Hell Freezes Over - Fox News Apologizes for Blatant Lies

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Kittamaru, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/0...es-for-telling-blatant-lies-on-the-air-video/

Woah... I'm just... amazed. Make Shit Up Media actually apologized for making shit up...!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't get too excited. Fox is doing what it has always done. It's pretending to be a news service. And news services apologize when they make mistakes. This apology enhances their credibility with the ditto head crowd. Notice the apology is not American conservatism or the Republican Party.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Every media source exaggerates, spins , lies and deceives people to whatever agenda they are discussing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Wow
    Fox is just like the web wherein any jackass with an agenda can spew any "sensational" nonsense that comes to mind.

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Where is the evidence for that opinion? Fox is the American version of The Russian Times. It is scripted weaponized information. Everything Fox does is centered around promulgating Republican ideology and giving it a false aura of credibility. Fox's apology and admission was just another attempt to enhance its credibility and propagate Republican beliefs and influence. When Fox apologizes for all the misinformation that it sends out everyday, that is the day I will be truly shocked. Fox is unique, it is a partisan propaganda machine posing as a news service. And that is why Fox News viewers have been consistently found to be the least well informed, even when compared to people who watch no news at all! Now that is bad. But of course Fox News never apologizes for those things, and they never will.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Exposing-Facts-to-the-Misinformed-Viewers-of-Fox-News/170776332994065

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  9. sculptor Valued Senior Member

For instance, funding the tv series "Cosmos"?
    Neil deGrasse Tyson spewing republican propaganda?

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Is there a point buried in there somewhere?

11. sculptor Valued Senior Member

yup
    counter point to:
    "Everything"
    may have been a tad radical dadio.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Ok, and what is the "counter" or are you just trolling? The documentary, "Cosmos" and Neil deGrasse Tyson have nothing to do with Fox News. Fox News and 21st Century Fox, aren't even the same company nor are they owned by the same parent. The last time I can find Tyson appearing on Fox News was 25 years ago. Tyson hasn't endorsed Fox News. In fact, Fox News hosts have taken pot shots at Tyson over the years.

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

as/re:
    your:
    Jeez dad
    get it right before you post

You do have some worthwhile things to post, you do not need exaggeration, hyperbole, nor ego/id games.

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOL, Jeez, how about you getting it right just once.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Fox News has never had anything to do with the "Cosmos" documentary or Tyson's roll in it.

15. sculptor Valued Senior Member

You do remember that you posted:
    Fox, fox news, fox network, 21st century fox, are all the same company.
    So, yes, according to Tyson: Fox were willing to fund the project without demanding editorial control.

Which kind of ties this back to the op, wherein fox allowed some opinionated, ill informed jackass to spew garbage.(it would seem---without editorial control)

Did you really expect anything different from any media outlet, news included?

16. billvon Valued Senior Member

Would have been more accurate to say "most."

sculptor likes this.
  17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No, Fox news had NOTHING to do with "Cosmos". It is a separate company. I do remember what I posted. The real question is do you have the ability to comprehend it? I don't think you do.

When has Fox News aired Cosmos? Never, it has never aired Cosmos. It isn't what Fox News does. And unfortunately for you this is about Fox News.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

No, because the part that isn't directly political is used to create an illusion of credibility (I.e. the apology).

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Where do I begin. I'll cite one recent example . The Mr. Brown shooting was , at first, lied about by every Media TV news station saying that Mr. brown had his hands up and was 30 feet away from the officer when he was shot. Then the investigation showed that wasn't true at all and that Mr. Brown was actually shot at very close range when he was trying to take the officers gun from him. Now that is only one, you know there are thousands more so don't play that game with me.

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Except the media didn't lie. It reported, accurately, reported what witnesses said. The media also accurately reported what the state said.

21. rpenner Fully Wired Valued Senior Member

Fox Entertainment Group (itself owned by 21st Century Fox) has as divisions both Fox News Channel and the Fox Broadcasting Company.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-orders-seth-macfarlanes-cosmos-219567 (August 5, 2011)
    Kevin Reilly was President or Chairman of Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company from 2007-2014. He's also the Chairman of the California Board of the Nature Conservancy.
    http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...ia/howwework/california-board-of-trustees.xml

So it's possible for both Fox to be permeated by an pro-Republican anti-science bias and for it to green light co-production (along with National Geographic Channel) of a pro-science-education show that challenges beliefs held by some of its conservative viewers. Big corporations aren't always "just one thing" -- sometimes neither are individual people.

sculptor likes this.
  22. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

There were many witnesses that saw what happened but all of the rest of them were not mentioned until the grand jury was done finding out what REALLY happened. You seem to forget about all of the others or were you just going to leave them out like the media did?

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I forgot nothing. Mainstream media reported the news as it became known. They reported their sources. They were honest. The grand jury material was secret and wasn't released to the media. The media didn't report what they didn't know. This isn't Fox News which just makes stuff up. When the coroner's records were released, the media prompt and accurately reported that witness testimony differed significantly with the findings of the coroner.