Greatest ever politician?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Nebuchadnezzaar, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

who was the best politician of all time?
    and why?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Octavian, for the way he manipulated all of Rome.

Bismarck, for united the German states with a lie.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

i think Augustus was an excellent Emperor,

Clinton was funny,

Churchill was a true politician

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Machiavelli, for his making an art of divide et empera

8. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

Nixon was amazing, as a politican. '68 come back, Southern Strategy, the "New don't-have-Dick Nixon-to-kick-around" etc.

Anyone remember Hitler? Rapidly acented through power to take over in the space of a few years. Played the allies like clay in hand. Amazing stuff he did even before the war. Wasn't quite the general though, thank God for that.

9. Algiz Registered Member

i'd say stalin, hard enough to hold onto power when most people in your country hate you and you are not the heir aparant (trotsky was). plus foreigners are trying to manipulate your government.

he did all that, and he saved russia from being crushed by germany by developing it into an industrial war machine

10. foadi Registered Senior Member

The only great politician is a dead politician. No, wait. They are even scum when they're dead. Fuck all politicians. They are all terrorist scum.

11. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Hitler is one the greatest motivator of all time. He knows how to get people to bust their asses for him. He is very good at giving public speeches also. A friend of mine says he is way better than Martin Luthur King at giving public speeches.

Ronald Reagan is absolutely incredible. Probably the best political strategist ever. You should read any autobiography about him. It blows your mind how brilliant he is.

Genghis Khan is amazing considering what he has accomplished. Mongolia's army was outnumbered by every country by at least 10:1 but they still kicked ass. Mongolia conquering China at that time was equivalent of Siri Lanka conquering US. Okay maybe not quite but not too far off. Genghis Khan as a person was known to be very driven.

12. GL3Vector Sword Inactive Not Retire Registered Senior Member

Huey P. Long, the list is long. He made it for best and worst depending upon category.

13. Zero Banned Banned

Nowadays...I would pick Clinton. He's rotten to the core, he's had affairs, lotsa people hate him but he is a really good politician. A brilliant one, I might venture to say.

14. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Dick Morris claims all credit to his success. I actually agree with him. Clinton's approval rating was abysimal before he took on Dick as his advisor. Dick was very unpopular with the rest of his administrative staff because Bill listens to no one but him. Gore didn't have Dick on his team and that definitely have hurt him.

15. Zero Banned Banned

Well? He knows when someone will help him a lot. He also fought off the pressure and kept Greenspan in office. Mighty good thing.

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Temugin, better known as Ghengis Khan. First united the other 6 tribes of the mongols and defeated the opressive Kara-Kitai and their leader named Kushluk. Then he sweapt out across the old world and conquered everything in his path using superb military tactics but allways offered the option of surrender to all but traitors. Those conquered were treated as equals and allowed to largely go about their lives uneffected. He only attacked civilians when they tried to draw the blood of his soldiers. Even then, he gave them a second chance.

He united most of the world in a single, unopressive, kingdom that was largely peaceful after the initial assault. They forced no religion or life style on anybody. It only failed due to 3 factors. Saladin, Charlmalaign (almost assuredly misspelled), and fighting between children.

He was more than just a military leader, he was a politicien and he managed day to day affairs of the largest nation in the world's history. He was loved by his military, appreciated by his people, and respected by the more knowledgeable of his people. And all this from a animistic culture who didnt ever have their own written language.

17. thecurly1 Registered Senior Member

foadi how are politicans terrorists? You have no point here except for an illogical whiney rambel.

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

My pick? President Bush. He's done and said the stupidest things, he's managed to piss off thousands of countries, and the fact that his presidency was won because of some voting mishap... Priceless.