How NOT to deal with republicans

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 5, 2017.

1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Once again I'm reminded of how we got here, the tactic of the regressive left has been to scream "rape apologist", "rapists", "misogynist", "racists", "facists", "nazi", "homophobe","islamaphobe","sexist","transphobe"... I could go on. Did this tactic work, lets see a pig boar that claimed "I grab them by the pussy, I don't even wait" that is he claims to grope women without consent, is President of the Untied States of America. A huckster that openly demanded the banishment of ALL Muslims is president, who demands we build a wall to keep out the rapist criminal Mexicans whom even their American decedents can't be trusted.

NO IT DOES NOT WORK!

and yet they they have learned nothing, why because they live in social media hugboxes where they constantly virtue signal and circle jerk about how sexist, racist, etc, the republicans are while doing nothing that actually gains the left votes.

In fact this social justice keyboard warring has cost us votes by starting a counter movement that has brought the alt-right into existence and close to power, they consistently fall for the bait of trolls and give them the attention they want, gaining them power and respect from the right and sympathy from independents.

Instead of advocating polices and pushing for bills to help the middle class, like universal healthcare and free college, and taxing the rich to pay for it, instead their greatest concerns is what some troll that now working for the white house said, or transgender bathrooms, or something else inane that most voters rightly note will not bring them better or stable higher paying jobs, will not help them with their debt, will not provide them a future.

The right on the other hand, or worse this trumpette right, have come in and said "dear middle class, it is the Mexicans and Muslims and the Chinese's fault you suffer we will help you, we will make it great again" verse the left's "vote for her"... and now the republicans control EVERYTHING, sure they have to sacrifice free trade to give a bone to their now dominate tea-party alt-right base, but that sacrifice need only be skin deep, they can still continue to pillage the American working class as their glorious huckster proclaims how great he is making America again. The right has least have the right idea on focusing on what american's actually care about, if only to scapegoat on the other.

Wake up left, this is what we should be talking about on twitter:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No. We aren't going to give up on combating sexist racist homophobes. And it had nothing to do with electoral success. The basic issue is that the left has principles, and people without principles can win through the use of lies and dirty tactics. A 35% approval rating means that Trump tactics have not resulted in a successful presidency. I say let the right hang themselves, they are only ensuring they become permanently irrelevant. But not before they fuck up a lot of shit that we will have to fix.

sideshowbob likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Combating? YOUR EMPOWERING IT!

yes it has alot to do with their electoral success.

Circle jerking on twitter is not a principle. What principles specifically are you talking about? Are these principles so important that you rather have the republicans control everything and implement as a matter of law the antithesis to those principles?

HE IS PRESIDENT! He was the most hated candidate even before he became president, and he will be the most hated president, none the less he WON! He and his ilk won! And you and your kind helped make it happen with your blatant incompetence!

Permanently irrelevant? They lost everything in 2009, and here they are back again, worse than ever, they can't become permanently irrelevant unless the left actually fixes what they fuck up instead of going on about SJW instead! The right stem from a basel instinct for tradition, conservatism and tribalism, you can't fight that by constantly circle jerking about how backwards they are, you can only fight these by bring actual prosperity and hope for the future for the majority of the people.

Syne likes this.
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Not true.
    So the left should try appealing to racists? No thanks.
    False choice. Republicans didn't win because the left thinks you should be able to decide for yourself which bathroom to use. While I'm sure there are some ridiculous things on twitter, that doesn't represent the majority. Young people want equality, not hate.
    Hillary was not a compelling candidate, to be sure. If we sink to his level, we become what we hate. I'm not worried about our chances for the future.
    Well, not ONLY. It's important to do both. I think this is a serious, but temporary setback. The last gasp of a dying party who has to suck off religious nutbags and collude with Russian hackers to win. Progressivism is hopeful, and points to a clean energy future. Regressivism points to the obsolete past and even coal miners know it.

8. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Absolutely fucking true! A whole industry has sprouted out of dealing with your ilk!

Then they will never become un-racist, they will in fact become even more racist and worse they will take over the country, scratch that, THEY ALREADY HAVE TAKEN OVER THE COUNTRY! Thanks a fucking lot for pouring gasoline on the fire.

The republicans won because the left provided no solutions to the classiest struggle this country is in and instead was focused on inane issues most people give zero fucks about (like transgender bathrooms). When the right said "immigrants are the problem" the left merely said "Racist!" instead of saying "no it is the rich who are the problem who are outsourcing, automating and bring in cheap labors that have suppressed your wages and given you no hope"

and yet you want to continue the hate? The young people wanted minimum wage increase, free education, free healthcare, and CLASSICISM EQUALITY, but then we democrats put the most bagged laden, corrupt, neo-liberal, war hawk, corporatist democrats possible as our presidential candidate and called anyone that questioned the sanity of that as sexist, and as a result we lost millions of voters, many of them millennial

How the fuck are we "sinking to his level" by focusing on taxing the rich to provide free healthcare, free education, minimum wage increase, etc?

The republican party have already died, what is growing out of them like a cordycep is something wholly worse, and has crushed us and this country under its diseased, spore dispersing, girth that literately feeds off your circle jerking about how bad they are. To defeat them we must be better than them, not petulant children calling them names!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Sorry I don't buy your propaganda that the left needs to support civil rights less in order to appeal to some Nazi morons who swallowed Trump's balls lies. #trumpregrets
    Fighting racists makes more racists? I'm glad you aren't in charge of fighting terrorism.
    I guess you haven't noticed, but the right is obsessed with bathrooms and who has to bake a cake for gay weddings. The left has been talking for decades about the decline of the middle class and globalism. But these boring policy issues don't tend to make the news. It's like the right just woke up to the issue yesterday. Their solutions just make rich people richer.
    We have to call them what they are and provide a way forward.

10. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

What's the difference between "ilk" and "kind"?

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

How the fuck is demanding we tax the rich to provide social services not a civil rights issues? Is healthcare and education not a right to you? A fucking roof over everyone head, clean free water, basic amounts of food, these are not rights to you?

Oh I get it, we need to focus on the issues of some tiny demographic FIRST, not on the issues most people care about first, that right there is a why we lost. How about this, getting wages increases, free healthcare and free educations will do more for transexual albino disable midget otherkin than focusing on the plight of transexual albino disable midget otherkin. Heck we can zoom out from there, focusing on getting wage increases, free healthcare and free education will do more for blacks than focusing on police and judicial racism on blacks.

How the fuck is calling a racist a "racist", fighting them? We should not be fighting them even, we should be having a dialog with them, understand what issues have driven them to blame all their problems on the Mexicans or the Muslims, provide them a better alternative ideology or at the very least get them to question their own ideology enough not to vote for trump again!

Yeah I have not noticed, the right I hear are obsessed with sjws, freedom of speech and kicking out immigrants.

The left, not the democrats, the democrats at best have placate us with verbal support then go and bend over to the banks and corporations. The republicans did the same until the alt-right took over, now the republicans actually are intent on kicking out the muslims and the mexicans while also sucking banks and corporations off.

Hucksters? Pete pippers? oh that right you want to call them racists and sexist and what not, how is calling them names helping?

Can't say ilk right after saying ilk, it is linguistic aesthetics. It is why we say pod of whales, gander of geese and murder of crows, instead of group of whales, group of geese and group of crows.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

You misunderstand, it's all connected, but the left isn't making fringe issues their main issue. The right is using these wedge issues to fool people into voting against their own best interests.
    It's the first step.
    Stupidity is their problem. One I can't solve, they are a lost cause.
    Same thing.
    Makes me feel better. As I said, these people are lost, they can go to hell. The Trump voters we can target are the ones who thought they were getting peace, health care, internet privacy, and jobs.

13. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh so the right are just pulling this out of thin air you say? there are not sjw riots out in the streets like anitfa that could be feeding their propaganda?

What is step 2? Getting on your back, kicking the air and screaming like a toddler?

With that attitude we will never get enough votes to take back the government. Do you have a solution?

So what was you point?

You know what would make me feel better: not having the republicans in charge.

hell is fictional, these people are still alive and rule the country.

and your solution is to call them "racists"?

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I have no idea what you're talking about. And you aren't using SJW seriously are you? It's not a real thing.
    Knowing your enemy is only a first step. Then anyone who cares about not being a racist can vote accordingly.
    I think we already have the votes necessary.
    I'm not calling all Trump voters racists.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Why are you blaming "the left" for the behavior of the rightwing corporate media, the rightwing fascist propaganda operations, and the successful employment of various electoral frauds and vote-riggings by the corporate-financed (and primarily Republican) faction?

You do realize that by describing the "alt right" and similar long-familiar, decades-old manifestations as a "countermovement" to some kind of bad lefty behavior, you are repeating a standard American

"rightwing corporate authoritarian, military/industrialist based, atavastic myth associated, but otherwise unnamed for some reason"

propaganda meme with no historical, political, or otherwise factual validity?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

1. Because the left, specifically your ilk of left fed the rightwing propaganda, the alt-right "white nationalists" and such and are thus partially responsible for them existing and now ruling the country.
    2. Because the left can actually feel shame for what they have done, the right can't.
    3. To get a change in tactics so we can win next time.

17. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Google "antifa riots"

Most people do not have the luxary to care about if they are a racists or not, they care about their jobs and their futures and their children's futures. You make the left look like witchhunters and anyone that cares about their livelihood will as a result never vote for us behind the voting booth curtain. That is what we just say happen, with the election of Trump.

Oh really? So trump is not president now? the republicans don't control the house, the senate, will soon enough control the supreme court for generations, control the majority of state senates and houses and governors?

Well it looks like it to them. How about instead of calling anyone names start demanding specific progressive solutions to their economic woes.

18. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im glad you cleared that up... cause some of 'em are jus ignorant/stoopid.!!!

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Well that's kind of a problem. If people in a democracy do not have the "luxury" to politically organize and govern themselves by sound principles, we face a sad future around here.
    How about if the supposed proponents of a change quit imposing, repeating, and re-emphasizing rightwing Republican media framing? Quit spreading bs Republican propaganda?

20. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That never happened. That was one of the lies told by the unnameable ones, as part of their propaganda operations.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

yeah sad.

let me get this straight the same left, your left, that the right have baited, used and prospered from, I'm suppose to shut up about because "re-emphasizing rightwing Republican media framing"? If the rightwing says 2+2=4 should I shut up about that mathematical fact too? The rightwing media unlike us accurately pointed out the middle class is suffering, and then blamed it all on immigrants and present a laughable solution of banning and walling them off. We did not instead present an alternative cause of the problem and a solution, instead the left screamed "racists!" freeding right into the right-wings claims that the left seeks only to suppress and control thought and language and continue letting in immigrants to take jobs and behead people.

So just deny reality then?

22. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Perhaps that's because there isn't one. At least not one that the delusional American public can accept. We can't borrow or tax our way to prosperity. We can only manage contraction, which is not an easy sell. The basic message of the left is as bereft of logic as the right. The left narrative says we continue our way of life, just replace our cars with electric ones, export our pollution to China, and everyone will get jobs in tech. The right thinks it can bring back manufacturing or coal mining in a big way, that's not going to happen either. The only way to win elections is to lie your ass off and tell people the way of life they have come to expect will keep on going forever.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

aaah no we can tax the rich to prosperity. The rich have been the only demographic growing in prosperity at fantastic rates for the last 20 years, they can make contractions that would raise the standard of living on the middle and lower classes greatly.

So your solution is there is none, throw up your arms and call everyone else names?