Hash is healthy!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by UNIVERSE TODAY, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naat Scientia potestas est. Registered Senior Member

As allways, who pays - orders the music.
    Why teenagers should steer clear of cannabis. .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

A lot of hype there. Look at what they are saying, that a reduced sensitivity to heroin leads to the possibility that the user will use more to get high and become more addicted. Doesn't anyone even question this crap? What about the idea that a reduced sensitivity to heroin, if it even exists, may mean the user is less likely to become addicted? Any activity that causes the release of endorphins can be expected to reduce sensitivity to heroin because endorphins work just like heroin. This means that physical education could have the same effect.

Somehow researchers like that successfully avoid learning even the basics of their own trade. That is an asset when they have a job for a hundred thousand dollars plus a year cranking out whatever "science" their bosses want.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

Wow, a ufo!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

not really.
    marijuana is a gateway drug.
    seldom, if ever, do you hear of anyone using 'hard' drugs without first trying marijuana.

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Neither do we hear of anyone using "hard" drugs without first having used milk.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

and of course churches are the cause of murder

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

There's a lot stronger connection between the churches and murder. They mumble that their message is one of love, not of hate, but that's bullshit.

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=373334&in_page_id=1770

I think you should know the full story bfore promoting drug use to teeny boppers.

Superskunk is on sale on our streets and the results are NOT pretty.

"three shocking studies were published in November 2002 alone, showing that smoking the drug hugely increases the chances of crippling mental illness, such as schizophrenia.

Mary Brett, of the National Drug Prevention Alliance, said: "It is dishonest to claim only new evidence shows a link between cannabis and mental heath problems. There are reports going back for decades."

Dr Zerrin Atakan, lead consultant at the National Psychosis Unit in London and senior lecturer at the Institute of Psychiatry, said: "There is no new information, except a couple of studies published this year which confirm the previous studies"

I have the experience of age and knowing people for a long time, ie pre drugs, using drugs, after drugs. Message from me based on reality....your mind is not worth fucking with, stay away from them if you value your sanity and freedom.

12. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They're getting better at making studies say what they want. To hell with them. They have always pushed aside the studies that showed that it was safe, and there have been a lot of those.

A lot of us seem unable to tell the difference between genuine concern for human well-being and exploiting such concerns for economic gain and social control.

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

will you people please qoute from objective sites?

14. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Every time an objective site shows up they say that it is biased. The facts show that there is nothing wrong with letting people use marijuana and grow hemp, so any objective site will look biased to them.

15. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I don't need to quote from any site, I know the effects first hand. You are probably all too doped up to be aware of your dull dull appearance to the rest of the world in that sleepyville you hang out in your head or with fellow sleepies.

let me elaborate:

First of all, let's examine what it means to be non addictive..as its non addictive right?
    All the weedies I know will drive around/walk around in ANY weather at any time of day or night to score. They will smoke and chill, they are very relaxed. Conversationally to unstoned individual they suck. They are so laid back they are the walking dead. My friend is sadly in process of divorcing her unaddicted husband for the lack of sex drive that his weedie habit has killed, the lack of kids that his weedie habit has lowered his sperm count and the lack of any life, no outings nothing active, as the weed doesn't promote activity. He is TRYING in vain to stop taking the weed to save his marriage. but he can't stop taking this non addictive substance.

( I know some of you are already thinking.....oh shit that's er me, my relationship died cos of the weed, er.....I have no job cos I can't get motivated mannnnnnnnn, I need some weeeeedddddddddd dude)

example numero 2
    This weedy said he used it to curb his temper. NOW he did have a temper. His problem resulting from weed use was lying compulsively, stealing (he'd no doubt call it bending the truth and borrowing) and a manner of other things, such as riding his motorcycle stoned up to the eyeballs.

example numero 3
    Weedy that went from relatively normal friendly happy go lucky chappie to paranoid obsessive loner.

I myself have tried weed, results, from sleepy to peotic to being very amazed for several hours by an optic fibre lamp. I do not however have an addictive personality.

Now many I know who started as weedy graduated to cocaine use and so on and so forth. Their skin looked crap, they looked older than they were and they could no longer be out in public without some form of boost.

Most weedies I know do suffer depression, paranoia and whole host of other nasties.

