higher levels of mind states, meditation and problems with what you have seen.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jan 23, 2006.

1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

if anybody needs help with problems they have, to do with meditation, or attaining higher mind states, i will gladely help with anything anyone wants to know,

i have achieved second highest mind state, i will talk to serious people only please,

snow did you need help with the void of single existance and nothingness that you see, this is the most scary mind state to achieve, how did you achieve it and c ould you describe in detail of what you see and how you felt, i will help i know how if you give details,

peace

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

looking into the void is scary. i have gone passed that, reach the mind state again untill you go into the void, when you can do this you can maybe try to do what only few can. that is truley be the void, litteraly beccoming god and one with the single existance,

peace.

dont confuse the void with the blackness and nothingness that you see in basic meditative state,

that is the lowest form of meditation, focus on nothing is step one to achieve,

the void is different to every person i believe,

peace,

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Lucky me I found this post, I have a problem that need help.

When I meditate almighty God (Lord Shiva for me) often appear and I really get scared because of the fear of death or what ever. I tend to relate him to some one who don’t have rules and who is beyond life and death and for the same reason I fear he may not care about my this life and do something (unknown) !

Any suggestion to overcome this fear?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

yes realise its possible to die and it will happen, learn to smile at it and accept,

rid your ego look the deity in the eyes, and say your not scared anymore, and surrender yourself at deaths feet,

then the journey from there is your own,

8. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Dear Empty…

I am not surrendering type and neither interested in smiling about death. I am only interested to avoid seeing God, while I meditate, and more interested to reach my final destination even while alive and conscious – any suggestions towards that?

9. VitalOne Banned Banned

Hello,

A wave of fear is common when the kundalini is active and awakened. Once you rid yourself of fears then the kundalini precedes upward until it reaches the sahasara chakra. The fears are caused by past karma that must be cleared up before the kundalini precedes upward. The fear is something you've always had in your mind and must confront and get rid of. I suggest imagining the exact opposite of your fear occuring.

See more - http://swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-6.htm

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

these are indian methods no?.

i have not fully grasped indian methods yet, i understand what you say though, the chakra is central 3rd eye point center forehead right?

and yes what you say is true, i am unsure about the karma side though i am niether here nor there on that matter,

but your advice is sound, rid the fears that plague you, that is always the way to go before achieving anything, while fear is in place you will feel the effects untill they reside,

i do not see god while in meditation, aslong as you do not want to see god and fear it you will see him. look god in the face while in meditation and do not let it shake you atall. look past god and see what is behind or inside of him,

try to merge as one if you can,

see when it comes to this type of thing it works differently for each person, because god to you might not represent god to me in my mind, that god could be yourself, it could represent anything. the god itself could actually be the very fear that your trying to avoid confronting within yourself,

i would need more details, could you run me through a whole session word for word please,

from when you sit down into your meditative stance (whatever that is) i practise zen buddhism meditation, (no gods involved in zen by the way)
    i sit in lotus position or sword hand mostly nowdays,

anyways yeah run me through step by step, howlong it lasts what you see first how it appears, colours size emotions (yes especially colours and size of everything, they represent alot int he human mind,

every little detail please then i can help properly,

peace.

11. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

How do you stop the tumbling?

the falling... the spinning?

and how do you let go when splitting in two?

-MT

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

as for the other thing you asked about, achieving death without dying, many chinese people go off into the mountains to accomplish this very task, i suggest you stay away from it to be honest,

a certain type of buddhism speaks of such things, (i forget the exact type of buddhism) anyways the name is irrelevent all that is relevent is the knowledge you learn not its title,

it deals with the dying state of mind, basicaly wichever state of mind you pass away in, that will be your next existance, ie if you think your going to heaven you will, same if you think your going to hell you will, basically its saying your yi (intention) controlls your afterlife, whatever mind state you actually die in that will be your existance, i personally find this interesting and quite possible,

but slightly scary maybe if you think about it properly, if you imagine an infinite existance of your single conciousness, that would be boring wouldent it,

but yeah anyways i say wait for your time to come to you, daoist death meditation is interesting though, i practice is sometimes you roughly go into a death like state, slow everything down completely, and just act like your dead, dont move go limp and just be dead thats all there is to t, there are other forms of this but this is basically all you do, just play dead, its not much different from normal meditation when you concerntrate on nothingness, but it feels different and you sit different, also breath different,

try your best to meditate and experiment different ways, but dont try killing yourself to see whats ont he other side though,

peace.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

control,

manipulation of your own thoughts, you need higher levels and practice at it,

get a single candle light it in a dark room, sit infront of it cross legged, and dont take your eyes off the flame, keep doing this untill you get better and better, it will grately improve your focus and mental shen (spirit), once your good at this close your eyes and just imagine the flame, manipulate the flame everyway you can, just make sure your in control of the imaginary flame, once you can fully controll the flame, you can fully control your mind,

it is mastering the self, and the mind of the self, years and years ago i used to have this trouble in my mind thatw hen i wanted to imagine something the complete opposite would be imagined in my mind, and basically my midn would fight my intention, and it bugged me alot, so i done candle meditation along with other things after, (i will share when you have completed this method first like i did) this should help you alot, i know its frustrating when the mind does what you cannot control.

