Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Your own implication there was that your ideology was the only one that was uncorrupted. None the less - even with this statement, your desire to look down upon those who think differently than you is evident. Thanks for that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By your words, then, you are "duty bound" to denounce most major religions and try to tell all of their followers they are wrong. Let me know how that works for you, especially in the Middle East areas.

And here we have your incredible dishonesty on display - I already did quote you. Read the post before you blather an inane reply, and maybe you will save yourself from looking like a fool.

No, they are not. No one else can do what Christ came to do, because he has fulfilled the old laws - by his own words - "It is done." Thus, it is not there to be done again.

Cute, but irrelevant. We can become "like" Christ in that we follow God's laws. We cannot become "like" Christ in becoming the perfect lamb of God, freely given to absolve Man of their sin.

So you believe in Jesus Christ, but not in God (or some other Divine)? What do you attribute Christs calling of the Father to, then? Was Christ speaking metaphorically? If that is what you believe, then what was Christ saying when he cried "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani" How would you explain the miracles attributed to Christ, such as restoring the sight of a blind man, or curing a leper?

Congratulations, one of your youngest nations on Earth hasn't caught up with the rest of the world on socio-economic issues. There's a shocker...
    You are, however, attempting to attribute a problem of Greed to the teachings of Religion. As far as the rest - I would suggest looking at Pre-American history... there is quite a lot of it, you know.

How would you suggest an immortal being (possibly even an immaterial being) "step up to die"?

That is exactly what God did - Christ is not separate from God, but rather is God come to Earth. You seem to have a problem with that idea...

See above.

Oh, and where, pray tell, does it say that post the death and Resurrection of Christ?

Ah, and here we come to the crux of your REAL issue - you just don't like it, and so you want it gone. Good thing your fixation is on Religion and not, say, skin colour, or else your rabid fixation would be all the more obvious to everybody.

So you claim that having knowledge of Good and Evil is enough to be God? I would say that the passage states quite plainly that the statement was "Like God, they know both Good and Evil".

Here's a way that will make it as plain as I can possibly make it for you - Knowing the difference between a Sirloin Steak and a Pork Chop does not make you a butcher. Having knowledge of what a triple bypass is does not make you a cardiovascular surgeon. Knowing how to change your oil does not make you a Mechanic.

That sentence doesn't even make sense on its own merits, let alone in any rational context.

See above - how do you suggest an immortal being die?
    Also, Jesus said himself: "The Scriptures also say, 'You must not test the LORD your God.'" (Luke 4:12). There is also Matthew 4:7 - Jesus responded, "The Scriptures also say, 'You must not test the LORD your God.'" and Deuteronomy 6:16 - You must not test the LORD your God as you did when you complained at Massah.

But please, continue to argue in circles.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Would you condemn a person for using Raid to remove an infestation of fire ants as opposed to digging up his entire home to relocate said nest?

Show me a single man that can commit genocide OR cure on his own.

Go ahead and challenge God to fisticuffs - I'll wait.

I was born - take a gander: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/why-are-we-born-sinners-a-bible-study/

He didn't - or have you already forgotten the events of Genesis that you quoted just a few short moments prior?

See Genesis 3.

Actually, it would be the Serpent that convinced Eve to disobey God, who then convinced Adam to eat.

So you are claiming that God should have given us "Free Will", yet also limited us to making "Good choices". Doesn't that seem to require an omission of the "free" part of "Free Will"?

I think you are just being intentionally pedantic for the sake of being argumentative.

There was one who did not Sin - Christ.

*wipes away a tear* Oh my, I needed that laugh. Me, jealous of you? You who is so arrogant as to think himself better than the bulk of the worlds population? You, who thinks you would have cause to stand and judge your Creator?

That is rich. Go away little Troll - nobody is buying the snake oil you are peddling.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Well, some church hierarchies are moving towards equality of women and gays and that is due to pressure from the majority, and since they pay the bills, the minority view or the hierarchies are bending to the view of the money.

