Gravities Mechanism

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Little Bang, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Little Bang Registered Member

I find it interesting how I'm the one without an open mind.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

That's because you are the one basing your argument solely on your own opinion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Not only is your argument based only on your opinion but you said you are going to stick to it in the face of evidence against it. That is sort of the definition of a closed mind.

brucep likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

The authority that science has in human affairs is not vested in authority figures like priests and kings, but rather in the public record of all human observation. The pseudo-scientist sees only a lofty position of authority and attempts to usurp it with window dressing without substance.

brucep and paddoboy like this.
  8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's not beat around the bush.
    Firstly, you posted this in the science section originally, although it has been moved since.....a "mistake" that many alternative hypothesis pushers make.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The position taken by you at this time reflects nothing but arrogance, an inflated ego, and ignorance at ignoring the giants of the present and past.
    Nothing wrong with an open mind, and nothing wrong with "speculative scenarios" as long as one recognises that one has nothing but personal speculation.
    Are you a physicist? Are you an Astronomer? or maybe a Cosmologist?
    Do you have access to WMAP, GP-B, Spitzer, Planck, or any of the other many probes that have been sent aloft.

rpenner pointed out the error in your ways as early as post 4.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I do have this as "liked" and now since the initiator of the OP has referred another to here, that paragraph needs repeating.

10. Little Bang Registered Member

He never attempted to understand the idea and never gave any evidence that I am wrong. I am sure he considered his response was adequate. I know that forums get thousands if not millions of posts that do not have any chance. So many that it is easy to become hardened and not spend any time trying to understand the idea, I know because I'm the same way.

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Sure he did, but he like everyone else had their job certainly cut out.
    Just a typical jumbled up word salad, was all it was.
    As they say, although they certainly did laugh at Galileo, they also laughed at Bozo the clown.

brucep likes this.
  12. brucep Valued Senior Member

I'll just write this down real quick since it has something to say about our weak field universe. The following is a comparison for proper tick rates between a clock on the surface of the earth and a clock on the surface of the moon. The first component of the Schwarzschild metric.
    Geometric units
    dTau = (1-2M/r)^1/2 dt

So we can compare the surface of the earth to the surface of the moon.

dTau_earth = (1-2M_earth/r_earth)^1/2 / dTau_moon = (1-2M_moon/r_moon)^1/2

M_earth = .00444 meter
    M_moon = .000054612 meter
    r_earth = 6.371E6 meter
    r_moon = 1,738,100 meter

To lazy to write it completely out

= .999999999/1 = .999999999

So for every .999999999 tick on the surface of the earth there's 1 tick on the surface of the moon. The moon clock runs ~ 1 billionth of a second faster. That's pretty much how it works in the weak field. All the clocks tick very close to the tick rate at theory boundary which is 1. The moons probably a trillionth of a second slower than the clock at boundary but I don't have a calc to handle so many decimal points. The SR component is meaningless to this analysis since any relative velocity between the clock on the earth and the clock on the moon is relatively small. All the stuff the cranks get off on is their personal misinterpretation of what's actually happening. Newton didn't have a chance to know anything about theses infinitesimal differences in relative time and length.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    origin and OnlyMe like this.
  13. Little Bang Registered Member

Here is something Einstein said.

"I believe in intuition and inspiration. … At times I feel certain I am right while not knowing the reason. When the eclipse of 1919 confirmed my intuition, I was not in the least surprised. In fact I would have been astonished had it turned out otherwise. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution. It is, strictly speaking, a real factor in scientific research."

14. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Man the pseudo-science guys love that quote! They skip over the insight of that quote (or maybe they just don't get it at all) and go straight to saying, "Einstein says I don't need no education or none of that gol darn book learnin', all I got to do is imagine stuff and I'm a scientist. How sad....

brucep likes this.
  15. brucep Valued Senior Member

These cranks are just trolling the grown up members of this forum. Intellectually grown up. How many times have you read that same asinine quote from a asinine crank in this forum.? It's beyond me how devoid of logic these people are. Let's just hope this particular troll isn't as dumb in the workplace as he is here.

16. brucep Valued Senior Member

Public speaking probably wasn't one of Alberts strong suits. Writing down amazing physics was. So if you really want to know what he thinks about scholarship you should learn how general relativity works. Not how you imagine it works.

17. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

Einstein made that statement after receiving his degrees in physics, publishing SR and GR, receiving the Nobel prize.