also again i will state the fear thing, make sure your bieng true to yourself when you tell yourself you have no fears, i do fear training and i am close to fearing nothing atall at this point in my life (quite young still im proud of my achievements at this age 21)

i do martial art drills on cliff edge and high rise things etc, i do something that im unsure about every day, i dedicate days of training where i go away from the city my wife friends and family, so im alone in a forest or wooded area with animals nature etc, and train at the dead of night on my own in scary atmosphears, go to graveyards to practice taiji (tai chi) by myself at night, these things might sound strange but they all play a part in my fear training,

try living one day like your already dead, want nothing crave nothing, enjoy nothing breath minimal, do not eat do not drink, do not talk, do not listen do not watch do not think, after that day is up you will feel different trust me,

bushido way of life isnt for me, but one day living like your already dead is quite interesting, i have only done a couple of times though.

peace.

14. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

The brave man does not live without fear.. he recognises it for what it is, and is able to overcome it.

but i hear what your saying..

but if i look at a flame.. im not meditating...

and can i use something other than a flame?

-MT

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

ahh 2 things, there are different levels of meditation, and no actually your perfectly right, watchign a flame isnt exactly meditation, but it could be classed as that, its actually a method to prepare you for meditation, and other thigns also,

you should use a flame or water really, as both are formless, and this is what you try to chieve in meditation form without form,

and ahh you see the man who overcommes his fear will realise he is not scared anymore, thus the fear has gone, understand?

you have to realise it and respect it for what it is, yes so true indeed, but if you overcome your fear then you have mastered it, resulting in the fear residing and fading away,

if you step into the ring to fight, you are scared the anticipation is getting to you, you fear whats comming, once the first unch has been thrown, fear goes out the window and has been overcome, the fear may return but can still be defeated,

fear is helpfull,

peace.

16. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I to have studied martial arts, and what i have found is that in battle fear is your greatest weapon.. i.e.. fear in your opponent...

when you say water, might be used... would that be as, in a bowl..?

and do you practice out of body experiences? do you try for such?

AND, would rocommend or consider the use of flashing led's set at 9 to 15 hertz an effective means of reaching higher states of mind?

-MT

17. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

sorry for not mentioning more about the water i am vaige sometimes,

no still water will not work, it has to be running, say ie a mini indoor water feature or something, a running stream is good, focus on 1 single point of the water and monitor the constant change, then once practiced you should close your eyes and do the same as what i said with the candle, try to manipulate the water flow.

and no not that much really, i dont try to reach out of body experiences, but i guess you could say i do kinda, if you count many types of meditation that i try out, but no i dont aim for out of body experiences in the general term its used,

and about the LED lights i dont do anything like that so i have limited knowledge and couldent help you much with that sorry. to me it sounds simular to ancient trance like states that used fire flickers,

and yes fear is a good weapon it is usefull in many ways, but it is good to remember to control the fear and not let fear control you,

wich martial arts style did you practice?. i learn many and teach self defence part time,

i do many forms of shaolin gong fu, taiji, baguazhang, jeet kun do, boxing, muay thai, systema, and i dabble in others, i also have my own style that i teach and practice, it has no name but is based on taiji.

peace.

18. Anomalous Banned Banned

Thats a Lie, If U are not aware of anything including time then U should never be able to be concious again without anyone elses help.

This will severely damage your retina.

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

what was a lie?

and what eye damage? my master shifu shi yanzi of the shaolin temple 36th generation has been doing it for the best part of 20 years he has eyes of an eagle,

i have been doing it for aatleast 6 years maybe more or a little less, i have perfect vision above normal actually, 20/20 vision no short or long range problems, i can focus on a single dot for over 2 days, my eyes are perfectly fine, all of my body is in top working order, i contantly train my body and mind, i get paid for it,

and i dont understand what i lied about exactly could you be more specific please?>

peace.

20. Anomalous Banned Banned

So whats the usual brightness of your PC monitor ?

21. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont know as i said before i have no knowledge about this so i cannot help sorry,

what are you getting at?, i would hate to assume so i will ask instead.

peace

22. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

So the aim is to see the flame when the eyes are closed..??

and so, is that a form of focusing on minor details..

such as staring at an object, and studing all its details. down to the smallest scratch... and then closing ones eyes, and seeing the same object.. in the same detail???

-MT

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

When I attain higher mind states, I always get the munchies. Can this be avoided?