[Hijacked]Ideas from Roswell crash article

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by MetaKron, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Do you know how many times we have people complain about Moderators here, a lot of times but the real kicker is the number of people that complain. They always seem to be the same few with the same rhetorical complaints, in fact it's like their complaints have been delegated so rigorously that they've actually manifested a delusional world in which on they live.

Avatar was right to give you an infraction, now complaining about it is just going to upset yourself further and get you in deeper in regards to infractions. You should just take the ones you've got with a pinch of salt and not whine about it, you'll then find yourself not so 'Persecuted' as you might put it.

As for your thread subject, you have a 'Theoretical idea' without any notable foundations (or at least referenced ones), If you use Roswell as a reference well you end up here, simple as.

I'm not going to argue on this point any longer however since after all you are now causing the hijacking of your own thread and it's disintegration. It's up to you to make the discussion work and not fall into that usual whirlpool of name calling and 'woowoo' rhetoric.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I didn't cause the hijacking of the thread, Stryder. There was no reason for a pair of nit-nats to descend on this thread with the "woo-woo" insulting crap. There was also no reason for Avatar to defend them from just retaliation without giving them an infraction for the "woo-woo". There was no reason for Avatar to taunt me. If your group wanted to appear to have the maturity even of a bright teenager, you could have done so, I think.

There is a good reason why you get so many complaints about the moderators here.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Don't take their woowoo insults personally, why do you think people make such comments? It's very simple they see if the OP gets agitated or not. Looking at your posting history, you get Agitated very quickly which obviously leads to you being singled out.

All I can suggest is to ignore them, don't bite back at their flames or comments as all you do is stoke the fire and since for the majority of the time that fire is directed at you, you'll be the only one that gets burnt.

Now lets get back on topic, you want to suggest growth of 'exobiological' materials, do you mean something similar to nanotube's (Crystallised constructs etc) or something that is more biological in form?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

That would be about correct if for the fact that in this thread nobody called MetaKron a woowoo.
    Check it, you'll see. The only place where this worrd appears is in response to the hypothetical 'invisibility ray' mentioned by someone other.

8. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

Stryder, I am open to all possibilities for forming a material atom by atom, molecule by molecule, whatever. If it is more biological in form there is the possibility of having the constructors build themselves from local materials. With the technology and other considerations that we have today, it's safer and more practical to do this stuff on the moon.

I believe that with the technologies that we already have, we might already be close to being able to create a synthetic coral (not actually an original idea there) that can build a smooth silicon-based skin that can then be modified, treated, or have other materials grown on to it. I think that programmable single-celled life isn't all that far away.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I don't see why people can't have ideas based on fantasy that actually can pan out into legitimate discussions.

The question Metakron posed was about neither Roswell nor exobiology. It was a question about the possibility of using an engineered bacteria to construct durable building materials. A self-regenerating structure.

Is this idea really so 'pseudo' as all that?

You do realize that bacteria are presently producing plastic?

And that stromatolites are some of the earliest evidences of life on this planet?

Now. I can't really defend the rant Metakron went into, but I do think his original idea is a sound one.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

And I never called anyone a toothless moron, either, but that didn't stop you from going off.

11. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I like to be honest about where I get my ideas. I read that article and got the idea, and I'm probably not the first one to get the idea, either.

Skin can be grown artificially, so leather can be grown artificially. A modified or absolutely brand new organelle can be made into the cells that releases a silicone compound at some point in the growth cycle. Diatoms already build silicon skeletons. The key to material strength is in microstructures and nanostructures that link together with strong chemical bonds. These can be next to impossible to produce with more conventional processes, which is why layered strands of graphite are so much stronger per pound than steel, whose microstructures are crushed during processing.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'll tell you what Meta, I'll get rid of that 'Toothless moron' infraction if it chills you out.

In fact what I'm going to do is Close this thread and start you up a clean one, it's up to you how your handle people in regards to it, but remember we are watching.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.