How many regular posters left on SF?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by GeoffP, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You are confusing "knowing" someone is a sockpuppet with being able to "prove" someone is a sockpuppet...

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

I am confusing nothing, Kittamaru.

I only asked(?) if "sock puppet"'s were allowed on SciForums.

I used neither the word "knowing", nor the word "prove".

Again, Kittamaru, I ask you to PLEASE, PLEASE try playing with someone else?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The only game being played here is yours... and it is quite infantile. You know exactly what I meant between "knowing" and "proving"... and thus you know that no sockpuppets are being allowed.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Ok.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

9. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Already did.

Post #38.

You, James R, already answered.

Post #39.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then what is your confusion? Please elaborate

11. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Wait a minute. I think that DMOE's question just needs a little tweaking.

James, have any Mods/Admins of Sciforums ever utilized sockpuppets before? You might want to ask them before answering.

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  12. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

...see Post #42...: "I am confusing nothing, Kittamaru."

so...PLEASE?

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

There has been, to my knowledge, exactly one "sockpuppet" of an admin - and that was an account created after the forums were migrated to this new software to try and test the new software out, including the warnings/points/ban system... the alternatives, of course, being to either wait until those systems had to be used (which any good QA tester will tell you is utterly foolish) or simply picking a user account and mucking around with it (and risking any number of potential issues... as it was, it took us some time to figure out exactly how the automatic ban system actually worked with the infraction points system... which, if memory serves, could have easily left someone unable to access the site for several days to weeks while even more kinks were worked out)

Granted, I highly doubt you will believe me... and to be honest I doubt you would believe James or any member of the administration so... yeah.

Post 42 -

You were given a straight and simple answer:

To which you stated:
    So, I ask again... what is your confusion? The only possible place for confusion I can see is James' statement:

Which has lead you to believe we are willingly allowing a sockpuppet to exist...

Which comes back to a simple and basic fact - "knowing" something and "proving" something can be two different things... or, would you prefer we simply drop the hammer on anyone we suspect without doing our homework first?

14. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Wrong answer.

And are you James? I asked James.

James, have any Mods/Admins of Sciforums ever utilized sockpuppets before?

dumbest man on earth likes this.
  15. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

@ - Kittamaru

...Please?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well to the best of my knowledge, it's the truth, so suck it up buttercup

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You not liking the answer won't change it worth a spit

I am not James (he is not online right now) - to be frank though, I don't see why the Administrator should have to waste his time with your non-concerns.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Your concerns have already been addressed - if you are incapable of understanding the answer, I would contend that that falls in the realm of "NMFP"

18. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This is very interesting.
    He knows. He's just being deliberately obtuse.

All part of his tiresome forum persona.

19. dumbest man on earth Real Eyes Realize Real Lies Valued Senior Member

Slow your roll, there, exchemist. James R addressed/answered all my questions in Post #39.

I signed (sighed!) off in my Post #40 : "Meh!! My "browser" must be incorrectly displaying your Post #33...evidently not a "biggie"...".

It has been Kittamaru "playing" since then...

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*laughs* Oh my, you really are a troll...

No, you asked a question (post 38), it was answered by James (post 39), you then made a smartass remark (post 40) that attempted to leverage what James said (in Post 33) to which I gave you the simplest possible explanation to the implied question.

The question implied was "Why is Tali still here if we know the account is a sockpuppet"
    The answer was "while we may know it is a sockpuppet, we currently do not have proof of this, nor know who it is a sockpuppet of"

At which point you started your usual little game of "hurr durr I dun get it" (Post 42, Post 44)

James even responded to you (Post 45) telling you to just ask if you had any questions... in which case you stated you already had (Post 46)

As usual, the only one playing silly games here is you

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(for the record, the post numbers above are links to the posts in question)

21. Bells Staff Member

I can only speak for myself.

I have never seen any evidence of others using sockpuppets.

If that can be called a sockpuppet... When I used my already identified ex-husband's account to access the forums to let the administration know that I was unable to log into the site with my own account (in September 2014) when they changed to this current software and a lot of people weren't able to log into it or access the site on their accounts due to permissions having been wiped for several posters, including several moderators. I told the admin who I was and why I was using that account.

That account had been identified as being my then husband's account years ago, in case people thought he was a sockpuppet, when he created the account in 2003. He hadn't logged into that account or posted on it since 2004. That was the one and only time I ever logged onto this site when on another account. The account has not been active again on this site since that time we logged into it to allow me to contact Admin in September 2014.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  22. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

All good then.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not to my knowledge.

Why? Do you suspect a mod or admin of using a sock puppet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.