He feels a "presence" while asleep????

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Kmo19, Jan 30, 2003.

1. keith1 Guest

Sleep on a comfortable cushion in the livingroom, or in a different location not usually a sleeping location for you. So you can monitor the front door more closely, while sleeping. Once satisfied (one or several nights), return to your bedroom, after moving the bed to another location in the room.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

I think htese are different. Look at what Luke wrote.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i've never had anything like this happen to me, but i'll never forget a woman i used to work with telling me about her experiences with it one night. i wasn't super good friends with her, but we were coworkers, and were having drinks after work one night with a group. i have no idea what her religious beliefs are. if she is religious, she didn't make it apparent at all. i think she chose to tell me about it because she knew that i had been through some freaky spiritual stuff, so she knew i wouldn't judge her...think she was nuts. and i'm assuming if that's the case, that she did think what was happening to her was something spiritual, though i don't think she ever overtly said that. she just described exactly what she experienced.

she said that it had happened many times, and she was in her early twenties. very intelligent girl, about to graduate from college, hard worker, very nice person. she said that while lying in bed at night, she would experience paralysis, and that during that paralysis she was raped by something. she said she could smell it, feel it's breath in her face. she said that she tried so hard to get away, that when the paralysis finally broke, she would catapult herself off the bed and onto the floor. she started crying when she was telling me about it. it was clear she was being very sincere, and had been very traumatized by these events. i recommended that she ask jesus to help her. that she invoke a command in his name to make this thing leave.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Psych43 Registered Member

Mystech, in case you are willing to do a little introspective evaluation...(many or rather most, are not)...you should know that you are a very angry person. Somehow these people and their beliefs threatens something that you believe in. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and if their belief is strong enough - it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. And if this email upsets you, please think about why that is.

I hope your need to convey negative commentary on others conversations heals with increased self-awareness. Understand, emotions drive or are attached to actions. Of course, I'm not specifically talking about driving a car or doing dishes but emotions can be attached to how you feel about those actions.

Others engaged in the discussion:
    Believe in yourselves and experiences. Try to find someone educated in such things to better understand and alleviate your fears surrounding them. I believe there are many enlightened individuals sharing their experiences and this is a good thing.

Best wishes.

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Sure.
    Until they start to pass those beliefs on as reality.

That's where (and when) the problems start.

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Please tell me what you google'd to find this? This is the 3rd necro by a one post member.

10. Angel B Registered Member

sleep paralysis

just read Barnicle bills message about his experience..its the only one i could relate to.

Hi there i'm Angel and i'm 42 years old a mum of two teens.

I also experience these feelings of a presence in my room, actually in my flaming bed .. it does get to me, as it's been over 20years off this crap. Today' s date is 18 th march 2012 so only last night I had this experience

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

also 6 days before this so two in what a year and a half. so last night, and it always happens after 3am that's the time always for some reason. anyway I felt the presence in the bed next to me then the heaviness on top of me , my eyes are open but i don't see anything...I just feel.... but i'm not able to move , I can think and curse and the thing normally goes away, only last night or this morning in this case i told it to f! off!....as it was touching me in a sexual manner kissing me i could feel my mouth moving totally fcuk'd up

...before it left me I felt a hard squeeze of my whole body which actually hurt then the thump in my chest which made me jump out of the paralysis ..... the squeeze hurt more than thump i admit ....... yeah my heart was beating fast all i could do was a quick prayer and ask my mum's help ( whom passed away 11yrs ago) to sort this creepy son of a bitch out, I have to say it feels like a man to me . This is the worst experience i have encountered to date, and all my previous expriences were a buzzing noise like a ringing in the ears then it would be the paralysis then followed by the sensation of someone holding me.. so why the big change? it's creeping me the hell out not wanting to sleep tonight ... so thats the back ground of what's happened to me over the years thanks for reading but just REALLY want to hear from men or women who Exprience the same kinda thing and just want to know what do you do???? and how often does it happen?

11. Quantum Quack Life's a tease... Valued Senior Member

a couple of questions Angel B
    1] has the occurance increased recently, say over the last 12 months.
    2] Does the presence always have the same signature?
    3] Do you experience a nagging and horrible cough before or after or not at all.
    4] Are your teenage children male or female. * this is an important question

By the way I am very familiar with this sort of "pressing" phenonema as it is called and am concerned that it is getting worse generally. So many people especially women of attractive appearance are starting to admit to these sorts of events mainly because the intensity, "Scope" and significance of the experience is increasing. There are strong indicators that globally humanity is so called "uplifting" which means the number of psychic interaction events of a conscious form is increasing, with out the knowledge, moral or ethical maturity to support it.

The thump in your chest is most probably your Thymus gland which is responsible for your immune system both physical and psychic/spiritual kicking in to offer you some protection as the gland has to work out why the paralysis first before actioning a response. The thump or pain saves you from being possessed for longer periods of time..
    The Thymus Gland is also the centre of your personality or personal Identity. In occult terms it is often mistakenly referred to as the solar plexus.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  12. 420randomness Registered Senior Member

managing his aura may i believe may be a good start! - try to hang out with one that can !!! hahah

13. kx000 Valued Senior Member

Sounds like the spirit is driven by you. Probably because you provoke him. Do you curse, and act in provocative manner, a lot?