How I cured my cold/sore throat

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Syzygys, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Wife was done with a nasty cold for 5 days. Of course I managed to catch it, but mine ended in 2 days with much less strength. Here is what I did:

1. I ate large quantities of raw garlic. I have a thread on garlic, it is nature's best remedy. True, wife was spraying odorizer around me, but I didn't care.

2. For the sore throat, I gurgled with salty water. It is nasty, but it works! For the first sign of sore throat, you should do it.

3. I drank hard liquor. Since I don't like gin I had to spice it up with lots of sugar, it was quite tasty after that. The point is to kill any germs and it helps you to sweat the thing out.

This whole treatment costed nothing, because we had everything at home, so no rush to the store spending money of painkillers and such.

Now you know and next time you came down with cold you might want to give it a try and bless me!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Ever since my divorce I've not contracted a cold since she left me. I'd say that was a way of preventing them also, just stay out of the house and away from her the next time and see what happens once she seems to be coming down with a cold.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

the liquor is bad for the nose...so dont do it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Drinking booze is stupid. You might hurt a couple bacteria in your GI tract, but you'll end up putting more stress on your immune system by poisoning yourself. If the infection is viral, alcohol will most likely make you more sick.

8. draqon Banned Banned

yeah I get sick a lot when I visit my mom...too...

, kinda sux :shrug:

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

What about a shit ton of red bull, thats what I drank when sick over xmas.

10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

But you drink a shit ton of red bull even when your not sick!

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

but you drink enough, you won't give a rats ass.

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I didn't pure liquor into my nose, I drank it.

By the way Nyquil has some kind of liquor in it, so I don't think it is bad. It is an old cure....

Also it worked....

"You can make a toddy out of whiskey, honey, lemon and peppermint to soothe a sore throat and cough, and a shot of jagermeister helps to clear your sinuses and also helps with chest congestion."

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

"One of the best home remedies involves any light alcoholic beverage including corn liquor, peppermint candy, and lemon, either in the form of whole lemons or lemon juice from concentrate.

Buy your favorite clear liquor from the store. The liquor can be vodka, corn liquor, whiskey, or any clear liquid. Boil the lemon juice and peppermint on the stove in just enough water to cover the peppermint and lemon juice. You can use hard peppermint candy, although soft works much better because it dissolves much quicker. Let the peppermint and lemon juice mixture cool to room temperature. While the mixture is cooling, prepare a few eight ounce jars so that you can separate the lemon juice mixture and alcohol into them to last for the entire winter or give a jar to family and friends.

Once the peppermint and lemon juice has cooled to room temperature, open the bottle of liquor. Pour one shot of liquor into several eight ounce glasses or mason jars. Fill the remainder of the jars with the peppermint and lemon juice mixture.

Drink one shot of the mixture at night before going to bed. The peppermint and lemon juice will work to clear the nasal passages and settle your stomach and lungs in the wake of a cold or the flu, while the liquor will help to ease your body into a full night of sleep so that you can get the rest you need in order to recover from the flu or a cold."

14. John99 Banned Banned

I sweat out colds as well. TBH, i have not been to a doctor in over 10 years. Not that I recommend this.

15. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

For the sore throat you can also add aspirin to the salt water to gargle.

16. John99 Banned Banned

Black pepper and Vinegar as well

17. Roman Banned Banned

Caffeine probably isn't good, since it makes you waste energy. Luckily, red bull is pretty weak in caffeine.

18. Roman Banned Banned

That's treating symptoms, not the disease. Any benefit is going to be from being able to get a restful sleep. If you could just man up and stop being a pussy, you'd get better faster.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I wonder if sniffing methyl nitrate helps. I mean, It does make you feel high.

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

My Ex told me that by giving me a blow job it helped her relieve the pain that her sore throat gave her. Something by having my penis in her mouth seemed to relax her throat muscles and made the pain diminish.

21. John99 Banned Banned

Lots of goood remedies here. Actuall home remedies.

22. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

4 different methods, I like the German version the best:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blo...t-china-to-german-alcoholics-and-modern-labs/

"1. Get a deep-tissue massage
    2. Chamomile Tea
    3. Spiced Rum
    4. Bed

I suspect the spiced rum could have an effect less from the alcohol and more from the cinnamon typically used to make it spicy. Though generally thought of as being viral, the common cold is often misdiagnosed or accompanied by other types of bacteria and infection.

Cinnamon has been shown to inhibit E. Coli and increase insulin sensitivity, among other things, which is why I take it supplementally prior to meals if I’m cycling off of alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) as an insulin mimicker."