Hot!Hot!HOT!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by chimpkin, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Naw Frag, cold is below 0 F, anything more is warm.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"Cold" in Australia means the ice in your drink doesn't melt quite as fast as usual......or you are in the water and need to get out before something eats you.

Also, you don't live in CA anymore, you live in DC - remember? :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

Sure about that?

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/zipcode/48201/1963-06-01

http://www.almanac.com/weather/history/zipcode/48201/2011-06-01

When you get older you feel the heat and cold more.

Should we base glabal warming on how much you sweat?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Today I rode 3 miles on a bicycle.
    100F according to the porch thermometer-which is shaded. It seems to be getting hotter and drier here, at lest for the past few years, also windier...we never used to have ground wind.

I could actually feel the gusts evaporate my sweat...like I've said before, here you usually just wear the sweat-evaporation does not occur, it's too humid.

Went home, had water spiked with Morton's no-salt.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

no i ment 14, maybe 10 and my toes are FREEZING, when your used to 35-40 weather 14 is bloody cold

8. Skeptical Registered Senior Member

On the north east coast of New Zealand. The wind is now dying a bit, but is still gale force. That whisky tasted good!

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Yes, son, I have and use thermometers. Thanks for the link, but I do not live anywhere near Metro Airport.

When you get a bit older, you may come to understand that we adults speak in this manner in order to be more familiar with other adults without giving away too much personal information.

What that means is this, specifically: "the greater Detroit area" (what I said) indicates a general geographic area, like on a map. That is not the same thing as living in Metro Airport, which - while it is also in "the greater Detroit metropolitan area" - is NOT in Detroit.

If you are close to the great lakes, the temperature and precipitation is very different from the temperature and precipitation inland, due to the "heat sink" capacity of the water, how much of it evaporates at a given time, the temperature, humidity, strength on direction of the current prevailing winds added to the heat gain from ambient sunlight. Don't forget the "heat island" effect either.

You may if you so desire, I don't mind.

Though I am unsure of what a "glabal" is, I hope that getting it warm is beneficial for it.

Now, if you are referring to global warming, then I prefer once again to utilize the extant science base. My comment was an "off - hand reference" to climatological projections based on currently available global warming data.