Gravity

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by timojin, Jul 21, 2016.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Like the cocky on the biscuit tin, you ain't in it!

Gibberish? Pseudoscience? fabricated nonsense?

Take your pick!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

So far with relation to gravity, it has been shown with many reputable links that,
    [1] The galaxy/s move through the universe according to the laws of gravity:
    [2] BH's of course also move through the universe at incredible speeds, and are a essential part of most galaxies anyway.
    [3]Spinning [Kerr BH,s] can and do, [as per the reputable papers submitted] tend to throw some matter out via the polar regions in what we recognise as polar jets, and as a result of the magnetic fields and field lines that twist with the BH's spin.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4936v3.pdf

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.4936v3.pdf

Many more papers available and already given in this thread, and still we have the apparent obstinate ignorance of a crank or two, who just are in total and irrelevant denial.

Science moves on and progresses as per the professionals in academia, not as per cranks and trolls on a public forum.

cue: Another rash of insults and spitting the dummy!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. The God Valued Senior Member

We really do not know about the motion of Galaxy as such. Yes there are claims about satellite galaxies to our MW, yes there are claims that Andromeda is inching towards us, yes there are claims that we are moving towards some zone called great attractor, yest there are claims that our Galaxy has certain motion with respect to CMB. In totality we have not been able to freeze any motion or gravitational arragnement as we have done for our solar system or even many many stars of our own Galaxy. That makes this statement quite meaningless. What is law of gravity in the context ? Paddoboy does not know. He will say it is GR, its like what is CMB he will give the full form with few copy pastes. Most of the viewed galaxies are small dots, making a statement that they move through universe accoding to the law of gravity makes no sense. Its like an aeroplane moving through sky under the law of Aerodynamics.

First and foremost it is not positively necessary that a BH is the ESSENETIAL part of MOST galaxies. We do not have means or even the statistical data to establish that. There are evidences that many galaxies do have an SMBH at the center. The statement cannot be extended to most galaxies, when billions of such galaxies are there in the universe, when the existing concept of BH is also questioned repeatedly. As far as motion of a BH is concerened, there are two aspect, when as a wanderer and second as a part of galaxy. Paddoboy, you, will never understand that with the present definition of BH, it is impossible for a BH to move in solo wanderer form, it makes no sense. It is poposcience claims or arXive papers. Yes, change the concept of a BH to a massed object like MECO etc, things will be different, but thats not going to happen so soon.

word salad without necessary ingradients. Total gibberish.
    This is not even half cooked. The physics behind polar jets or relativistic jets is not well understood. Anyways Paddoboy made an asserion to some one that 'BH spin' repels the matter, thats lack of basics understanding of Physics. Then he camouflaged the topic with his copy pastes and now bringing in various copy pastes with reference to polar jets, magnetic field lines, twists...nothing which he understands.

The ludicrous thing is that Paddoboy claims equity with Rpenner, while occassionaly reciting being-layman-raga. He has made statement in the past that he and Rpenner supplied few links to clarify certain points, dreadful in league with Rpenner !! Many here knows what Paddoboy is, but his illiterate and incorrect assertions must be curbed by some one whom he obeys, but thats a task, whom does he obey ??

PS : The above is not a statement on the topic, it is just to highlight how posts after posts Paddoboy is crapping and no official member is taking him on. Staff is unaware or deliberately silent that this place is becoming pop physics where likes of Paddoboys have become experts and any scope of decent argument is badly fucked by him.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's reply to the above desperation rant first, before we attend to the science.
    People are not "taking me on" because essentially I am correct, as I have been with most all exchanges with you from your denial that BH's even exist, to the inane claims that GP-B and aLIGO results were fraudulent.
    And of course the "pop physics" as you call it, arxiv papers by professionals and articles are always five or six rungs above your unsupported pseudoscience that thankfully on most occasions the mods are awake to and have moved to alternative, pseudoscience and cesspool. "nuff said on that.
    Except of course all we ever here is you whinging and refusal to reference all that you say...why? Because you are unable to.

