Halo vs Star Wars

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by ProphetofWisdom, Aug 2, 2009.

1. George1 Registered Senior Member

ok....that one i got. what i mean was every flood needs to be an individual, not a remote control drone.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Spartan 363 Registered Member

Yes it it because the Flood have the training from the absorbed memories, hence it will use the Force maybe even stronger than when the Jedi/Sith was alive as the infection enhances everything from strength, mind and such as the Flood are a huge collective hive mind, not to mention they are emotionless meaning they have more concentration. The Gravemind is already more powerful in processing than even AI's and is already telepathic, hence it will be easy for the Flood to use the Force at their disposal. Bottom line is, Halo or SW, the Flood will end all civilization.

They are both individual and hive minded as a single combat form can glean the memories of the body it's in and execute it's knowledge, The Gravemind just gives them orders. Even so, the Flood have forms as large as skyscrapers as seen in Halo Legends Origin. and combat AT-AT walkers and even ships, any organic matter matter it adds means they grow, pure forms alone would decimate as they can transform.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

yeah, you need emotions to use the Force. to bad.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Spartan 363 Registered Member

I'm sure they can bypass that as the Gravemind is already telepathic which itself can be related to the Force and it has emotions such as anger, and as we all know, anger is the strongest of emotions, thus would easily use the Force, you fail. You also seem to be forgetting that maybe there are 10000+ Jedi/Sith, but what good is it against quadrillions of Flood? They cannot win unless they use a Super Weapon like the Halos to wipe out all the food sources for the flood and in the end, still die and lose leaving the Flood to occupy your SW galaxy. The Forerunners caused many Supernovas with their fleets and it only slowed down the Flood, so the Galaxy Gun and Sun Crusher are useless against the Flood. Even if the Flood cannot use the Force, simply numbers will decimate the Jedi/Sith.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  8. Spartan 363 Registered Member

Even if the Jedi/Sith went into hiding, the Flood will use the various weapons and ships to bombard and destroy the planet/asteroid they are hiding in, no win situation for both SW and Halo, the Flood are what their name implies, a Flood as they are relentless, restless and numerous while the Jedi/Sith will get tired and have no where to run when they are surrounded by billions counting all the little infection forms, game over.

9. Spartan 363 Registered Member

First of all, you have been misinformed about Forerunners occupying the Orion Arm, you are wrong sir. The Forerunners occupied from most to the entire Milky Way Galaxy. Also your little failed taunt fails to point out that that 14km ship is part of 20,000+ confirmed(Ghost of Onyx/Halo Legends/Contact Harvest) of those Dreadnought class Keyships alone when gathering the known battles and fleet numbers in total. They have other class ships that must number in the millions, but I will not use those in this as there is little info on them currently. But it mentions that there are military Ships heavier in tonnage/size and thanks to their very strong but lightweight material, it's very strong for just the hull. It survived a barrage of MAC rounds(~10 Gigatons from each
    600 ton round vs a Super MAC Gun(big stick) fires 3,000 ton rounds producing ~51.6 Gigatons of TNT per shot every 5 Seconds might have damaged the FR hull, this is just speculation as no SMACs hit it) from 3 Frigates and the bombardment of dozens of Longswords(Can also launch Shiva class Missiles) hitting it directly with around 500+ Archer Missiles that can destroy an unshielded Covenant Assault Carrier (5.5km+) with no damage to the Forerunner Hull without it's shields on as shown in Halo 3 as it was a direct hit to the hull from the UNSC fleet. Just A.I's had control of thousands alone (ex. Mendicant Bias), imagine the rest serviced by the Forerunners them selfs. Their known weaponry already rapes the SDD and even the Elipse due to the forerunners numbers of this class of ship alone vs the numbers of those SW ships. These Ships when in large formations (The Keyship class ships); combine their beam weapons into one focused beam thus multiplying it's strength to cause stars to go supernova, also their shielding multiplies too. The Sun Crusher w/ 11 shots is one ship and would be obliterated after a formation of 100 by an A.I controlled fleet would sacrifice a mere 100 ships compared to the 20,000+ of the same 14km+ ships not including heavier military vessels and no deaths. Those details should have light shed with the up coming Forerunner novels.

