How to become a Buddha?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Wisdom_Seeker, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Want to quote the Buddha on this one:

"Let us live in joy, never falling sick like those who hate us. Let us live in freedom, without hatred even among those who hate."

"Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace."

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned."

Gautam Buddha

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

I guess what I´m trying to say is that emotions are not bad, but negative emotions need to be overcomed in order to live a healthy life. If you don´t think hatred and fear needs to be overcomed, then you probably have given up fighting them; but fighting emotions is not what I´m talking about at all. Emotions cannot be fought, they become repressions; emotions need to be understood from within.

Some say an emotion like hate is not damaging, but it is surely stressfull and it generates much discease; I don´t see how hate can be productive.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. genep Guest

Questions and Answers

When you realize there is no question so there is no need for an answer: then you will be far more awake than even Buddha or Jesus could have imagined, not even in their most wildest dreams.

-- Really, Reality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rickjames Registered Member

I actually think religious disciplines/ideas should be studied for scientific benefits. Knowledge should never stay static. I would argue that buddhism was essentially the ancient worlds psychology, their attempt to expalin the human mind.

8. VitalOne Banned Banned

But how can become more awake than The Buddha or The Christ?

9. Grantywanty Registered Senior Member

More assumptions. I have told no one to lash out. You assume that accepting and not weeding out emotions means certain things. This is how you respond to something new for you.

It sounds like you hate emotions. I leave you to sort out the contradictions.

Exactly what I meant. Your hate goes toward parts of yourself. And you instruct other people to hate parts of themnselves.

Why don't you go out and stop all the rapists since you have worked out this power and stop being smug in relation to people who are not as magical as you.

1) I never said suffering is good or said that anyone should embrace suffering. 2) Accepting emotions leads to healing these insecurities.

You're not quite sure here are you?

I am not telling people to hate portions of themselves or that disgust in relation to parts of them is some sort of healthy spiritual advice. There is nothing wrong with converting someone to loving themselves. Look at your metaphors and you will see that you are at war.

10. draqon Banned Banned

and you would know this because you are truly awake?

11. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

Actually, he is right. Language is inefficient for matters of the spirit, and a question is nothing but a craving of the Ego for knowledge.

What I’m trying to say is that no matter how many or which questions you ask; you are the only one who can ever know who you truly are. You are the one who needs to search deep into yourself so you can find the real inexpressible answers.
    Any answer that comes from an external source, only serves to teach you that the answer is not important, the real importance is in the silence…