Nonsense. Cosomology is far more attuned and knowledgable of the workings of our galaxy than you would ever give it credit for.
    Our local group, including M31 are gravitationally bound, and being attracted to what is known as the "Great Attractor"
    Cosmologists are reasonably confident in that data and knowledge, but of course if you have anything reputable [even pop science

] to the contrary, then the balls in your court. But again, you can't and you won't.

The only thing that makes no sense is your apparent ignorance of the laws of gravity as per Newtonian, and of course under the more accurate and wide ranging GR. And no, no copy n pastes this time, as such basic physics again trumps the crank claims that you are making, and again unsupported in any way shape or forum....pure rhetorical nonsense!

Firstly the concept of BH's are well near certain, particularly since aLIGO...Secondly that they are thought to exist at the center of most large galaxies and of late even smaller ones, is well understood and supported by plenty of data, despite the obvious cop out you raise re the fact that we have not checked all the galaxies in the observable universe and beyond.
    We have plenty of evidence direct and indirect to support the fact that SMBH's should exist at the center of most galaxies.
    Also of late, the problem re these SMBH's and the time frame they form in is closer to being solved as per the appropriate thread on that fact, which I will link to once I straighten and correct this current nonsense.
    But that's another issue.

BH's, even SMBH's do move at near relativistic speeds in some circumstances and as detailed in a recent article and link, which like most science you apparently ignore.

In essesnce, it is not impossible for any BH to move in solo wandering scenario.

Word Salad? Exactly what Dave and Russ have labeled your contribution with...can't you do any better?

an arXiv scientific paper by a professional is not word salad because that's what you are saying.

Of course again you are wrong...and at least six papers I have proudly posted support my stance.
    Let me reiterate.......
    Spinning [Kerr BH,s] can and do, [as per the reputable papers submitted] tend to throw some matter out via the polar regions in what we recognise as polar jets, and as a result of the magnetic fields and field lines that twist with the BH's spin.

Wow!!! Equity with rpenner! Not on your Nelly and again shows the desperation tactics you stoop to when cornered.
    Certainly rpenner has posted reputable papers as have most members, so how is that claiming equity.
    More to the point was your whinging last week re Plasma Inferno posting too much science!

I mean really my friend! Isn't it time you took a step back and reviewed what a reflection your nonsensical posts have on yourself...and why most end up in the fringes?
    I'm not your enemy, I 'm simply here because I'm interested in science, and I do not like cranks flooding the science forums with nonsense, as you have been attempting to do.
    Finally, if I am wrong on any issue here or on the many issues in the past, all you need do is support your claims with a reputable link. Yet you continually ignore that request and expect people/members to bow down to your unsupported mostly pseudoscientific claims and not say anything?

Guess what? It doesn't work that way.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  8. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Here is the link I promised........
    http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/S...tudied_with_Sardinia_Radio_Telescope_999.html

Supermassive and Supersonic - Black Hole Studied with Sardinia Radio Telescope
    by Staff Writers
    Rome, Italy (SPX) Jul 26, 2016

These false color images show the cluster of galaxy 3C 129 at radio, X-ray, and near-infrared bands. Left: superposition of the SRT image at 6.6 GHz (red) with the X-ray emission of the hot intracluster medium (blue). Top-right: Very Large Array image at 1.4 GHz. Bottom-right: high-resolution VLA image at 4.7 GHz (red) overlayed to an image of the black hole host galaxy in the near-infrared. Image courtesy NRAO; ROSAT satellite; the Two Micron All Sky Survey.
    Using the brand-new Sardinia Radio Telescope (SRT), a giant parabolic dish of 64 meters diameter, a team of astronomers from the Italian National Institute for Astrophysics (INAF) and the University of Cagliari have produced a detailed image of a supermassive black hole proceeding at high speed towards the core of the distant cluster of galaxies designed as 3C 129. The results are going to be published in the scientific journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

The black hole sits at the center of an elliptical galaxy some at 300 million light-years from Earth. The black hole and its galaxy are in collision course with a nearby galaxy cluster, pulled by the gravitational force generated by the huge concentration of dark matter, galaxies, and hot gas.

The radio images reveal that the black hole is actively accreting matter. Part of this material is not falling into the black hole but expelled into two streams of plasma that merge to form a spectacular tail much longer than the size of the galaxy itself.
    more................................

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member