Hinduism

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by kmguru, Jul 16, 2001.

1. kmguru Staff Member

Hmmmm...who can argue with that belief system....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lightgigantic Banned Banned

attaining a nature of god (eternity, knowledge and bliss) is distinct from attaining the power of god (omnimax)
    just like a drop of salt water has the same nature as the ocean, yet the ocean has a greater potency than the drop

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

The nature of God - only those three or there is more?

Salt water has properties the same as salt water from ocean only if the drop came from the ocean. Making salt water in your kitchen from table salt lacks a lot of other chemicals. And that drop in the kitchen can not attain the properties of Ocean water without external forces.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

its a joke KM. its a joke. you ask how many people in 20th century attained god like charracters. Well sir, i ask you this question, how many people gave up their stupid vanity, their ideas about having a "life", their ideas about being social, how many people truly performed spiritual practices (and that means chanting on any brahm's quailities for continuous period of time, and no i am not talking about some punk 1 hour time a day routine, i am talking years... may be a decade) HOW MANY?

OMG , you need lessons seriously and if all your guys that includes Vital cannot answer that then may be some time later i could start a thread about Brahm vidya. (knowledge of brahm) unless you realize brahm, you will have no idea as to what i am talking about. Then only can you start practising those things.

Rick
    Rick

8. Rick Valued Senior Member

if you guys need to know some stuff, Feel free to IM me. BUT PLEASE READ Upanishads (AND NO COMMENTARIES Please, that include adi shankaracharya, just read translations, carefully.)

Rick

9. Rick Valued Senior Member

IM :::: xxfmulderxx @ AIM

Rick

10. Rick Valued Senior Member

God / ishvara is just a quality of brahm ..., my apologies for so many replies, doing 6 things at once, took a look at sciforums.,.. you guys are turning me own to teach here apparenty ...

11. kmguru Staff Member

NONE?

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

right.

13. lightgigantic Banned Banned

there are innumerable qualities, but they are sub categories of those three

I thought it was clear I was talking about a drop from the ocean vs the ocean

14. kmguru Staff Member

OK...forget the power of God. How many people are Enternal and have full Knowledge of the universe?

Bliss? What is that?

There is a word for these thing - IMPROBABLE

Pseudoscience is just a click away