how peaceful is islam ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by leopold, Feb 28, 2006.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Interesting point.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. yes, the one imposed on them by Calif Uthman
    you'll note that the Yemeni gov has withdrawn ancient quranic scrolls from view by scholars, seems that they were diff from the edited version, tsk-tsk

yeah, but what does Osama say? Ain’t he the expert?

seems you only get the sugar-coated version of islamic history, if it was so sweet, why did the Spanish & Portuguese spend 781 years getting rid of them? must be true infidels, so perverse, don't you think? not to let themselves be rightly guided by such sweet, soft hands,

so, what's a dhimmi?
    would you pay a jizya tax to live in a western country?
    Should you?
    http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9043677/jizya

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um i've read portions of the quran and its you who is wrong

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. doesn't seem what the evidence is showing now, more like edited, I guess calif Uthman did not destroy all the evidence, also I hear that the quran is not clear to arabic speakers, that it goes from 1st to 3rd person when speaking about allah, is that true?
    it would tend to show that neither allah, jibril nor Mohammad, knew arabic well enough to transmit the unchanging word of allah, perfectly to a waiting world

see article below:
    From: http://cremesti.com/amalid/Islam/Yemeni_Ancient_Koranic_Texts2.htm

8. you should read the whole
    you will detect editing, a mish-mash put together, without clear content

in english it’s bad enough to put people to sleep, which probably means they missed Osama's "call to arms" verses

there is no good reason for the qibla (direction of prayer) going from Jerusalem to Mecca, except that Jews didn't convert, so Mohammad went back to his roots

from reading it, it seems Mohammad didn't know about cosmology, science, Christianity or Judaism beliefs

it is interesting that it goes from largest to shortest suras, & since it was supposedly collected from stones, palm leaves & parchments, a clear sign of editing

9. could you point out which ones, so that I'd know, being that I am an EC

10. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

The Sura to which Yonder is referring offers the threefold choice: death, conversion or "oppression", which, oddly enough, Mohammed considers "worse than slaughter" elsewhere, yet sees no problem inflicting it on others.

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Bush would not have come to power without the extreme right fundamentalists and ordered the invasion of Iraq. Given the chance, fundamentalists in any religion would do that if that was the best and only way to get what they desired.
    Also, Many are not fundamentalists but see terrorism as the only way to achieve their goals. I'm not defending the 9/11 hijackers, i'm pointing out that there are other fundamentalist organizations in the world who did and would turn to terrorism and Sucide bombings , given enough reasons for it.

12. I think you missed the significance of Iraq, it’s the US business interests that wanted it
    1) Neo-cons are a mixed bag; Jewish, Christian, see link to PNAC http://www.newamericancentury.org/statementofprinciples.htm
    2) Cheney had secret meetings for formulating energy policy, to this day no one will fess up as to what was discussed
    3) destabilize the region, oil prices go up & up, Big oil rakes in the $$$Billions
    4) see who profits from reconstruction contracts, not Iraqis
    5) there’s a saying from the 60’s in regards to Nixon & Watergate, “follow the money”, so Mr., see if you can do a better job than our lazy press & news media

13. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. I can gather from your response that you have probably never read the Quran.

Mixing extreme Christian evangelical zealotry, racism, and intense xenophobic generalizations about Islam and Muslims. How do you plan to convince us otherwise if you come off this way.

14. got one in my bookcase, Pickthall, use it when I read Christian commentaries, but I use online versions for links. & you obviously don't read my posts carefully, otherwise you'd know that

hey, you guys do a pretty good job yourselves, I could just used what muslims have written, they are pretty graphic all right, feeling that they were doing allah's work, they weren't shy about telling what they did, or still do; see Darfur rape, pillage, genocide

as for being xenophobic; no go bud, I've hung with Pilipino, Saudis, Kuwaitis, Lebanese, Sri Lankan, Koreans, Chinese, Indonesians, Malays, Cambodian, Laotians, Brits, Vietnamese, Hmong, even Texans

in work, church, social, dating & as part of hobby orgs

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you might consider that in Arabic it has rhyme and meter, which is lost in translation.

Also, two questions,

1. what is a Tahfiz?

2. What were the councils of nicea?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  16. & that makes a difference because? so what you are saying is that the quran was written in arabic, by an arabic man, for an arabic god, if it were really divine, it would translate into english, sppanish, hindi in rhyme & meter too, now that would be a miricle and a sure sign that its to be studied deligiently, to find out why?

its memorization
    it was
    from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
    it was to resolve heretic beliefs

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Council_of_Nicaea
    met on whether to have icons or not
    can you ask me harder questions? specially, since you don't answer mine, but evade you, taqiyya, you

if you're really interested, try these
    from: http://www.reformation21.org/Past_I...sues_1_16_Miscellaneous/Council_of_Nicea/267/
    what? you were expecting "the da Vinci Code"?