heaven

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Gustav, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

pardon me but i have questions
    i would like to accept jesus christ as my savior and go to heaven
    however, a heathen showed me this.....

*And there was war in heaven; Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels. (Rev. 12:7)

*And the armies of heaven, wearing fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. (Rev. 19:14)

*From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. (Matt. 11:12)

*Truly I tell you, among those born of women no one has arisen greater than John the Baptist; yet the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. (Matt. 11:11)

*Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. (Matt 24:34-35)

please explain
    say it isnt so
    amen

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: It isn't so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

please explain?
    are you christian?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Heaven and the kingdom of god is a state of mind. Hell too.

8. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Gustav,

Yes it must be true. The bible is inerrant. Heaven it appears is a violent place.

9. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

Heaven is war, war is hell, the hell with heaven.

10. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Explain what? What is the conclusion you came to when you read these verses? Whats the problem?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

11. Gustav Banned Banned

pardon
    it seems to be a violent place

"'In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.' " (jesus)

i live in one of the safest cities in the us
    after i die, i want to keep on being safe

my conclusion?
    hmm

there are warmongers in heaven

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

a social hierarchy exists in heaven

heaven will be razed to the ground

12. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Well, the word 'heaven' is a misunderstanding by most people - that does not refer to a place where you will live an afterlife, but space. Heaven is that dark thing you see when you look up. Your next life, if there was such a thing, is in jerusalem, (from a biblical perspective).

The earth is destroyed, then a new earth is made and jerusalem, (made of gold and gems instead of mud and sand), comes down 'out of heaven' and you get to live in there, while the liars, sexually immoral, fortune tellers and dogs have to dwell outside the city.

Of course it's all bollocks, and if you believe a word of it you ought to be taken outside and beaten with a large stick - but there's the explanation.

Read revelations 21 -

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Heaven is nothing more than a weak man's need.

14. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Ummm the scripture prophesizes One 1 battle in heaven. And we know who wins it. Apart from that battle there is no other battle foretold. Therefore you don't need to worry about such things. Note the only ones taking part in this battle are Angels. No human involvement.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Oh yes a hierarchy exists in heaven God is God and will remain God. No problem there God is a perfect ruler.

15. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

No, heaven is for the strong.

16. geeser Atheism:is non-prophet making Valued Senior Member

let's reword it then, heaven is a place that exists, for the weak minded, the delusional, the misguided, the confused, the deceived, the disinformed, the foolish, the ill-advised, the imprudent, the misled, the misplaced, the mistaken, the unreasonable, the unwise, the disfunctional religious pratt.

17. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

If you think you are a body, you can only understand bodily things. God says in the Bible that he created Heaven on the 1st day and the "sky" on the 2nd day, so they are definitely different things.

In other words, there was a separation between consciousness and an outer material world. Being is a duality, since what you are and what you see are two different things.

18. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Please, stop with the mindless, inane garbage. I don't have time for it.

Of course the sky and heaven are different things. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part, but I thought even you would manage to pick up on the word "space" that I used. However, day 2 does not involve the 'sky'. Day two is where god makes the divide between the waters above and the waters below, and proceeds to call the 'vault' inbetween - heaven.

If you know anything about ancient astronomy and belief, they thought that there was a 'sky dome' full of water encasing the earth, (looking somewhat like a snowglobe). That is what this refers to - aswell as the later mentions of god opening the 'flood gates'.

In other words a penguin fucked a llama and gave birth to chicken wings. Dude, seriously.. how about you stop your make-believe "other words", and concentrate on the actual words?

In actual words, god created the heavens, (space), and the earth. It really is quite simple and I have no idea why you have to turn it all into some freak daydream of yours.

Duh.. like when I see a horse.. I'm a human and the horse is uhh.. a horse. Go away you silly boy.

19. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

Then ignore it.

That "water" doesn't mean the kind of water you think of. It is the so called "astral light". You know the 4 [cosmic] elements. WAIT!!!

Words can have several meanings, definitions... words are not just words, they are representations of things in the world. So, the things in THIS world can also be representations of the things in the.. "hidden place".

"There is nothing which is hidden that will not become manifest"

For example:

Love is a manifestation of the "fiery" aspect of God on emotional level
    A lion is a manifestation of the "fiery" aspect of God on animal level
    Red is a manifestation of the "fiery" aspect of God on color level (since it's the "first one" in the color circle, like lion, fire, is in the Zodiac)

(you know the 4 elements, the 4 faces of God, the Zodiac)

The ones who teached people had to convert the real, hidden things, into words and things which the early people could understand. Ex. the self became distinct personal entities called gods. Since the people were ordinary humans, they could only understand according to ordinary human level of consciousness.

If you try to teach something about something very advanced, like quantum mechanics, to a child, you won't use advanced equations and the actual descriptions. You convert it into a form which a child can understand. That's why religions sound silly if you look at them without converting them back to their original form.

The water is an earthly representation of the real thing. Water gives life.

20. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Heaven is nothing more than a need for weak man or woman.

21. water the sea Registered Senior Member

You still haven't quite convinced yourself of that, have you?
    This is why you have to keep repeating it so much.

22. duendy Registered Senior Member

so you are of te 'spare the rod spoil the child' persuasion --as writ i te good book?...heh

23. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Although your English is somewhat hard to understand, I will simply restate that from a biblical perspective 'heaven' relates to the expanse of blackness known as space.

Well, I doubt the earth had the ability to claim the gems belonged to it and that those patriarchs had no right to dig them up, however - it also shows how materialistic the biblical writers were - while complaining about materialistic people. With some time spent reading and analysing a lot of the NT text, you can see it's a battle between those that had everything and those that had nothing. It's the very notion of "it's harder for a rich man to get to heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle".. That's a seriously hard task and no mistake.

The NT is there to make the peasant feel worthy - like he too will inherit and earn to such a degree whereby he becomes the rich man. On the other side of the coin, the rich man gets to end up a peasant.But the materialistic nature of man, (and god), still shines through loud and clear. A place made of all kinds of gems and gold and rubies and emeralds.. oh it's so wonderful. If worship and love were what heaven was all about you'd have just as much fun living in a city made of dog turd.

This is evident throughout the bible, (even the OT), where god demands ransoms - payments of shekels, fine bowls and robes and all other kinds of "rich man" shit that god has absolutely no bloody need for.

Although I fail to see it's relevance here, I might aswell point out that I have never considered using a rod - damn I've never even raised my voice - at my child, and she is perfect. Absolutely 100% perfect. the OT god's barbaric and ignorant opinions are well out of date now.. Man in general should know better.