How did the Earth capture the Moon ?

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by river, Apr 26, 2020.

1. river

I've Given you Food for thought .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Have you? Where? When?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean it was sculptor that linked to the TED video [excellent by the way] that was essentially just a verification of the great Impact theory.
    You made many claims that I listed, all wrong, but hey, perhaps I missed something. So river, where is this food for thought?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. river

And the conclusion in the video is what pad .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

That the modeling suggested a giant collision with a Mars size body on an early Earth "may have" created a disk of molten Earth connected to Earth, that in time our Moon coalesced from.
    Didn't I just explain that to you river, or in your total ignorance, have you decided to troll again?

8. river

Nope

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

The facts remain as always river,[that is it is a variation of the giant impact theory] no matter how many times you chose to deny those facts.

10. river

That is not what the video is about . That is the facts pad .

The conclusion has nothing to do with any impact theory . Actually it discarded it .

11. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

About as factual as the rest of your lies and false claims...

12. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Now river you understand it is just a variation of the Impact theory? [probably not

]
    And of course the exact methodology as put in the TED talk, still needs refining, research, and review, like all scientific data and models...unlike of course your own usually incorrect "facts"

13. river

In my post#67

My facts are correct .

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Yep, whatever river...about as factual as your atomic war on Mars between Alien species.
    I've quoted you the text from the TEd lecture, if you chose to be an Idiot and deny what was said, that's OK and no skin off my nose or anyone else's for that matter. Destined in actual fact, like the rest of your unsupported fairy tale stories to die in cyber space in the course of time. Bye river

15. river

That facts are the facts , pad .

16. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It is a variation on the giant impact theory just as our young astronomer said in the TED video.
    "The planet gets super-hot and partially vaporized from the energy of the impact"

" On that day, I knew that a giant impact was making something completely new."

But no doubt your silly childishness will continue, with you denying that which is in front of you in black and white.

17. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

PS: river, there are [at least in my country] adult reading and comprehension courses that are free. Perhaps [under the assumption you are simply not just trolling] you need to consider enrolling in one.

18. river

I would be even more beyond your comprehension .

19. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Bozo the clown!!!

20. river

Stop being a Bozo the clown pad . It would be a good attitude to have . Really .

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

No prizes for second repeats river.
    The article as I have conclusivey shown, is nothing more then a variation of the giant Impact model.
    Here once again, just in case in your ignorance you have missed it....
    "The planet gets super-hot and partially vaporized from the energy of the impact"

" On that day, I knew that a giant impact was making something completely new."

22. river

Indeed

And out comes the moon , from the Earth .

23. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Let's have a look at some of the irrational, stupid claims so far made in this shemozzle of a thread, because river is banned from the sciences....

And to top all that incredibly ignorant river facts, we have this suggestion......

I mean as if over hundreds of years, of many scientific giants, each standing on the shoulders of the ones before him/her, to suggest that those calculations have not been done!

yeah, Bozo the clown still exists!!