GRAAAAH! RAP/HIPHOP MUSIC!God someone help me im going insane!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Squashbuckler, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Squashbuckler Registered Senior Member

ROFL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Squashbuckler Registered Senior Member

Re: GOD..RaP...hElP...kIll....FitTY...cENt.....ArgGH

God, that gave me agreat morning laugh!!!!
    Thanks guyute...
    Call me a pussy, but right now im listening to yanni.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

ok getting upset..

It is agreed....i cant spell, so sue me.......but still i can spell this, R-A-P-S-U-C-K-S.......end of story

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Yanni....good man that Yanni is..

Ah Yanni....i love the way he looks. Havent really heard him play yet....i will make an attempt to do that though.....thank you though for agreeing with me on the subject of rap.(sorry for everyone who likes it

)

8. PacingYourName Registered Senior Member

I Hate rap music! Dont bash i most likely will not return too this thread

9. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

weak ling rap monkeys....on chains

Oooookkkkk....then

?

well then squashbuckler...........we agree......RAP SUCKS......by the way i just picked up the new RadioHead Album and it is pretty decent........its not any Kid A or OK Computer though....

10. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Rap, Yanni

Hey, Yanni is cool! Rap makes you feel angry, Yanni makes you feel peaceful. Music is powerful.

11. Squashbuckler Registered Senior Member

FRAGGLE AND GUYUTE

Great to see that some agree

One of my friends was realy into readiohead, but i just couldnt get into it =(
    Yanni makes you feel like your flying...
    There are so many great songs..
    My personal favourite feel good song is:

Boston- What a feeling

Everyone go download it!
    Now thats a good song!

juno reactor is good too. Speaking of which, they did a lot of the soundtrack for the matrix 2. Its was a wicked action movie! go check it out if you havent seen it!

Something about women in latex.... w00t!

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Hmm... Boston

If you like that "power pop" from the late 1970s and early 1980s, there were quite a few bands working in that genre at the time. The structure, techniques, and energy of heavy metal, but with more upbeat melodies and lyrics. Check out Def Leppard's albums "High and Dry" and "Pyromania," Foreigner's first four albums, Loverboy's first couple, the Kings' "the Kings Are Here," the Cars first three, maybe about two songs by Red Ryder.

There are a few groups trying to do a mini-revival of the genre, Creed being perhaps the best of them. They've got the feeling and the upbeat message, but they just don't have the guitar virtuosity. If you like power chords, intense vamps and cool guitar solos, you have to go back 20 - 25 years.

13. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

More than a feeling....BOSTON RULES!!!!!!

14. fredx Banned Banned

rap, hip-hop rules, we need some bonecrusher, "i ain't never scared".

15. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Yes it is....among many other genres of music..each have their place in socieites.

I am disappointed in all of you...i read posts by everyone here and i realized that you were smart, competent people but this dissapoints me. Rap is just another form of music...it represents something to someone...what gives you the right to put it down. Have some respect you guys...rap is a form of music born out of social turmoil and experience of isolation and frustration experienced by many of the african american youth...insulting that is a put down to that. I agree a lot of mainstream rap is rather mind nummbing but Rap has many great stars....don't take away all the work they did.

Many don't like rock, many hate techno but they all fail to realize that It is just another form of expression and who are we to put that down.....Freedom of words is our gift..don't abuse it..embrace it....i am really diappointed, i expect this behavior from ignorant childern...not competent, willing and smart posters like you

16. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

The criticisms of rap, or of any contemporary music, remind me of my mother denouncing Elvis 45 years ago. Apparently some of us who swore we'd never turn into our parents were not able to uphold that oath.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2003
  17. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Its all too easy to use "in da club" lyrics to point out how rap sucks.
    But its no different than any other genre. At least 90% of each suck ass.
    If anything I find rap in general more tolerable than say metal.
    All that 20 inch dubs, bling bling shit needs to fuck off and die but there is heaps of good rap out there as well.

18. Mitch1984 The Illest Registered Senior Member

I can't really defend hip-hop with 50 Cent.

The Notorious B.I.G. is the benchmark lyrically.

People say Nas is a good lyricist, but the sound of his voice isn't powerful enough for me to bother listening to his lyrics.

B.I.G.'s voice automatically makes me listen.

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I think RZA/Bobby digital has the most attention grabbing voice in rap. Awesome lyrics too.

20. fredx Banned Banned

Nas is the best rapper ever.

my top ten list of rappers:
    1. Nas
    2. Jay-z
    3. Styles P
    4. Jadakiss
    5. Eminem
    6. 50 Cent
    7. Scarface
    8. Big Pun (deceased)
    10. Mobb Deep

21. prozak Banned Banned

Rap is excellent music for praising Our Lord.

22. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

sure.....what lord would that be?

23. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Rap music is TERRIBLE. I'm not talking about hip-hop. RAP. People like Jay-Z are just flat out plain shitty. Boring, mindless fucks with NOTHING to say. Hip-hop takes a lot of skill and I respect them for the time and effort they put into their "music", but I just still don't like hip-hop. Not my thing.

Rap is crap. As someone said before, you can't spell crap without rap. That's one of the best insults to this piece of shit genre of music I've ever heard.

All corporate music blows, but rap is the worst. I could go on and on about why it's so shitty and ask question like why do people listen to it because there is so much better music out there(and I'm not just looking at this arguement with a biased state of mind for metal music, although everyone knows metal is the best).

Rap music is for people who need an image. It seperates individuality from the individual, replacing it with a trend. It's trendy to wear your pants off of your ass with solid blue, white, yellow, or other loud colored shirts with a baseball cap and a short, SHORT haircut.

The walk thing. The rims on the cars. It's all worthless. Everyone should be killed.