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Not differently. I like diversity in thought as that is always good to look at in case I can learn from it. Different as in poorly is what I go after so that I might help improve the thinking of others the way I was helped by the thought of better people. I am not surprised at your attitude though as you think yourself the teacher when you should be thinking of yourself as the student.

I need not go that far but do a comparison and note that Christianity is no better than Islam. Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I.

What is dishonest is you making statements and then refusing to back it up with facts. Do try to keep your childish name calling to a minimum, you do not want to look like the tyrant you accuse me of being.

Ok. Ignore your own scripture and let Jesus just hang there waiting for the brethren you say do not or cannot exist. This whole verse is garbage to you is it?

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I would call you a cherry picker but I try to be civil with your type of hypocrite.

Shall I cherry pick the verses where Jesus himself says that any that believe in him could do everything he did and more. Nah. why bother since you do not believe in what the bible says.

Irrelevant to you but not to those who believe in what the bible says. God's law says to rest on the Sabbath and Jews, like Jesus used to stone people for working on the Sabbath until Jesus reminded them that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. That also implies that Jesus, rightfully so, would say that Gods and religions are made to serve man and not for man to serve them. You wish to serve God when God/Jesus said he cam to serve us. For a God who does not change, you sure think he changed his ways. As to absolving us og sin. I guess you did not follow Bishop Spong's link or you would not follow that immoral tenet where you profit from
    shedding your responsibility by putting your punishment onto an innocent man. Quite immoral that but morality does not seem to be your forte.

I do not believe in the Roman created Jesus you do. Some of his moral tenets are not moral at all. Like the substitutionary atonement that you like so much where the innocent are punished instead of the guilty. I also think his no divorce rule is immoral as it forces people to live in loveless ot abusive situations. You could say I have a belief in God, but not your supernatural imaginary one. That one is quite the immoral prick than to being a genocidal son murderer.

I do like the other Jesus whose quotes above you reject. That is a more mystical esoteric Jesus who makes a lot more sense and has better morals than yours.

Tradition from better thinkers than the literalist fools that Christianity and Islam became. Here is a link that shows the more intelligent thinking than yours.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further, many people, ancient and modern, use(d) the word father when describing the teacher they seek internally where Jesus says we will find our Christ mind. Freud and Jung, a Gnostic developed what they called the Father complex which really was an old complex that they just modernised.

You may have forgotten that before Christianly was born, most Gods were seen as endogenous with both male and female characteristics. Christianity wanted to denigrate women so much and make them second class that they took the feminine out of God. Gnostic Christians on the other hand tend to give women what I call equality plus. We place women and children above us since we feel strongly about our duty to family.

What every intelligent man thinks, fiction. That or myth with a message that is lost when reading scriptures literally.
    So this is how you deflect from answering my question.

Was Jesus not also how you describe the Father.

Your deflection as to ignore your God's immorality as well as yours is duly noted. A moral man would have just answered my question.

Who cast Satan into Eden with the power to deceive Eve?

Please show the dialog where Eves convinced Adam.

I ignored the rest of the inane deflections you used when you could not apologise properly for your genocidal son murdering God, so I think one more round of your foolishness is about all I can take before I ask you to take your hypocrisy out of my O.P. or simply ignore you.

If you are an example of a Christian apologist, you get a fail so far.

Regards
    DL

8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

@ GIA

I thank you'r message may hit to close to home for some... especialy those who never got over the crushin blow that Santa an Easter Bunny wasnt real... so insted of acknowledgin that Gods are superstition they definitely hold on to an empty space in ther heads an harts for "God-Saviors".!!!

9. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

That is all due to their brainwashing toward faith instead of facts, logic and reason.

Note how in the last two posts from our friend, the moment facts, reason and moral logic were presented, he tucked tail and ran. I was getting enough of idol worshiping guys like him before and put a little thing together for all the idol worshipers and literalists who think myths are reality.

----------

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
    “Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
    “Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes their mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
    DL

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think we have officially hit the point where this is no longer even an attempt at religious discussion, and can call this what it is - alternative theory at best, occult at worst.

11. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree with this, thanks to you with your deflections and inane replies or outright ignoring pertinent questions.

