Greatest I Am's anti-religion thread

Discussion in 'Alternative Theories' started by Greatest I am, May 3, 2017.

1. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

I agree.

They cannot silence her but can force her out of their particular organization.

She can only be silenced if she chooses to be silent.

Regards
    DL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Although I am an atheist, I consider most of the lowest level religious leaders (EG: Catholic priest, rabbi, Protestant minister) to be sincere.

I have doubts about those at higher levels in religious hierarchies.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

From those you mention that I have personally spoken with, I would disagree because in face to face conversations, I can tell, sometimes, how insincere they really are by how they answer or deflect from honest questions.

I like that you doubt the top dogs but find it strange that you do not extend that to the lower ranks as those are the some guys that eventually make their way to the top.

When and why do you think they lose their sincerity as they move up the ranks?

Regards
    DL

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Should religions be classified as Fake News? The bible seems to say yes.

Fake News is what many are calling lies or distortions of the truth these days.

No organizations distort the truth and outright lie about Gods than the organized religions.

Should religions be classified as Fake News?

The bible seems to say yes.

Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Regards
    DL

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Try

Old Deceptive Fake Stories

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The blatant quote/passage mining in order to whine about religion is... well, I was going to say mind blowing, but it's become your raison d'être it would seem, GIA...

10. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

More like myths with a message that is lost when reading it literally.

There is a lot of wisdom in scriptures but they have to be read the way Gnostic Christians read it.

Said of Gnostic Christian versus Christian bible reading practices.
    “Both read the Bible day and night; but you read black where I read white.”
    William Blake.

Regards
    DL

11. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Weird hobby may be???

12. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

You attack the messenger and leave the message intact which shows how small of a mind you have and how poor of an apologist you are.

I attack your person because reciprocity is fair play, but I think you for showing all here how small your mind is.

Regards
    DL

13. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Do you know of any other institutions, other than religions, that have done so much damage to society?

I do not and thus try to live by, ---- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Regards
    DL

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You "think me" hm?

I thank you for showing your inability to produce a rational argument without resorting to logical fallacy (of course, this is far from your first example such actions).

I did not "attack the messenger" - I attacked the poorly written message, as well as the fool who is attempting to besmirch something he doesn't like by taking passages out of context (and even then, doing so poorly - there are far better passages to quote if you wanted to attack the Christian Bible). If you were merely a messenger, then you would simply be re-stating what someone else has said. If that is the case, then this is plagiarism - pick your poison I guess?

I would suggest some remedial classes might broaden your horizons... but in your case, I doubt they would - you are simply too closed minded for that, and too self-assured in your superiority complex. It is actually fascinating - I know a few psychologists that would probably love to study you.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Statement not attack

16. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. Eleanor Roosevelt

Regards
    DL

17. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Most people are well aware of the hypocrisy of religion

Religion preaching religion in threads is preaching

Preaching against religion in threads is preaching

Please leave the good people - like me - I peace here

I am sure most are not doing nothing but active in ways which do not annoy others

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Annoying minds piss off everyone

Michael345

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And inferior minds repeat famous quotes that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand when they are unable to form a rational retort.
    -Kittamaru - Just now.

Given that you are unable to come up with any sort of actual retort, I will consider that your surrendering of the point.

Michael 345 likes this.
  20. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Same as in civil administration: politics.
    Every step up requires a deal, an accommodation, and alliance, a favour, a debt; the compromise of a principle.
    Every one of those moves erodes one's faith.
    By the time you're the infallible mouthpiece of God or Democracy, you can't believe in either ---
    because, if they existed, they wouldn't have let you attain that position by those means.

21. Yazata Valued Senior Member

You're kind of a human paradox, GIA.

You call yourself a "gnostic Christian", you cite the Bible constantly and seem to consider it authoritative, yet your message always seems to be hostile.

You attack "religions" in the plural, while seemingly identifying all of them with Christianity and the Bible.

So what is the truth "about Gods"? Do you think that you possess it?

Why should an adherent of a different religion even care what the Bible says?

I'm personally interested in early Buddhism. (I wouldn't actually call myself a Buddhist, I'm just interested in it.) But my point is that the Bible is almost totally irrelevant to early Buddhism. The 'scriptures' to pay attention to there would be the Theravadans' Pali Canon and probably the Chinese translations of the early Sanskrit Agamas. They don't purport to be "about Gods" at all, except tangentially. And I wouldn't call them "fake news", since they are our best sources of information about the ideas of the early Buddhist community and probably the closest that we can come to the teachings of the historical Buddha himself.

22. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Tell me my friend, do you know of any institution or group of institutions that have done more harm, and continue to do harm to society?

If you cannot, then my question to you is, why aren't you creating anti-religion threads like, especially if you do not support homophobia and misogyny?

My soul says that for evil to grow, like the evils of religions, all goo moral people need do is nothing.

Why are you complaining of my ways or suggesting that I change my ways and do nothing or less?

If you are a moral and good person, tell me if you and I should be doing more or less of these posts?

Keep in mind that religions have gifted us with 5,000 years of war instead of peace and have denied women and gays equality for that long as well.

Regards
    DL

23. Greatest I am Valued Senior Member

Yes. Stop it.

Regards
    DL