How could this fir tree grow INSIDE a man?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by bugsieM, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bugsieM Registered Member

How can a fir tree grow INSIDE a person? Any ideas?

5 cm. fir tree removed from patient’s lung

13 Apr, 11:35 PM

A five-centimeter fir tree has been found in the lung of a man who complained he had a strong pain in his chest and was coughing blood. mosnews.com reports

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Plants (and seeds) can grow for a while without light, using their internal energy reserves. You can plant a seed some distance under ground where there is no light, and it will grow just fine. In fact they grow fastest without sunlight, since they are trying to quickly either break through the surface of the ground or break through whatever is shading them. Of course eventually they will exhaust their internal energy stores and die, but I wouldn't be surprised if a fur tree seed could grow several cm without light.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

is that why there are forests in cave's?

9. Sputnik Banned Banned

Some medias now think this is an april 1.st hoax/joke , because it was released on april 1.st in the Julian calender used in Russia .........

10. Nasor Valued Senior Member

You'll note I said they can grow for a while without sunlight using their internal energy reserves. How do you suppose that a seed planted 8 inches under the ground where no sunlight is getting to it initially grows? It has to grow without the benefit of light until it breaks the surface and manages to deploy some leaves. But of course there is a limit to how long plants can live without any light, which is why you don't see forests in caves. They will die eventually.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

How long is a while?

12. Megabrain Registered Senior Member

THe picture I saw showed a distinctly rich green piece of flora. I thought chlorophyll was only produced in light conditions and therefore can only assume that this guy has the sun shine out of his ass!.

13. Nasor Valued Senior Member

I don't know. I'm sure it varies from plant to plant, and I don't know about this specific kind of tree. Some plants can definitely grow 8+ inches without light though.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Fir trees are evergreens.

15. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

hahaha, I gotta tell ya this has to be fake, just has too. I mean could it be otherwise?!

16. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I have to agree with you. At first I thought maybe it was some 1 in a billion freak occurence, because there's some really creepy, freakish medical anomalies out there. On the other hand, someone pointed out the fact that it appeared to be pretty chlorophyllated (yes, that's actually a word!). Having grown and observed plants and seedlings in various conditions and degrees of light availability, it is hard to think that a fir tree could grow to that size in the absence of light and yet be so green.

That's not to mention the improbability of someone actually inhaling a seedling and being unaware of it. Or that the body wouldn't immediately attack it and surround it with some type of mucous coating, and cause all sorts of inflammation, which would have obvious telltale signs, like violent coughing, and maybe even blood if it went on long enough.
    It seems unfathomable that a struggling seedling with no available sunlight of any kind, in a human body with it's own immune reactions, could even form roots of any kind. I would think that would be way too harsh an environment for a plant to even think about sprouting in.

No, it sounds completely stupid, and pretty impossible, barring some miracle.

Let us hope, or else the world is truly f*ck*d!! :fright:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.