How Can I Become A Genius?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by §outh§tar, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Facial Valued Senior Member

I am not migogynistic at all, Uberkuh. In fact, I stand for equal rights.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Uberkuh Registered Member

True. Cortisol sucks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Well since I noticed SouthStar created this topic, I'll answer it towards him. No joke, start making baby steps towards questioning your religion of Christianity. Don't take it all at face value. There is nothing wrong with questioning something as nothing is perfect. If anything, questioning one's religion is the best thing to do because they are seeking the truth in their religion. Remember, man wrote the Bible so even if God may be perfect, that doesn't mean the men who wrote the Bible are. And questioning it doesn't mean proving it wrong, but it can be proving parts correct as well, but you should still at least question it in the sense of not knowing if it's true or not.

That'll be the first step towards your getting smarter, as hard as it may be. The reason being is that if one doesn't follow an organized religion, they are then able to become more of a free-thinker. Being a free-thinker, one winds up being able to use their *own* mind and not someone else's.

If one doesn't think for themself or comes to conclusions on various things by themself, that person just winds up just being a brainwashed sheep following someone else. If one doesn't think for themself and rather does and believes everything someone else tells them, that person will never be able to become a genius because they will be only as smart as the person they're following allows them to be.

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Uberkuh Registered Member

I could not agree more and Neildo's last sentence is beautiful! Disavowing my childhood religious beliefs, though painful and not immediate, liberated my mind. Only Christians use 10% of their brains.

8. kmguru Staff Member

Neildo - Great post. I too recommend the process.

9. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Great post Neildo.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You can be in total control of your mind and still benefit from the knowledge and errors
    of others: just make sure you build on what you've learned and you're all set.

11. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Easier said than done..

12. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Almost everything is.

13. Andre Registered Senior Member

How to become a genius?

Know your math
    Know your physics.
    Play a lot, toy around
    Expect and explain that the opposite is true of what is generally accepted
    Work very, very hard on that.
    Google.

14. candy Valued Senior Member

Being a genius is about perception and creativity. Thinking geometrically not just linearly. Thinking beyond just cause and effect.

15. Facial Valued Senior Member

Oh, another piece of advice :

Don't take IQ tests; just believe in yourself. Genius is an arbitrary status given by other people when you impress them enough.

16. Uberkuh Registered Member

I agree. There is no reason to take an IQ test if your life is going well. If you are not living up to your (evaluation of) your potential, then knowing your IQ might steer you in the right direction. It might or it might not. Motivation and persistence also significantly contribute to a feeling of personal accomplishment. Like I said before, try, try, try, try, and then try again.

17. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

True Intelligence does not come in the form of a book, it does not come from school. It comes from within, believe in yourself, and be very stubborn.

Intelligence does not lie in trying. Thinking of something and testing. Intelligence is not trial and error. Intelligence is comming up with something and discarding it just to be able to improve the black holes and then test it when you already know the results.

18. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

the intro music to a beautiful mind is better than mozart.

And i seem only seem to have problem when i hear a sound. I would focus better if i lived in a room with 4 sound proof walls.

19. RawThinkTank Banned Banned

Stop praying god and start acting by Ur self for What U expect him to do for U.

Nothin is divine , divinity is the no. 1 enemy of a genius.

20. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Even geniuses believed.

:m:

21. RawThinkTank Banned Banned

Dont marry until 30, if Ur arent yet.

Also a sound mind needs a sound body. So exercise such that it relishes brain with optimum blood supply but does no damage.

22. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Wives kill the brain cells, I know, I know. I won't be fooled.

And what's this about exercise that damages the brain?

23. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You have a ways to go, Southie