Hash is healthy!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by UNIVERSE TODAY, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What about psychotic depressives and schizophrenics? Do they have problems with mood control?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Do you?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No

And I'm still waiting on the answer to my question.

Based on previous experience with your short term memory here it is again:

"What about psychotic depressives and schizophrenics? Do they have problems with mood control?"

Please answer the question.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Here is a test for you, if you guys really want to know the health effects of marijuana, go smoke it for a year and see for yourself. I have, my health is just fine.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Denial is not a river in Egypt

9. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

I really can only laugh at everyone who attacks this god-save of a plant. I think that even if there were provable negative health effects on myself, I would still smoke because I think it brings people together. You chill, you smoke, you chat, you build relationships, you strengthen your community...

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

we are talking about how safe marijuana (THC) is are we not?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is marijuana associated with vehicular accidents?

Its known to promote psychosis and schizophrenia in susceptible adolescents with chronic use; surely that is more significant than drunk driving?

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

i am sure it's associated with accidents.
    but if you look at the statistics you will find that fatal accidents caused by THC used by itself is much lower than for say alcohol. the same can probably be said of all accidents, not just the fatal ones. it must also be remembered that THC can be detected upto 3 weeks after you use it. therefor you can test positive for marijuana and not be under the influence of it

THC can cause death in susceptible people, so can aspirin and penicillin.
    schizophrenia does not need any drug to manifest itself.

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Please shove your question up your ass.

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You don't even know what that means.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I see you've run out of arguments.

No wait!! you NEVER had any!

16. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Still trying to become one of the most offensive and destructive beings on Earth, Sam? You should know that there are better things in life than attempting to emulate the behavior expected from a demon from Hell.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Young adults need to know that attempts at social control will hurt them a lot more than marijuana could ever dream of. Both schizophrenia and psychosis are garbage-dump diagnoses. They mean that someone in "authority" doesn't like the way you think. Think of a scowling, pale, pock-marked face belonging to some thing that comes out of your worst nightmares. This is usually an overweight, wheezing white man whose mental makeup makes him think that he has the absolute right to rule over other humans no matter how much it costs them. There are other stereotypes who are psychologically similar. The more they are allowed to do violence to others to enforce their will, or what passes for their will, or what might laughingly be called their decisions, the more destructive of others they become. They are human parasites of the worst type. Some parasites only take your money. These people take your mind and soul.

They cannot operate nearly as well without the use of some drugs or situations to get their hooks into you. When I talk about people who have conned me and otherwise used me in the past, think about how they have done it. By physical or social restraint, physical or mental abuse, they induced some form of fixation on an idea. To do their work they had to make some idea, no matter how stupid and wrong, more important and more right within the context of that interaction than anything else that I might bring into it. This is like the practice of hypnotism, the hypnotist using his voice and other devices to focus someone else's mind on becoming as stiff as a board, becoming insensible to pain, or handing over all of his money to the hypnotist.

This practice is aimed at turning a person's own intelligence against itself, and it is unethical and damaging. One of their defenses of the practice is that people who take responsibility for themselves cannot be manipulated this way. That kind of defense is a smokescreen. Those people will do everything it takes, right up to finding ways to kill the individual that they are trying to control. Some people here can't imagine their own mother keeping a child believing that she will kill him if he doesn't "straighten out," all the while behaving so irrationally that her word on anything cannot be believed uncritically. She does this while her son or daughter is still normally expected to depend on her for nurturing and guidance. The same dysfunctional relationship holds between many citizens and their governments. The government behaves irrationally, as it does with the drug war, then demands recognition that it is right and the citizen wrong. It does so at gunpoint. People have trouble in America believing that their government will murder them for profit even while they see it happening.

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Samcdkey linked to various stuides on page three. I guess you didn't bother to read them?

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Or there is this later study;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1068625.stm

"Researchers have confirmed that smoking cannabis can impair driving ability - but not as much as drinking alcohol.
    The Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) in Crowthorne, Berkshire was asked by the government to investigate the effect of cannabis intoxication on driving ability.

Cannabis is by far the most common illegal drug found in the bloodstream of road accident victims. "

By far the most common, and why? Because there is this myth that it does not affect performance (which is does) and also because currently it is not tested for, so people can get away with it. BTW, that is "found in bloodstream of road accident victims", so cannabis users ARE CRASHING CARS, and don't drive perfectly, got that?

But you prefer the results of a suprseded 23 year old study eh? Hardly relevant today, but I guess you don't want anything to peck at your agenda, do you?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Duendy, is that you?

21. leopold Valued Senior Member

from the link:
    The active ingredient, THC, can remain in the body for more than a month.

so, with that in mind it can be assumed that you can test positive for marijuana intoxication and NOT be under the influence of it.

and also this:
    The most obvious effect of the cannabis was that the volunteers drove more slowly, trying to compensate for intoxication by being more cautious.

and this:
    However, reaction times to motorway hazards were not significantly affected.
    Trials previously completed under similar test conditions at the TRL have shown that alcohol and tiredness have a more adverse effect on driving ability.

The results of the cannabis and driving study agree with similar research carried out in Australia, the US and Holland.

so i ask you phlo who would you like to encounter on the highway?
    a sleepy driver, a driver all boozed up or one high on cannibus?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  22. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, and they all pertain to psycosis and/or suicidal thoughts in young people.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

Leopold, you are being selective with your choices from that report, and completely fail to acknowledge that Cannabis use causes car accidents.

You also fail to acknowledge that the ability of the users to steer was impaired, and that most car accidents do not happen on motorways, but in urban areas, where steering is very important.

You also try and dodge by highlighting the point that tiredness and alcohol are worse that Cannabis. That doesn't matter, as Cannabis DOES NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER. It has a detrimental effect on the skills you need to drive, and causes crashes.

Your last question is pointless. I want all drivers to be drug free and alert. I don't want assholes like you peddling this myth that Cannabis is a safe drug to be under the influence of whilst driving. So cut out the lies, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.