How does this work?? O_O

Discussion in 'Biology & Genetics' started by visceral_instinct, Sep 4, 2009.

1. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

My friend has this unusual metabolism where she only gets hungry about every five days or so. She can go that long without eating and suffer no ill effects. She prefers to only eat according to that pattern. She genuinely doesn't get hungry.

I know what you're thinking..."she's lying. She's anorexic. She needs help". She's definitely not. She is not thin - not fat either, but she is soft bodied and curvy, definitely not the look of someone malnourished.

How does someone manage that? Is it just part of normal variation? Some people need to eat often or they get low blood sugar, others can go a whole day - is she just on the high end of that continuum?

How does that work though? Where is someone getting the energy to function for four or five days on just still water?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Senators Registered Member

Are you that definite? To my mind, very likely, I emphasize, only likely, she is lying.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Did you read my post? She's not thin.

I hung out with this girl for a week and saw her not eat most of the time. She didn't get thinner. It's how she works. She is not an anorexic trying to cover up her maladaptive behaviour.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vslayer Registered Senior Member

she's probably just very sedentary. i find that on my days off i eat one meal a day if that, usually just a few snacks. i can't eat until i've worked up an appetite with actual physical activity or it makes me feel sick.