I see Tiassa uses the word "phuck" instead so I think hey, if Tiassa uses it, it must be fine. I use it and f***ing goofy deletes my post and treats me like a F***ing child telling me that "phuck" is not different than "fuck". He was kind enough to mail me my post after he deleted it so I could edit it and post it again. I do so and instead of "phuck" I use "f***".

He deletes my post again.

F*** THAT. THAT'S A BUNCH OF F***ING BULLSHIT. I'm trying to be NICE and BEHAVE like a good boy for Goofy, because I somewhat understand his plight... but WTF?

In the context I was using it at the time, I couldn't figure a better word than F***UPEDNESS to describe what I was talking about. If you want rules regarding language, f***ing POST them so there is no grey area.

*rant off*

I understand that the mods have "subjective interpretation" power, but uh... well this seems like bullshit to me. Maybe I'm just pissed off.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. heflores Banned Banned

The first time, I communicated with Wes, I found the language a bit off, but I got used to it now, it doesn't bother me that wes uses cus words, actually I'd think he's sick or making fun of me if he didn't.

Goofy is cool though, he is so close to ban me from the site, but oh well, we can always part as friends.

Last edited: May 2, 2003
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

wes,

If he gives you a chance to edit your post before trashing it completely then you have the chance to delete the words...curse words don't describe much and can be interpretted in many ways.

Example with someone who hates Pres Bush
    Before: I hate that fucking president
    After editting: I hate that lying, hypocritial president

Goofy is trying to make the discussions in the forum less about blind emotion and more about facts and rational arguements.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vertigoll Gringorican Registered Senior Member

Thats what it seems like to me. So long as you don't use the words as often as Wes did in his post just then, it seems fine. An occasional swear every few posts could be interpreted as the persons way of expressing himself.. though not in the best of ways. Or .. Yeah, I think thats what i'm trying to say. Curse words are often found in the dictionary and have specific definitions which are different then how we use them typically.. But it doesen't really matter.. We all know what they mean so I'm for letting a few slide, but if it gets out of hand it is definetly the moderators good judgement in whether or not the post should be edited or deleted completely.

8. ben lomond Registered Senior Member

Fucking hell Wes, it fucking don't look fucking good man. May I suggest a sneaky scots equivilant? " Yerafuckinwiddenbampot." Meaning, "You are without intellectual integrity." Try it Wes, he'll never notice.

9. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

wesmorris grow up. someone lock this topic

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

That's really constructive, thanks jerk.

11. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Are you suggesting that because I used the wordish thing "F***", I have no intellectual integrity?

12. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

ya sure, considering this topic you made is real constructive. if you can't take some english courses and learn to write and speak without saying a cuss then thats your problem and not the forums.

13. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

My only point was that I was attempting to cooperate, which annoys me greatly in the first place of course... and he STILL treats me like a punk. Granted it's not anything to write home about, but it's still annoying (though I was much more annoyed about it when I started this thread). He asked that I not use the word "fuck" and then deleted my post (that took me an hour to write, and had some excellent shit in it) when I used the term "f***". I wasn't trying to be a bitch, I thought that would suffice.

Eh, it's not that big of a deal but still, it IS annoying to me.

14. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

maybe.... hmm.... because you ARE A PUNK

15. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Re: wes,

Yes I understand ALLLL that, it's just that uh, that's how it comes out of my head.... so you know.. apparently my head is an inconveniance for those who try to pretend that "naughty words" don't exist. It's a stupid variable kind of multi-use word that is used as commonly as "the" in some arenas. If we pretend to be "above" it does that make us cooler somehow? IT'S A STUPID FUCKING WORD. WHY GIVE IT ANY CREDENCE IN TERMS OF GOOD OR BAD by the nature of its use alone.

In a sense, my words are an artform to me... I like them as they come, for it's in that form that they MOVE me.... and frankly, I'm stupified that we would stop to give this topic importance in the first place. Argh. *shrug*

16. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

NO, I'm a fucking MAN. I have a style to how I do things. Generally people who have stiff things shoved too far up their asses reject my words on their appearance alone. IMO, that's just SHALLOW.. think that applies in your case jerky?

17. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

A word is coming to me... ah yes... PUNK

You talk about cooperating and yet you keep swearing.

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You are talking out your ass dickweed. You obviously haven't read my posts.

19. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

Shallow is not being able to express yourself without using swears

20. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I'm not in HIS forum now.

21. Greg Bernhardt www.physicsforums.com Registered Senior Member

What exactly is a dickweed? Something that just "comes out of my head" lol

22. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

This is your definition of shallow? Uhm... did you think about that before you posted it?

23. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It's what my first and most favorite drill seargent called me the first time he looked at me on the first day of basic training, it's a term of endearment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.