Happy Birthday, Mouse!

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Syzygys, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oxygen One Hissy Kitty Registered Senior Member

I can't believe that I had seen almost every one of those things! Surprising they didn't cover the trackball at least superficially. All it is is an up-side down mouse.

Ergonomics was certainly not a factor in the earlier mice. I remember my hand cramping on those damned Lisa mice. Even the Mac SE I got came with a mouse that was only slightly better. When the iMac came out with it's little hockey puck, that thing was so uncomfortable in my hand! I thought it was too small, and I've got small hands! By the time I got a PC, the mice were far more comfortable. (My Atari 800 used an old joystick as a mouse in an early attempt at a GUI.)

Today I have a wireless optical mouse at work, but at home I prefer the trackball. I used to play Missile Command and Centipede a lot when I was a kid at the arcades and got really good at putting that pointer right where I wanted it. My husband prefers the mouse, but admits he doesn't have the fine-point control of his fingers to be comfortable with a trackball.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.