Great victory over political correctness and leftist propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ultron, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What would I have done with the Japanese Americans during WWII? Simple - I would have let them alone! If someone is suspected of espionage, then you investigate them - you don't round up tens of thousands of your own LEGAL CITIZENS for the terrible crime of having a specific ancestry... and, in fact, the US deemed later that what it did was wrong, and paid reparations for it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment_of_Japanese_Americans

Equally important is the fact that many of the forcibly relocated citizens were second or third generation...
    Oh, then there is the fact that something around 20 thousand Japanese Americans served in the US Military during WWII... and served quite admirably!

Almighty Knowing Liberal? No... hardly. I'm simply not a paranoid delusional dunce with his head up his ass... I'm willing and able to call out racism or bigotry when I see it.

Oh, yes, lets further curtail our rights in favor of... what, exactly? Security? Nationalism?... Neo-Federalism/Neo-Nazism?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_and_Sedition_Acts
    Thankfully, "The Sedition Act and the Alien Friends Act were allowed to expire in 1800 and 1801, respectively."

So, what a shock... you are wrong, AGAIN, about what is or is not fact or even law... all that remains is the alien enemies act, as sections 21 thru 24 of Title 50 in the United States Code.

Now, obviously in a wartime scenario, there are causes to prevent the dissemination of sensitive information (such as the knowledge that the Japanese Depth Charges were fuzed too shallow, and thus were ineffective against US Submarines - thanks to Andrew J. May flapping his howling yapper(link) - or such things as knowledge / implication that the US has cracked enemy encryption for messages, such as what the Chicago Tribune implied in 1942, which may have prompted the Japanese changing of their codes, thus removing the advantage of having broken said codes). However, effectively incarcerating over a hundred thousand people, many of whom are legal citizens, is NOT the way to handle it.

I have no doubt you will ignore the simple facts and instead make an impassioned (yet incredibly incorrect) response... it does seem to be your modus operandi after all...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. billvon Valued Senior Member

We do indeed.

Mexicans are rapists. You can get away with grabbing women by the pussy if you're famous. Obama is a Muslim Kenyan whose birth certificate is a fraud. No one respects Obama. Vaccines are dangerous. She was menstruating; that's why she was a bitch. Punch those protesters; I will pay for your legal bills if you do. I wish we could beat them like we did in the olden days. Heck, I could stand in the street and shoot someone and people will still vote for me. Ted Cruz and Lee Harvey Oswald have a connection.

Where did all that dirt come from?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I would have recruited the Japanese into the military as translators and spies. I bet some of them were. We were subjected to espionage, but by the Russians, and they didn't use Russians to do it. I certainly would not have judged a bunch of innocent people without cause and taken their property. Note that our country has not exactly had a stellar record with regard to prosecuting sedition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacco_and_Vanzetti

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.