Their other weapons is using their Slipspace Drives to vaporize anything caught in the bubble on the intended target. The best way to describe slipspace as a weapon is inside the bubble is like a black hole, the event horizon of the bubble sucks anything inside it. The Long Night of Solace (27km+, 100% shield/hull integrity at time of bombing); had half the ship sent into oblivion by an improvised slipspace bomb using a Shaw-Fujikawa Translight Engine. Except that the Forerunners did not need to destroy their drives for this effect, the Keyships could fire a barrage of such uncontrolled rift burst at targets that it would decimate a fleet and entire solar systems. The fleet no matter what class ship is sent to hell after it's concentrated beams melt your ships with their tremendous power sources (10% output alone powered High Charity) and their ability to quickly retreat thus having hit and run tactics. They can open portals that let you travel instantaneously to you destination, no way for Galaxy Gun to track many, if not any at all because of hit and run tactics and instantaneous travel.

Lastly, the Forerunner Sentinels would step on the Droids like bugs under a pair of Red Wing work boots, then smash the factories because they can rebuild them selfs' as shown in Ghost of Onyx and all of them have overshields. Plus, their factories are mobile making tracking them very difficult, they also utilize gravity to pull large vehicles like an AT-AT Walker and crush them with it's large claws(. Don't forget, they can gather and multiply in mere thousands to wipe out an unshielded ship and millions to take on fleets. The Forerunners manufacturing capabilities and technology overall are better as they can too clone organic life, that's how they repopulated life the galaxy after the firing of the Halo's (Halo Legends Origins), if they really needed to, they could clone them selfs at will, but they don't need to since their machine army constantly build more while repairing them selfs.

With those known facts, it's fair to say the Forerunner at it's current known numbers would destroy SW fleets as they were world builders on a much grander scale than SW, hence with their numerous fleets capable of destroying entire solar systems spread far and apart, it's like going against 1000+ Sun Crushers with their combined firepower in large numbers. Remember, 20,000+ Keyships excluding other classes. the Galaxy Gun and Celestial Station will be found quickly with captured coordinates with just a few thousand losses. Will found out soon about shield specs and more weapons and stats along with ship and craft classes when I pick up my own copy of the latest novel.

10. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

try the flood against YVH Droids

11. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

the flood cant infect them and they are so powerful even Jedi think twice before engaging them

12. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

I haven't even started on the droidekas and commando driods

13. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

If you can bring in the forerunners i hope you don't mind me bringing in the Celestials. I believe that they are on par with the forerunners except the use the Light and Dark sides Force which gives them a form of precognition, the ability to create massive force storms withe their minds, telekinesis, Force lightning, battle meditation, and the ability to manipulate the minds of enemy commanders at will. I almost forgot the ability to blind sensors with their mind, the ability to mess up computers from far distances, basically the abilities of all the greatest Jedi and Sith put together times about 100 with technology meant to augment their force powers. If you need a piont of reference for celestials in their weaker state without their technology, think of Abeloth.

14. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

OK buddy, how about this. Darth Sidious alone could take out the entire Spartan program. In the novelization of Revenge of the Sith, Sidious could move so fast hefaded in and out of existance. SPARTANs are fast, but they ain't that fast. They also have no defense against the force choke. The move really doesnt have to be as slow as they make it in the movies, Sidious could crush their throats before they knew he was there. Darth Zannah can make people go so incurably mad that they cant even fight with her Sith Sorcery. Also, no Sangheili can beat a YVH droid, and you can bet no hunter can stand up to about four Commando droids. Grunts up against anything but Jawas would be laughable, and i haven't even started with the vehicles

15. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

Cortanna can only mess with software, not hardware. She also has her limits. I don't think that she can take on a few R-2 series droids. You see, the star wars universe has plenty of A.I.s called droids. Now there are thousands of droids on a capital ship. She can't take on their combined computing power. I havent even started on the Yuuzhan Vong.
    No matter what ship she is on, she'll fall to a few pilots in jedi battle meld with a few y wings or skiprays. And what use are shields against planetary defense ion cannons, or the ion cannons that are in the malevolence. Also, with Grand Admiral Thrawn and every galactic weapon at his disposal

16. Bellator Jedi Registered Member

if the flood is emotionless, then they can't use the dark side of the force. i know that that fact is irrelevant but i wanted to state it anyway. also, how an the flood replicate force sensitivity? Darth Plagueis had already proven that Mitichlorians have nothing to do with force sensitivity, so that takes out the possibility of the Flood getting force sensitivity from replicating those micro-organelles. I'm interested to hear your answer

17. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member