How Many Equations Have Been Composed In Africa?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by davidelkins, Jul 2, 2016.

1. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

How many equations have been composed in Africa? How many logical arguments are composed on average in November. Here I am applying intellectual pursuits to matters of space and time. Have at it. DE

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river

You realise that you have to more explicit of where your coming from ?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Far too many to count.

Far too many to count.

Please give us your estimates of the answers. Just so we know you're not wasting everybody's time, you understand.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

I cannot say an infinity for the first, but I would say a vast number. For the second, I would say infinity because this a periodic recurrence of time, which I believe has been going on forever. I do like the confluence of psychology, space and time. DE

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

davidelkins:

I don't think you understand the concept of infinity.

But never mind.

Are we done here?

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I do hope so.

10. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

So I assume James from your statement that you understand the concept of infinity. How about you tell everyone? Wikipedia describes infinity as "an abstract concept describing something without any bound or larger than any number." DE

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I know far too much about infinity to write it all down here.

This is probably enough for you to work on for now.

Having read that definition, do you understand now why your claim that there are infinitely many logical arguments composed on average in November is untenable?

12. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

But we are agreed that it is a finite amount?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

14. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

November is cyclic, so in a multiverse of infinite duration, there would be an infinite number of Novembers. An infinite number of Novembers means an infinite period of time. An infinity of being existing over that infinite period of time means an infinite number of logical arguments. DE

15. johnmusic Registered Member

Why dont i remember this moment if it has happened an infinite amount of times.

16. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

I used to know the answer to that, but I always forget.

17. quantum_wave Contemplating the "as yet" unknown Valued Senior Member

There is no problem with imagining a multiverse, and no problem conceiving that there are various local environments where November comes around regularaly in a multiverse of infinite duration. The infinity of being, which I think you mean to have a presence at all places in the multiverse at all times, or at least in places where there are Novembers, would support the premise that there could be an infinite number of logical arguments.

So rather that try to scope out the implications of that, where do you want to take it?

18. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

I am interested in the confluence of thought + space and thought + time. For example, how many thought can occur in a ten minute period? Or how many thoughts can occur within a 1000 ft cubic space? Although we can never know for certain in the matter of both, statistics of thought processes is still an intriguing and non-suffocating avenue. DE