A decent apologist, you are not. Our friend above pegged you right with his vie that some "hold on to an empty space in their heads an hearts for "God-Saviors".!!!

You my friend are just hanging on to your get out of hell free card because of fear and your morality somehow allows you to put tour own responsibility for your sins onto an innocent man.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Thanks for showing us your Christian morality and your inability to justify it.

Now we are through here.

Regards
    DL

12. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

And that's how they choose their leaders, is it? According to the money?
    Doesn't say a lot for faith, does it?
    (Anyway, "some churches moving toward" some vague approximation of their original mandate, 2000 years late an a jillion dollars short, hardly starts to make up for the wrecked cities, burned witched and raped and battered children.)

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree.

That is why I disrespect religions like Christianity and Islam.

I do not know what this situation is saying about humans on the whole but it is not good.

Especially when we have always know that religions are corrupted as evidenced by so many starting up new sexts to the originals. Some say there are about 3,000 Christians sects and I hear that even in Islam where apostates are often murdered, there are 69 or so sects.

Gullible is one thing, but this looks more like outright insanity and a total disregard for the moral sense we all share.

Insult over injury as you and I have to make up the tax shortfall that, thanks to their tax exemptions we give these immoral damaging to society religions.

WTF is wrong with the non-believer who are in that way helping support these odious religions?

Regards
    DL

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are welcome to blather whatever inane bullshit you wish in the alternative theories section - from now on, that's where I'm consolidating all your "I'm superior to the rest of you" garbage

Dr_Toad likes this.
  15. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

Yay! You might aggregate some other of the other posters religious rants into this thread (or another). Just sweep the crud under the rug...

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Trying to get there

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Just for the sake of trying (very trying) I decided to use up some of my time and Wifi allocation to download the book Journey of Souls

I got to about page 5 and came across

I believe dying people are given access to a supreme knowledge of eternal consciousness and this frequently shows in their faces

Enough enough enough

I could feel my brain shrinking and stopped just in time before it rolled out of my ear

Book filed under Woo Woo

I'm considering taking it to the Unseen University and asking the Wizards to make it a companion of Octavo

Except it would be a insult to Octavo to be alongside a book written by someone who appears to have a lower IQ than his shadow

18. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Sure, then you will know not to go there to learn why your genocidal son murdering God is inferior to a decent moral God.

Abuse your mod privilege all you like.

Regards
    DL

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are, of course, free to continue this "superiority complex" delusion you have as long as you like - as I said before, nobody is buying what you are peddling (which is good, because your snake oil is quite dangerous in the end... after all, once one is convinced they are superior to the rest, it tends to lead to terrible things... prejudice, bigotry, slavery, genocide, war... the list goes on).

20. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You adore a genocidal son murdering God and that makes you definitely morally inferior to those who would rightly see genocide as immoral.

Live with it and stop whining when people tell you the truth of your immorality.

The only reason you moved the O.P. is that you showed your immorality and are such a poor apologist you could not talk anyone into thinking you were moral.

Regards
    DL

21. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Well, you were certainly right to move all the ranting to one place! With a bit of luck he'll have a stroke and then we'll be left in peace.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The fact that you still continue to claim this, yet fail so spectacularly to support it (or even understand your own claim) is adorable. Run along little 'un.

Whining? I'm LAUGHING. Quite hysterically in fact. Your "superior morality" is as fake and full of holes as your so-called religion.

The reason I moved the op is because it is alternative theory garbage - you have admitted repeatedly that you aren't actually here for discussion, but to profess your own superiority. Given your intent to preach and proselytize, I think containing your spew to one thread is quite generous, rather than shit-canning it all and issuing infraction points, as would be in accord with a strict adherence to the rules you agreed to when you signed up for SciForums.

As for me being a "poor apologist", you are right - I would make a poo apologist. I don't have the patience to deal with stupid bullshit, so I wouldn't bother apologizing or making excuses for it. Unfortunately for you, the truth is that you are the one unable to convince anyone into thinking you were moral.

23. Yazata Valued Senior Member

That's perhaps the most evil post that I have ever seen here on Stupidforums, and believe me, that's saying something.