Has american capitalism failed?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Varda, Oct 3, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Its not my fault because i dont really care that much about honest illegal immigrants. It is the ungrateful legal ones who suck. *hint*

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

Regardless of them being grateful or not, they are only here because your government is tolerant of them.
    If you have a problem with that, take it on your government. Don't expect the rest of the world to help your fix your fuck-ups.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

and the poor little rich girls who walk over the bodies of the poor in their countries to buy a new purse and then point the fingers at everyone else. that is if they dont spit on them first.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

oh so now the U.S is f'd up for taking in the worlds poor. you really are something. But that is what happens to people born with silver spoons in their mouths.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

All I say is that you have a law, it is up to you to enforce it or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  9. John99 Banned Banned

I cant even decipher what that is supposed to mean.

10. John99 Banned Banned

and it is not MY law. MY law would be much, much different.

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

you as a country and a government

12. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

The rampant malinvestment, whether at the individual or the corporate level, didn't occur naturally, independent of government intervention. It occurred as a natural result of the Federal Reserve's policies of artificially low interest rates and easy credit, policies which had long reaching effects trickling from the top down. It's like handing a $50k credit card to a freshman college student who's never worked a day in his life. Will he be responsible with it? It's possible. But chances are he's going to blow it, get up to the neck in debt and end up with a lousy credit rating while paying off his debt for years and years, enduring a temporary short spurt of increased quality of life followed by a longer era of decreased prosperity. That's exactly what's happening here.

Had the government restrained itself to begin with and not interfered, and let interest rates be decided by the market, then we wouldn't be in this mess.