And I reiterate first point, if it is NOT addictive why do y'all spend so much time and go to such lengths to get it when you run out?

My point anyway is not lecture about drugs but to lecture about promoting them especially on a site largely populated (it seems) and viewed by kids!

Do what you do but why promote it? Thats another thing that sucks about druggies, they want to drag everyone down the where they are at.

Think on that

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  16. leopold Valued Senior Member

17. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Before I observed the effects of weed use first hand I sold weed mags and I sold rolling machines (had an 11 inch one!) and numerous bongs , pipes, papers , tins you name it..quite legally from my little shop. (LONG time ago)

As you get older you may continue in your sleepy haze to ignore what is happenning to your body or you may 'wake up' and find that it wasn't really enhancing the quality of your life so much as subduing it.

STOP promoting drugs.

Some forms of it do have beneficial effects but the majority on streets today is super strength, it's NOT what you older members are accustomed to and its not what the rasteferi (not sure on spelling) use. It's NEW and it's dangerous, hence a LOT of very depressed miserable aggressive teens around just now.

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

http://www.cannabis.net/articles/superskunk.html

"Netherlands moves to outlaw
    superstrong 'skunk' cannabis

By Anthony Browne

THE sale of certain types of cannabis could be banned in the Netherlands amid concern that they have become so powerful they could have the same addictive and psychological impact as hard drugs.

The Dutch Government said that it would ban the most powerful forms of cannabis, such as “skunk”, after research showed that they had doubled in strength in the past few years and could now be classified as a hard drug.

Levels of THC — tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychologically active ingredient — in skunk have almost doubled from 9 per cent in 1999 to 15 per cent now, according to the Trimbos Institute, a drug research institute that monitors cannabis sales for the Health Ministry. The rise is due to new professional growing techniques. The institute said: “It has almost doubled in strength but we don’t know what the effect on public health is.”

Skunk has now become one of the most popular forms of cannabis on sale in the Netherlands. Between 2.5 per cent and 3 per cent of the Dutch population regularly use cannabis and there are between 30,000 and 80,000 cannabis addicts. However, it is not clear whether stronger cannabis means that more people are likely to become addicted or develop other psychological problems."

19. Sci-Phenomena Reality is in the Minds Eye Registered Senior Member

All I have to say is that if pot were legal I wouldn't have to buy it anymore, and on that note, people would be much LESS likely to try the shit that takes over your life. People who smoke pot are content to just smoke pot, unless its hard to get because its illegal, but if you legalize pot, we're all good with just pot, screw black tar heroin, screw cocaine, screw opium, in short, screw that shit that actually is addictive, and stop being a bitch by putting pot into the category of the really fucked up drugs.

So yeah, in comparison with the other drugs, homemade-hash is soooo fucking good for you, that you are unable to comprehend it.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So of course, "Relativity", my testimony about the many successful people who have used weed a lot doesn't count, does it? Really, when someone wants something banned, they never want to hear from the other side anyway.

This "superskunk" stuff is the same crap they've been circulating periodically to try to get people scared when they can't get them scared of the allegedly more normal stuff. I'm not buying a word of it.

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That is the most sensible thing you've penned - I like it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

*faints*

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

The increase of THC levels to 15 percent is one of those legends that has been passed around since at least the 1970s. "Skunk" has been around forever. It's just another nickname, also around since the 1970s.

It's still the same damn drug. How can there be that much difference if the same effect can be had by lighting up a second joint? The Dutch even have hashish, for God's sake. What do these people think that hashish is?

All this is is the prohibitionists trying to slip prohibition through the same back door that sort of worked before.

This is so braindead it's horrible. They still aren't clear whether stronger THC content might cause physical problems? The controversy has been around for forty years. The prohibitionists still can't make the question clear one way or the other? Would this be because they thrive on confusion and obfuscation? These people have never, ever been able to provide any clear-cut information that proves THC to be harmful. All that they can base this on is some sort of garbage heap of pseudoscience.

I would beg these people to desist in this, but I think that it would be better if those involved would find out who the deceivers are, the prohibitionists, and get rid of them. One thing I've learned about people is that very few of them ever pry loose the poeple who are on their backs screwing them,. We really need to do this.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.