higher levels of mind states, meditation and problems with what you have seen.

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Rajagopals Registered Senior Member

Intention is only to make sure every one is getting pure gold not any other metal. If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen !

I am still interested in what you know about “meditation and other eastern methods about the mind”

By the way who’s the gurl in the pic

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. VitalOne Banned Banned

No it doesn't. It means you recover knowledge for your past, much like how your unconscious tries to remind you of past things.

Also, Krishna even says unsuccessful yogis recover their past knowledge in their new life. I don't know what's so unbelievable about this.

Well, I've found that jyotisha does work. I've looked up people's charts, like Malcolm X, JFK, etc...and the day of their death there are very strong indications for death. For instance, in Malcolm X's chart, the dasha he was going through indicated death and also the antar-dasha indicated danger from injury by weapon (Malcolm X got shot and died).

I know some pranayama. You seem to be taking the path of austerities, which works, but is supposed to be difficult. However, there are many many paths. For instance, bhakti yoga may very well be the greatest yoga namely because whatever you focus on you become, so in the end, a person absorbed in bhakti yoga will become equal to Narayana.

Well ok, but in psychology, your actions and past memories DO condition your behavior, thoughts, practices, beliefs, etc...

In the Srimad Bhagavatam Krishna talks about the different elements and how some sages say there are 5 while others say there are 6, 12, 17, etc...but he says they are all reasonable attempts to explain the truth (kind of like classical physics).

Also, the methods I use seem to work great for me.

I don't think so. You seem to lack true knowledge, by which you can see truths in many different things, and not in just one idea/concept/way. But who knows

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. duendy Registered Senior Member

i like the 'may Nature protect you' bit. not mad on advaita

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

I know duendy, but you don't understand. The grey is BOTH black and white, which also means that it is NEITHER black or white. You can't know light without darkness, but light and darkness are one and the same thing, in two different states.

Only the "gray" exists, but it can be divided into two extremes, like black and white. I said this before. It's hard to explain but maybe you understand.

There is a basic state, where everything is put. That is nothingness. The basic state of being is happiness. When we refuse our true nature, we get something else than happiness.

By trying to evolve and become greater we restrict our growth and happiness. In the presence, nothing exists. We are imprisoned between space and time, between past and future.

Happiness comes when we let go of everything. Somethingness restricts us from being happy, from being what we really are. The only reason why we seek happiness is because in reality, we ARE happiness. We try to reach it in time and space, but we are not in time and space, they are illusions, the reality is in the present moment where nothing exists, it is the rest state.

On the 7th day god rested, there was no creation on the 7th day. The two poles unite into one.

you only like happiness. even if people seek sorrow, they seek happiness.

bad things are good because they open our eyes, they let us see the truth. people like hitler opened our eyes by killing everyone. they showed that we're doing something wrong, and that's why he was born. to prevent evil being born, we must change. that is their message.

without bad, we could not know good, so bad things are good! see? they are the same thing, the same love, the same truth, in two different states. good and evil have individual existence only in the mind, just like all other "opposites", complementary halves.

two things are complementary because they're the same thing, separated by our mind, into two parts. they couldn't be connected, they wouldn't need each other, if they weren't the same thing divided into two.

i was just kidding anyway

8. duendy Registered Senior Member

you cant kid a kidder

9. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

of course.

you are in the wheel of dualism. you can't reach the end of a circle. but we come from the center. at the center, there is neither happiness or unhappiness. there is only peace, rest. the center is what causes all changes. all signs radiate from the center of the zodiac.

mostly i'm unhappy, like you probably already knew.

but like i said before, it's possible that this is hell. buddha reached ultimate happiness, but as long as life exists, suffering will exist. and life can't be terminated. so maybe there is no hope. maybe you're right. unhappiness might come back again, forever.

but i can always hope there is non-existence.

that's right. everyone wants only happiness. only the eternal can satisfy the immortal soul.

of course. but pure evil does not exist. people are not evil, they're only unhappy, lost, forsaken and ignorant, so they do evil things. it's not their fault.

i can because i'm just a kid.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  10. duendy Registered Senior Member

kiss ya on the nose

11. kmguru Staff Member

I get horny...can it be avoided too?

12. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

it "doesn't matter" if i put words in your mouth and misunderstand you. you still understand yourself and you know your own truth. words can't affect truth. faith in truth. but it feels to me that most people try to convince themselves that they're right when they're discussing. otherwise, if they knew the truth, they'd often just be quiet and DO the truth.

you know... i don't really believe the things i say. i don't live by them. i'm neutral to them. i usually defend ideas just for the sake of discussing to find more. only i know the truth about me. it doesn't matter what i say. truth can't be seen like that. so why do you believe i believe THIS? but you don't. because the same goes for everything remains

13. duendy Registered Senior Member

doesn't sound very integral that. i D blieve the tings i say when eyes saying em uterwise i wouldn't say them would i now?

14. Cyperium I'm always me Valued Senior Member

For what reason are you trying to achieve higher mindstates?

Go see what is natural instead. Then they will appear naturally and without risk of harm.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i never stepped into the kitchen, i wasnt hungry,

i dont really know how to reply to that "what do you know" im not sure really, you could say i know nothing atall, and you could say i know alot about eastern philosophy/methods etc, what type of eastern methods are you interested in learning about?, im most learned in chinese methods more than other nations, i will help you with things as best i can, i find the best way to begin with meditation for a begginer, is just to practice, other people cant really tell you that much about your own mind, each persons mind is as different as there fingerprints, they appear the same but closer inspection shows how differently peoples minds are mapped out, so my best advice would be to practice and learn from yourself, what better way to learn about yourself than from the source, just like the dao says the true dao cannot be taught from word of mouth or from texts, it must be lived and experienced. just meditate and try different things see what works for you,

and thats my wife in the picture (avatar).

peace.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

hmmm good question, why indeed.

i dont actually know to be truthfull and completely honest, i guess its a hobby and i just like to improve myself in everyway possible, physically/mentally/spiritually/emotionally, proggress is key to me, i have tools (body,mind) and they have the ability to improve with training, so why not improve your tools, a carpenter will sharpen his tools, simply because they work better when there sharp.

yes naturally is correct, but you can naturally improve your mind with training, but i agree with what you say.

peace.