Heroes!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by joepistole, Aug 21, 2015.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Two unarmed US Marines on leave thwart a terrorist attack in France on a French train and take down an armed terrorist. Simper Fi jarheads! We are lucky to have you serving our country. These young men are being credited with saving hundreds of lives.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/21/u...wielding-gunman-on-high-speed-train-to-paris/

While in the Navy many years ago I served for a time with the US Marines. They don't get better than the US Marines.

sideshowbob and Dr_Toad like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No one killed and the terrorist taken down - freaking beautiful. That is what I call a heroic act!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Yazata Valued Senior Member

France is happy they were there, too!

Apparently they were near the train car's rest room, saw this suspicious character enter with his bag, and heard the distinctive sound of a rifle's action from inside. So they took up positions beside the door and when the terrorist came out with his AK, they jumped him. Unfortunately, during the struggle, one of the Americans was shot and seriously wounded. But the terrorist (a Moroccan national) ended up on the train car's floor, with a bloody face and his hands tied behind his back. The news says that he had a number of loaded magazines for his AK, plus a handgun, so lots of train passengers could have been gunned down if the US soldiers weren't there.

Finally Joe and I can agree about something. Heroes!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr_Toad It's green! Valued Senior Member

They probably wouldn't agree. They were doing their job.

And damned well.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. el es Registered Senior Member

sculptor likes this.
  9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

10. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Apparently some portions of the initial reports were wrong. They were not marines. One was an airman and one was a national guardsman (both military guys), one American was not military but a friend of the servicemen and a British traveler who joined in and helped tying up the terrorist by lending his tie to subdue the terrorist and assisted by translating. I'm impressed. And they had not followed or suspected the terrorist prior to seeing the armed terrorist.

Now the terrorist wants people to believe he was just there to rob the train. You don't need an AKS (a riffle) with 8 magazine clips, a handgun, and an assortment of cutting devices (e.g. box cutters) to rob a train. All that hardware limits the loot one can take away from the heist. And funny thing, he had no bags to carry away his loot. No, the robbery story just doesn't play out given the facts and given his links with terrorists. He didn't need to shoot someone in the neck to rob them.

These service men just happened to be in the right place at the right time. They saw what was happening and charged the terrorist and subdued him and then went on to render aid to the person the terrorist shot in the neck. Putting pressure on the victim's artery could very well have saved that person's life. Yeah, these guys are truly heroes. This event clearly demonstrates their integrity and the quality of their training.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  11. Capracus Valued Senior Member

Not until Trump acknowleges them as such.

12. el es Registered Senior Member

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

15. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Yes. I do believe it is rather a bullshit excuse. And I'm left wondering who's idea was it, the lawyers or his?

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Who takes off his shirt to rob a train? Where was he going to put the loot without pockets or bags?