Grey Lady of Dudley Castle

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

is a tourist woman in blue dress in a very poor resolution photo

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Since this breaks a key rule of yours for what ghosts must look like, not even you should believe it is a ghost, MR.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

"In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost (sometimes known as aspectre (British English) or specter (American English), phantom,apparition or spook) is the soul or spirit of a dead person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, lifelike visions."===http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost

8. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

In a previous thread, you were quite clear that ghosts must be both:
    1. Human-shaped.
    2. Transparent.

The human in the photo above is opaque, hence, by your criteria, not a ghost. Right?

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Did I say ghosts MUST be that? Or did I simply say ghosts ARE that?

10. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Must be. I gave a counterexample and you said that it didn't qualify because it wasn't completely transparent (only fuzzy edges).

Are you now claiming that any normal looking human may well be a ghost?

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I don't recall saying that.

Ghosts have always been known to appear nebulous OR clearly like a living person. There are even famous examples caught on video and photograph:

12. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Surprising you would forget the thread that got you banned so quickly....

Anyway, now that we've established that ghosts don't need to be transparent, what feature do you see in that photo suggests to you that it is a ghost and not a live human?

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

The fact that it is a grey lady dressed in an old fashioned dress, just as eyewitnesses have reported.

"Dudley Castle is regarded as one of the most haunted castles in the World, and perhaps the most haunted in England. There are many spirits that have been reported here throughout hundreds of years. Perhaps the most famous of all the ghosts here is that of the Grey Lady, believed to be the spirit of Dorothy Beaumont. She lived in the castle for a time, and gave birth to a daughter there. Unfortunately the daughter died during birth, and various complications led to Dorothy’s death shortly after. She is said to wander aimlessly around the castle and its grounds, believed to because her requests on her death bed were not granted. She asked to be buried beside her daughter and that her husband attend the funeral. Because neither occurred, Dorothy continues to be tormented to this day and therefore cannot rest.

The ghost of Dorothy can often be seen near the Castle Keep and in the pub that was named after her on the castle grounds, the Grey Lady Tavern. Since opening there have been many reports here, mostly of unexplained sounds, alarms going off in the middle of the night without explanation, and extreme drops in temperature, that’s often accompanied by a strange blue mist that floats through the bar."===

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What is this, I don't even...

You just accidentally the whole thread...

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Verbal salad..

16. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Given how blurry it is, I can't tell if the dress is "old fashioned" and even if it were, such historical places are typically staffed by people in period costumes. What you are basically saying is that the "eyewitnesses" narrative is the evidence, not the photo. Because there is nothing about the photo alone that suggests a ghost, right?

17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..the photo of the Grey Lady is evidence of the Grey Lady. Duh...

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So you are presuming it is the grey lady in the photo in order to use the photo as evidence for the grey lady?
    Talk about circular... You'd make a fine bible-belt nut.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

See... this is where you get into trouble...

A blurry low-resolution photo, blown up to showcase something unknown... that is not evidence. That could be a person standing there in a blue sundress, and thanks to the poor resolution, we'd have no idea.

20. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

No, you agreed that there is nothing about that figure that distinguishes it from a normal human. If you had never heard of "The Grey Lady", you'd just say that's a normal human in the photo, right?

21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

When did I say that?

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Technically, it would be "word salad" (not all of those are verbs, nor am I verbalizing it, as I am typing) but none the less...

Evidence that this cannot be a photograph of a normal human being?

23. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I'm "in trouble" now? What Forum rule have I violated? The one against posting photos of ghosts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.