Healing Cancer from the Inside Out

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by stateofmind, Mar 29, 2009.

?

What's the best cancer treatment?

1. Chemotherapy and conventional cancer treatments give the best chances of curing cancer.

87.5%
  2. Conventional and unconventional methods have about the same chances of curing cancer.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Unconventional, non-poisonous methods are a patient's best bet.

12.5%
  1. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I just got finished watching half of this movie (I downloaded a torrent of it) and it confirmed my beliefs of the corruption of the AMA (American Medical Association) and the ACS (American Cancer Society.)

Homeopathic medicine has been demonized and branded as "quackery" for the sole reason of eliminating competition and maximizing profits. Their tactics are eerily familiar to some of the "scientific skeptics" that frequent this forum.

What do you think about chemotherapy and its effectiveness in treating cancer?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Homeopathic "medicine" has been branded quackery because it is by definition. Proponents of homeopathy have all of the credibility of young Earth creationists.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Would you consider macrobiotics as homeopathic?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Since it is a diet, and not based on homeopathy, no. It is a rival form of nonsense. Found all I need to know about it here:
    If a macrobiotic diet is healthy it is by accident, since foods are selected not for their physical or nutritional qualities, but for their metaphysical properties. Or, it is quite likely that many people, like its founders, improve physically on the diet not for what they take in but for what they discontinue, such as refined foods, meat, milk, and other animal products. All assignment of metaphysical properties to foods is arbitrary, but may be based on sympathetic magic.
    http://skepdic.com/macrobiotics.html

8. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Lol! I've read 3 books on macrobiotics and I've never once read anything about the diet that was attributed to metaphysics. Maybe you should quit letting your "skepdicks" do your research for you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And don't you think that part of your diet is what you you DON'T take in?

By the way.. have either you or spidergoat seen this movie I referenced in the title? If you get a chance to watch it please let me know what you think!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  9. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

So the concept of yin and yang isn't an integral part of the macrobiotic diet?

A diet that eschews alcohol, fatty foods, etc. is what has been advocated by mainstream health authorities for decades now. People that do so are likely to be healthier than those who don't, with no need for mystical nonsense such as yin and yang.

10. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

How is yin/yang metaphysical? Can black exist without white? Can a front exist without a back? Male without female? It's a principle of the order of nature - it can be seen in all things.

11. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

What movie was it that you saw?
    Chemo is effective at shrinking tumors. Time is of the essence once a tumor is discovered. Who has time to shrink a tumor through diet?

12. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

The name of the movie is the thread title.

If you have visible signs or symptoms of a tumor then that indicates that it's been with you for a quite some time. For a tumor to be forming for 10 years unnoticed isn't uncommon today. Some people have had them developing for decades.

The rush for a decision that a doctor puts on his/her patient is unnecessary. The tumor didn't just appear the night before. It's a lot like a tree that's been growing for many years and then finally bears fruit. Once a cancer is found there is usually a considerable amount of time for the patient to research and decide what the best treatment is for themselves.

What's more, most people that are "cured" of cancer after chemotherapy (and from what I hear it's a fate worse than the cancer itself) usually revert and develop another cancer after a few years.

The success rate of this treatment is unbelievably low, and in stark contrast to the "good news" we hear or read every so often about the war on cancer. In reality, the progression that's been made in conventional cancer treatment since the 1930's has maybe only extended the death sentence by a couple of months.

In my opinion, it's completely logical and plausible that cancer is a result of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. Through symptomatic medicine (the industry standard in the west) we can only ever slow down illnesses, but not cure them - because the root is still strong and healthy.

Call me a quack or an idiot but I'm of the firm belief that everything in the universe happens for a reason. Only if we find out the reason can we create lasting solutions.

13. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't call you a quack at all, but some cancers present so advanced that something has to be done immediately. My late husband had a tumor so close to his windpipe that if chemo wasn't started to shrink it, the tumor would have choked off his air supply. Not alot of choices here.

Healthy lifestyle isn't always a guarantee that cancer won't develop. I hate to keep using my late husband as an example, but he was really healthy and young.

