Has God got children ?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Ivor Bigun, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Ivor Bigun Registered Member

According to the Jews (who wrote the Bible) and Moslems (who wrote the Koran), God has no children.
    Christians decided that God has one, namely Yeshua, or Yehoshua or Joshua or Jesus (not really sure which).
    In Hinduism (possibly the oldest non-extinct religion), well it's flexible as there seem to be many gods.
    Zeus (Greek) has at least 12, including Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Dionysus, Perseus, Heracles.
    Odin (Norse) has at least 4, including Thor.
    Yinglong (Chinese) has 9 types of offspring, including suanni (that like to sit down).
    Arawn (Celtic) - don't know.
    KA (unknown) - unknown.
    Eric Clapton (Rock n Roll) - 5 so far.

Conclusion - it depends on where and when you were born and what you have been forced to believe.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In Christianity and, I believe, Judaism, we are "all Gods children", hence why he is referred to as "Father".

An interesting concept, to say the least.

Also - Zeus has a LOT more than just 12 kids - granted, Zeus also fucked basically anything that moved... and occasionally things that DIDN'T move. Humans, Animals... Trees... all fair game to him. Seriously, many Greek Tragedies could probably start "All was good... and then Zeus got horny" and would still be accurate.

It's... well, I don't know how to describe it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Depending on which branch of Christianity, God has many children. All of his creations, Angels, archangels man, etc. are his "children". But Jesus is claimed to be his only "begotten" Son. From this I guess it is meant that he is the only one which God begat in the sense of passing on a part of himself.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent

8. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think the bigger question is whether or not God has a 401k or a vested retirement plan.

9. river

Better than that , god has us as slaves , for as long as this god wants us to exist .

10. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Some people are ''slaves'' to the idea there is of a god.

11. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No, Jesus is the one that saves.

Seattle likes this.
  12. river

Yes

But to the lord or to god ?

The lord is enki and god is enlil , in ancient texts .

My self I would follow enki .