Hash is healthy!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by UNIVERSE TODAY, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Personal preference. By your measures this gives me the right to shove it down everyone else's throat.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

YOU ARE shoving it down everyones throat!!!!

I didn't post on here saying don't do it, I said the likes of you shouldn't use a public forum to push drugs especially onto kids who don't know the long term effects.

Again I ask you, what personal preference, it is beneficial, makes your life better, makes you rich according to one of your self pitying posts, so WHY aren't you smoking weed? What made you decide to give it up? It's not addictive according to you, so what was there to give up? Answer the question.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

In very rare cases some people may suffer an anaphylactic reaction which may cause death. The contrast here, is that this is a very rare event, while the benefits of Penicillin are reliable and proven.

Compare this with cannabis, where there is a ubiquitous downside, and selective benefits for a few illnesses.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

You don't know the long term effects, and neither do the writers of the article that you refer to.

How am I shoving it down everyone's throat? You are the one who is bringing in spurious health threats that are so vague that the authors won't make positive statements about them. You falsely accuse me of pushing drugs, which is a big crime in your book, because I don't believe the garbage that the anti-drug people come up with and I will say it anywhere. Not in front of the kids, huh? Your propaganda is not suitable for in front of the kids. Your propaganda is damaging to the lives of children when they believe it, bully other children because of it, and keep bullying other people the rest of their lives. A few years ago you were one of the. Now you're one of the adults giving the children dangerous propaganda and a dangerous way of life, both of which are far more dangerous than the drugs are.

8. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

you're full of shit,

tell me again, I missed it...why DID YOU GIVE UP WEED????

Until you can explain your reasons for rejecting this joyous substance that enhances the quality of life, you are a HYPOCRITE.

9. phlogistician Banned Banned

Metakron, continually restating a falsehood does not make it true. Cannabis use DOES LEAD TO REAL MENTAL DEGRADATION. This is NOT PROPAGANDA, We have seen it first hand. We are not pushing propaganda, buy relaying REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE that prolonged usage does cause very real harmful effects. While you fail to accept this you sound like some starry eyed schoolboy with little or no life experience, and someone who has bought into PRO PROPAGANDA.

Answer ToR's question, or resign the debate and admit defeat.

10. texaster Registered Member

The original poster (Mr. Universe) pointed out that because it is illegal the black market has yielded a very potent version of the drug. So, it goes without saying that in a non regulated form it is bad for you. The whole idea I get from this topic is that research was stymied that could have benefitted us all, pot smoker and non pot smoker alike.

T

11. leopold Valued Senior Member

my point here was to imply that there is no such thing as a safe drug.
    all drugs can be dangerous. it all depends on how you want to portray them.
    granted, some drugs are more dangerous than others.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

you obviously missed this post of mine.

A synthetic chemical similar to the active ingredient in marijuana makes new cells grow in rat brains. What is more, in rats this cell growth appears to be linked with reducing anxiety and depression. The results suggest that marijuana, or its derivatives, could actually be good for the brain.
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/being-human/drugs-alcohol/dn8155

13. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

ANYTHING that makes chemical changes in the brain ultimately results in the brain stopping from releasing it's own alternatives to these drugs, thus when you stop smoking the weed, the brains own coping machanism for dealing with stress nolonger functions thus you are NOW DEPENDANT on weed for stress and anxiety control.

Until that is you go through the stage of needing it and come out the other side and the brain hopefully returns to normal staus quo, problem is after long term drug abuse IT DOES NOT, hence point Phlo making.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

From the same article,

But not THC, the natural cannabinoid

"In another study, Barry Jacobs, a neuroscientist at Princeton University, gave mice the natural cannabinoid found in marijuana, THC (D9-tetrahydrocannabinol)). But he says he detected no neurogenesis, no matter what dose he gave or the length of time he gave it for. "

15. leopold Valued Senior Member

doesn't my quote include the phrase "suggest that marijuana"?

it seems the article is contradicting itself.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

ah, i see my mistake
    note the word 'similar'

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I think I see a hypocrite using a strapon to fuck a bighorn sheep in your avatar.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

jesus christ people can we dispense with the personal insults?

19. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

actually you see a lady in green sat on the floor of her lounge super imposed behind a goat, the 'humping' is entirely in your sordid little imagination just as the drugs are harmless is.

DO enlighten us as to why you GAVE UP WEED?

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

So I see a hypocrite pretending to use a strapon to fuck a male bighorn sheep in her avatar.

The reason your type keeps losing is because you never have anything rational to say.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No only published results are considered valid; since the other guy had yet to present his results to the public the journalist could say whatever he liked so he did. This is very normal in the media, since it serves to attract attention to the headline.

edit: usually unpublished results can be quoted as a reference, but publication gives it peer-reviewed validity

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Ah so you are psychic metakron? Is this a residual effect of drug abuse? You presume to know what I am thinking, cor drug use is worse than I thought possible.

And the reason you gave up weed is?

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Are you psychotic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.