Hilary. No Chance.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Captain Kremmen, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Hilary looks
    angry, calculating, ruthless, hateful.

Americans are suckers for people with charm.
    She hasn't got it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Then why is she winning?

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

OK, so we have a bet on. Since the American people's wish has nothing to do who is going to be the prez....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

This is from a Republican

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/01/obama-is-the-democrats-reagan.html#comments

10. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Exactly, she's showing a double digit lead in Florida, as well as leads in CA & NY.

If she carries those three states, she's probably going to pick up enough in some of the other battleground states to secure the nomination.

I was shocked to see her with a double digit lead in the polls in my home state of TN. She's not real popular around here, but then again, neither is her opponent.

11. countezero Registered Senior Member

"Bubba" is hardly an albatross. Voters, wayward souls that they are, still love Bill.

As for his wife, I've never counted her out of this race — and won't now. She's too adept, her network too large and her ties too expansive to be dismissed by the occasional lost primary.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Obama might indeed be the Democratic Reagan, style over substance. I hope not.

13. countezero Registered Senior Member

Well, I think Regan had plenty of substance (else why would people love/hate him), but I agree with your general sentiment, Spider. Obama is an empty shirt.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I don't think people liked Reagan because he did anything of substance. He acted like the kind of leader they wanted to see on TV, dignified and seemingly tough on the commies.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Reagan was fronting for some very substantial interests - and they protected his image for him, in return for access to the executive branch powers for themselves.

The question would not be the emptiness of style, but the substance of what's going to move into the White House behind it.

What worries me is that the bigot vote has nowhere to go, in this Dem primary stuff. The hated Hillary vs some black guy, or Kerry's choice for VP amd his weenie furrowed brow ?

In the election, it will.

16. countezero Registered Senior Member

Given your overt partisanship, forgive me if I take what you wrote with the proverbial grain of salt.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Obama is going to be your next President Americans.
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's can't be any worse then Bush's Presidency. The only way for us to go is up from here.

19. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Come on, you'd have to find someone braindead to do worse than Bush.

I don't follow US politics much, but I think that Hilary would be a fairly conservative (in European eyes), proper president, who says and does all the right things in a politically correct fashion.

Obama's presidency may be more unpredictable and thus more refreshing and interesting.

21. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Both are good candidates from my view i just think that an Obama presidency would be a welcomed change for our country.

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I guess Clinton's not winning anymore. I don't think she has a chance, either.

23. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

From her statement at the debate last night I'd say she is thinking about stepping down at least.