How did jesus walk on water?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by spidergoat, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Satyr Banned Banned

The difference between me and you – besides the obvious – is that I haven’t bought anything on faith.
    I remain skeptical about Darwin.

I simply think his theories are superior to your myths.

He, and his followers, can at least show evidence and explain their line of reasoning.

You?
    You have nothing but hope, inflamed by fear, and the Scriptures of weaklings praying to the unknown and begging for leniency.
    Enjoy your passage through life. Too bad you are too dumb to enjoy it to its fullest or appreciate it in its entirety.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

While I don't doubt you have encountered atheists like this, most simply have a healthy scepticism. I would not attempt to engage someone in debate who had a severe attitude problem. (well, I would, but just for fun)

In a cathode ray tube one can see streams of electrons with the naked eye. If they say, "prove those are electrons", I would explain that electron is the word we use for such particles in order to differentiate them from atoms, which I can prove are much heavier, since they require a much greater magnetic force to deflect them.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Wrong as usual, Satyr, and where is your evidence that goo morphed into you?

I know that I am spending eternity, even now, with the forgiving Creator God, now that there buddy is really living, trust me, I know both sides of the coin, I've experienced it, you obviously haven't, but you can, yes, even you.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Argument from ignorance, arrogance, and wishful thinking. Hardly compelling.

8. Satyr Banned Banned

Whatever you say ...IDIOT!

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

See, I told you.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You basically want a rehash of the entire field of evolutionary biology from memory, with footnotes and diagrams, in a timely and brief form?

Why don't you do your own homework?

11. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Do you mean Darwinian evolution (goo morphing to you), or evolution per se (natural selection within gene pools)?

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Same thing. You reject the complete implications of evolution for what seems to be religious reasons, rather than rationality.

13. Satyr Banned Banned

What that you are an IDIOT?!
    No, I believe, I told you.
    You are still resistant to the realization.

14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Hey Spidergoat, you say that goo morphing to you, and genetic variation within, say, the dog syngameon, are the "same thing?" Dude, get a grip.

15. Satyr Banned Banned

What?
    No...this has got to be a ruse.

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not simply genetic variation. Didn't you do your homework yet? I gave you a link. Evolution is the result of variations in the genome, heredity, and differential survival rates, (to simplify it somewhat).

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

He floated on his ego.

18. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Spidergoat, just that caused tree shrews to supposedly morph into humans.

19. Satyr Banned Banned

Let us watch this retarded mind explain how he understands evolution.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's not insult retards by comparing him to them. Retards have feelings too.

21. Satyr Banned Banned

Yes they do…but do we care or should we care?

22. Satyr Banned Banned

Spuriousmonkey, I never knew evolution stated that tree shrews “morphed” into human beings.
    This side of evolution theory has escaped my understanding.
    Can you explain the process?

I mean I can believe God created everything from nothing, just for kicks and as a test of what He already knows, but tree shrews morphing…that just sounds ridiculous?

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Pretty much. It took a long time, which I'm sure you must be aware of, having studied geology. It's overly simplistic, but yes. Small mammals developed into primates, and then into the great apes, which we are.