[Hijacked]Ideas from Roswell crash article

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by MetaKron, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Who knows about the Roswell crash. This article claims that Werner Von Braun actually handled the materials from the Roswell crash site and they seemed something like skin except that the materials were very strong and aluminum covered.

Now consider the fact that there are already bacteria that concentrate iron and manganese. Maybe there are bacteria that concentrate other pure elements.

A substance like that that appears to be "like skin" might be grown on a scaffold, or form, like the experiments with replacement organs that are going on right now. Actual human skin is being grown by the square foot, also. So, if an organism can be engineered into growing very specific substances, like the chitinous shell of an insect, out of metals and silicon, then it can produce arbitrarily large pieces of material that can be used for a spacecraft hull. Maybe instead of going through all of the chemical process and heating processes to manufacture a metallic ceramic material, it would be better to build it molecule by molecule this way, using bacteria or other living material, maybe modified animal or vegetable cells. A silicon-based cellulose is an idea, and so is incorporating a thin layer of metal to deflect ultraviolet.

If the manufacturing matrix is an actual skin, then it will be dependent on support from the culture medium and can't get loose like bacteria can.

Maybe this isn't even a very original idea, but it's new to me. It seems like it could work out to be quite cheap and could work with lunar materials.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Uh, fuck whoever moved this. The actual content is about an engineering concept, so pull your head out of your ass and actually READ the goddam post before moving it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

What's a "lunar material"?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cat2only Registered Senior Member

I hate it when that happens!!

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Any material mined from the moon, but in this instance I would favor manufacture from your basic basaltic rock. Iron, titanium, aluminum, silicon, and oxygen are candidates for the manufacture of ceramic or ceramic-like "grown" materials. Maybe they can be printed onto a substrate like paper, plastic film, or aluminum foil, something that is already being done with some "smart" materials. Use an arrangement like an inkjet printer.

9. halo07guy Registered Senior Member

I could see many uses for this. For example, the development ofgeneration ships. Or even better, eternal life(grow a new heart, repair brain damage, make a new pair of lungs, grow new skin, an end to cancer[ Cut out the effected areas and grow replacements], and a huge array of other things. This includes artificial wombs and brand new limbs.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

They've been talking about "printing" body tissues for about five years now.

I would like to see something like this for repair of auto bodies and chassis.

11. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

Suppose I started a thread called ``Idea for an invisibility ray''?

Which forum should I post in?

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You can't - there isn't a dedicated woowoo thread

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

In the "I'm putting a bucket over your head, you toothless moron" forum.

14. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

Physics & Math. You could always stick it in one of those 'M-Theory' threads and claim it was working in the 11th dimension or something.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

I don't think that's enough justification to shift it here. He is asking for possible ways such a substance could be made, not presenting arguments about UFOs etc. That question could be responded to by people knowledgable in physics, chemisty etc., without meaning they were supporting beliefs they do not have. A perfectly scientific conversation.

16. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Peachy, but I moved nothing.

17. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

No, but you handed out an infraction for behavior that was no worse than theirs.

18. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Very simple reason it's here. Conspiracy!

If you wanted to discuss Exobiology then you shouldn't of used Roswell as the basis of your 'Theory'. You are welcome to restart your discussion in one of the other forums but I'd suggest to stay away from adding anything about Area 51, Roswell, Little Grey men or UFO's as they tend to point to a work of fiction and obviously undermine the 'Seriousness' of your thread.

19. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Shove it.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

What kind of moderator hands out infractions to just one side of an argument like this, when the other side is being just as abusive? What is Avatar, about 16?

21. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Only one side of the argument is being overly insulting and directly offensive. He actually forgot a post -you should get an infraction for post #2 as well.

22. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

15, actually. Keep up the bucketing and shoving. Cheers!

23. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Avatar, you decided to simply start a pissing contest here. I do think that you are abusing your privileges as moderator here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.