I know if I had a choice of slowing down a cancer and having a few more years, or dying right away... I would choose to stay, for as long as possible.
    (but probably for my kids sake)

And finally, only through research of why cancers develop can any treatment ever be effective. Unfortunately, if you develop a rare cancer, there usually isn't enough research devoted to studying it to be of any help to the individual.

Everything in the universe happens for a reason.
    Your preaching to the choir.

14. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

If homoeopathy were actually true then merely drinking tap water would be sufficient: it's been in contact with every disease you can think of and diluted more than enough.
    It is quackery, pure and simple.

15. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Citation needed. Show me objective evidence of the existence of yin and yang. I don't accept it as a matter of faith, I need proof. Any diet based on the concept of yin and yang is based on nonsense.

16. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

I've always found this to be a laughable quote. Tell that to this little girl.

17. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

@Repo man.

That picture is very heartbreaking. I interpret the quote "Everything happens for a reason" as, very simply: in order for things to change or improve, somethings got to happen first, to bring it the issue to light, whether it's heartbreaking or not.
    Take that picture you posted. It's horrible image. But did that stop the person from taking it? No. Do you think the person took it just to be mean? No. I assume they took the photo, and circulated it to bring this issue to light, and hopefully to bring attention to this plight. Everything happens for a reason.

18. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

The unstated assumption here is that there is a purpose to the universe, and all of the heartbreak and suffering is leading up to something. I'm unaware of any good reason to believe this. I cannot prove that it isn't true, I cannot prove that existence is futile and meaningless, but you cannot prove that this is all leading up to something. Since you are the one making the assertion, the burden of proof is on you.

The photographer later committed suicide.

19. justwonderingjoe Gosh,the weather is nice today Registered Senior Member

I didn't say "there is a purpose for the universe and all of the heartbreak and suffering is leading up to something" those are your words. You implied wrong.
    I simply stated sometimes something heartbreaking occurs, which can in turn bring about a change for the better.
    I love the argument "the burden of proof is on you" ~s~. We are talking about a thought, a personal philosophy, not a scientific experiment.

20. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I already did but it seems you didn't understand it.

Now in regard to that picture you posted - how does this refute that everything happens for a reason? The reason that girl is in such a condition is because she doesn't have enough food or water to feed herself. The reason for that, in this specific situation (I think), is because of government politics and gang violence. The cause for gang violence is probably from a need of ample food, water and shelter - which leads back to government politics.

I'm not so well versed in African politics so I can't go into any detail. I'm sure there are many scholars that can shed a lot of light on this subject and give reasons for these tragedies.

All this is clear as day to me - I'm honestly amazed that you can't see it.

21. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

No, you picked selected examples and claimed they were evidence.
    Hmm, opposites...
    Gravity and...
    Mass and...
    Toast and...

Um, they are reasons WHY, not reasons FOR.

22. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

That's why I said there is usually enough time to research and figure out the best decision for yourself. Despite this, I still think that a diet and lifestyle change would be better medicine even for this kind of situation - but of course that's my own opinion.

Well maybe he was young be clearly he wasn't healthy if he developed cancer. Let's not jump to the conclusion that a healthy appearance automatically means health.

As far as a healthy lifestyle goes... I don't think many people even know what a healthy lifestyle is. How many changes has the western nutrition system been changed and modified in the last 50 years? Maybe 100 times? A thousand?

Of course you would want more time - but at what cost? Would you want more time in a living hell? Or would you want a shorter time in relative comfort? (although, given the information from the video, it looks like people who opt not to go through chemo actually live longer.)

Not to mention - as I've stated before - most people who survive chemo get cancer later on. It's not a lasting solution. It seems more like a sick money scheme - or if you're more optimistic about the state of things - innocent ignorance.

Thanks for your insights justwonderingjoe! I would like to hear what you think of the movie if you get a chance to see it. Let me know if you do.

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Wall sockets have a positive and a negative! Proof of yin and yang all over the home! How could I have been so blind. Keep trying.