He or she?!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Athelwulf, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roman Banned Banned

Yeah, but the rest of the world eats this shit up. They beg for it, and we spoon feed them on American culture.

Who here of you has not quoted the Simpsons? Eh?
    That is a purely American show, yet every foreign person I have ever talked to, actually, every person I have ever met, knows of the Simpsons. Most of them enjoy the Simpsons. All of them are familiar with the phrase "D'oh!".

vslayer seems to know a lot about our friends the Simpsons. Look what he has to say on the "which simpsons character is gay thread"!
    Talk about fucking useless trivia. Where does this sheep fucking New Zealander get off on critizing his American heritage, eh? He even admits to having 32 hours of taped Americana.

Sheep fucker.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Interestingly "But I'm the only gay in this village!" from the series Little Britain just surpassed "d'oh" as the favourite comedy catch phrase.

I agree with your point though. I never criticise america as a whole, I've said before I believe it has the best and worst of everything.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

So American culture is whast people all over the place want, even when they slag it off.. talk about biting the hand that feeds you..

I dont actualy LIKE the Simpsons, though. Theyre whiny + boring, and I wish Bart + Lisa would age like real kids! its supposed to be family you can RELATE to, not Peter Pan in a pizza-skatebord never land.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

What happened to the he-she discussion?

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

It got boring.

9. jennyRater Luck B me 2nite Registered Senior Member

yes - here we are all just people. I could have a guy model as my avatar and it shouldnt matter.

Dr lou's avatr stick figure might be either male or female.. so could Spurious's monkey..

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

But baseball cards and remebering who tha hell played on 3base in the 5 inning in 1965, is only something seen in the movies, right?

So american culture boilds down to one word, Dooh? well Doooh.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

ยจ

Female pirates only exist in Hollywood movies. In real life Pirate monkeys are always male. So are their parrots.

12. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

actually pirate parrots where bisexual, because they where a sea for so long timeperiods, that when they finial found another parrot, they did not care for what sex it was

13. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Such as Anne Bonny and Mary Read?

14. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Then stop posting in it.

Everyone, I think (s)he has a point.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Of course we're all people, but don't people deserve to be referred to by the correct third-person pronoun?

. . . Okay.

How do you know the parrots are always male? Did ya look?

15. Roman Banned Banned

Maybe if you don't like the way discussion is going wolfie, you can leave, eh?
    I'm bored of your a/s/l shit, and I think the majority of people in this thread got bored, too.

So all you know of American culture you learned through American movies?
    My goodness Kunax, what a fascinating contradiction you have wove.

16. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

They were really just crossdressers. Untold historic secret. Now you know.

17. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Roman,

Or maybe people should stay on topic, and whoever can't do that can leave, eh?

We all love you too.

It's not "a/s/l shit". Did I ask for age? Did I ask for location?

Age isn't important for referring to a member in the third person. Neither is location. But lo and behold, sex is all-important.

And if you got bored with the topic, then ya can go off and make another thread and talk about American culture and pirates and shit. Leave my thread alone.

93 posts to go!

18. Roman Banned Banned

It's not your thread. The minute you put it here, you lose it.

Try not to be such a fascist?

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Sex is only important if you are with a naked or semi-naked woman. (or man, animal, vegetable, depending on your sexual preference)

20. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

And when you're looking for victims to make clothes out of.

21. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Who made the first post in this thread?

Prove it.

. . . Was that a question or what? There's a question mark, but it doesn't look like a question. How the fuck do I answer something like that?

Hey guys, I think (s)he has a point<Sub>&iexcl;</Sub>

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

92 posts to go!

22. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Athelwulf,

Seriously.
    The idea is stupid.
    Almost as stupid as Jolly Rodger's idea about IQ.
    If you want to put your sex in your profile, you can place it any one of the slots already there. Biography would be an excellent one. Something along the lines of "I got my period at 12" or "My testicles descended last week." Or whatever.

Anyway, if the user wants to advertise his or her sex then fine. If not then also fine. No need to change anything.

And, you know that Spurious is a man.
    You know that Roman is a man.
    You know that many users are man or woman.
    Why do you need anything extra to tell you what you already know if they want you to know?

Stop that.

23. Roman Banned Banned

The Indians were the first people in America. It's our country now. First means nothing.

Well, look at how you're complaining, and have very little control over where the thread is going. In fact, neither of us are arguing about your idiotic idea, but over whether you have any control in this cyber domain.
    Which obviously you do not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.